The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Progression locked on Ulfra encounter on The Gray Host quest

BrantRecon
BrantRecon
✭✭
Heya, I've been busting through Greymoor after about a year of procrastinating on it so this is my first time running through it. I'm at the part where you go into the Undergrove and get into a fight with Exarch Ulfra and have to protect Svana from a few baddies surrounding the Pike.

The only problem is that once I kill those two initial enemies, nothing happens. The only thing that keeps occurring is the "lost spirits" that occasionally pop up and dissolve into the pike if left unimpeded, and I can swing forever and ever at the pike with its health constantly regenerating, which I assume is supposed to be the case until Ulfra is defeated (or at least I assume is defeated).

I've done the usual progressively extreme gambit of troubleshooting steps to fix this. Those include:
  • Patiently waiting a rather long time to see if something happens
  • Leaving the room through the available exit under Ulfra and re-entering through the delve
  • Fast travelling out of Blackreach, fast travel back to the closest Wayshrine, and re-enter the delve to get back to the Undergrove
  • Abandoning and restarting this quest (which hurts quite a bit because this is a long one)
  • Disabling all add-ons
  • Logging out and logging back in
  • Exiting out, waiting the night, and trying the next day
  • Validating game files and repairing

I've come to the end of things I know I can do, aside from re-installing the game and I'd prefer to avoid that if possible if a workaround exists. I have submitted a support ticket in game as well but haven't even gotten an automated response on that yet (and it was sent last night before I admitted defeat for the evening).

So with that all laid out, is there any step I'm missing that I could take to try to fix this and progress? Or is this a known issue with a known workaround? I tried looking this up here and across the web but couldn't find this same issue with this encounter. Hopefully I wasn't just not using the right keywords there.

Also here's a picture included to show where exactly I'm stuck.
9teis5cymcbf.png

Any help is greatly appreciated! I'd just like to progress past this and continue in the story.
  • Carnage23666
    Carnage23666
    Soul Shriven
    I am stuck in the exact same place! Your post is the only mention of this specific bug I can find anywhere. Did you eventually find a solution?