The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magicka Nightblade - we want our rights

Doczy
Doczy
✭✭✭
Hello my magblade friends. we are in agony in long time. But we need to unite. we need to show our strength to developers.

They need to learn we are not slaves, we wont accept our fate or their forces to play another class. We are paying their salary. We are paying money of little hamsters food who tries hard to power the server.

I have few ideas for make magblade better. I think you will agree with me.We want justice. Not an advantage to other classes.

*First of all we want to get our major sorcery and major brutality from siphoning strikes and morphs . Not from useless sap essence and morphs.

*Make new visual for mark target like weakness to elements

*Add offensive penetration to grim focus and morphs and all buffs stays for 3-5 seconds after abilty used. and make it faster for landing.

*Add Minor Prophecy to Hemorrhage passive

*Make dark cloaks heals scale to magicka or %x per second

*%35 heal for 4 seconds + minor mending for 4 seconds to swallow soul

*İnsta-dot for cripple

*and 0 cast time to soul harvest . Its not aoe its not cc so why it still have cast time?

I know we are unhappy about our tier in pvp. Magblade class is lowest tier in PVP for long time. Because we are not showing our hand to them.

you can add your ideas and discuss so they can realize again there is a lot of magblade players.

And my last call. Lets cancel our subs if they still ignores us. So they can continue to play with their favorite classes.

• xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS doesnt care. I cancled my sub and stopped playing for 3 months now, wish more people would vote with their wallets.
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doczy wrote: »
    I know we are unhappy about our tier in pvp. Magblade class is lowest tier in PVP for long time. Because we are not showing our hand to them.

That's not why.

Besides, ESO's magical assassins are fine at burning down PVE bosses with a billion health and no sense of self-preservation, and isn't that why we chose nightblade?
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    make dark cloak heal to highest stats, this will make magblade, tankblade and non stealth stamblade better
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think magblade is fine, unless you mean pve dps or something. Only thing about nb is wanting to use too many skills with not enough slots.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello my magblade friends. we are in agony in long time. But we need to unite. we need to show our strength to developers.

They need to learn we are not slaves, we wont accept our fate or their forces to play another class. We are paying their salary. We are paying money of little hamsters food who tries hard to power the server.

I have few ideas for make magblade better. I think you will agree with me.We want justice. Not an advantage to other classes.

*First of all we want to get our major sorcery and major brutality from siphoning strikes and morphs . Not from useless sap essence and morphs.

*Make new visual for mark target like weakness to elements

*Add offensive penetration to grim focus and morphs and all buffs stays for 3-5 seconds after abilty used. and make it faster for landing.

*Make dark cloaks heals scale to magicka or %x per second

*%35 heal for 4 seconds + minor mending for 4 seconds to swallow soul

*İnsta-dot for cripple

*and 0 cast time to soul harvest . Its not aoe its not cc so why it still have cast time?

you can add your ideas and discuss so they can realize again there is a lot of magblade players.

And my last call. Lets cancel our subs if they still ignores us. So they can continue to play with their favorite classes.

mag nb is not lowest tier at least in pvp

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/557210/pvp-tierlist-for-markarth#latest

• MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny to hear someone complaining about Magblades not buffed enough when they're pretty much THE OP dmg class for solo and PvE content....
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Going to disagree on this point. Minor Prophecy is currently a unique offering that only Sorcerers bring to group content. (Similar to how Minor Savagery is the unique offering that Nightblades bring to the group. The last thing this game needs is more homogenization between the classes. Let each class keep their unique offerings in the forms of Minor Buffs, where they are just strong enough to be meaningful, but not too strong where not having them leaves the other classes severely lacking (ideally).

Besides, Magicka Nightblade is not exactly lacking in the damage department. Where its primary weaknesses lie are in being able to survive in PVP outside of spamming cloak.
    Edited by ealdwin on December 31, 2020 9:01PM
  • Doczy
    Doczy
    ✭✭✭
    Faded wrote: »

That's not why.

Besides, ESO's magical assassins are fine at burning down PVE bosses with a billion health and no sense of self-preservation, and isn't that why we chose nightblade?

bro you know PVP and PVE are different things right?
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's not why.

Uhh, I thought this was why they are in the game. Then they gave us the Medusa changes. Now I don't have to worry about self-preservation as I slap 2 heavy pieces onto my Dark Elf, with all the spell power, sustain, and the top-tier execute I need.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade really is not lacking in terms of damage.
    If they should really get a burst heal on top of cloak and shadexploiting through walls, then this burst heal should at least be added to dark cloak, so they can not have invisibility and a burst heal at once.

I never found decently built magicka nightblades to be lacking when it comes to survivability.
    What annoys me the most, is how slow assassin's will is (bow). It almost never hits and needs its minimum travel time removed, as do all ranged attacks. Why do ranged builds get punished so much for going into melee range?
    Edited by Dracane on December 31, 2020 11:25PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do agree with the OP. There is an unbalance between magBlade PVP and PVE gameplay. I have canceled my ESOPlus. After plating since 2014, this game has not changed. They want to change player behaviors, I challenge ESO to change their behaviors that brought the game down; in their path of destroying class identities, the magBlade has never recovered.

Consider today's PVP where the class kits are not their primary damage source, they've all been replaced by weapon skills - few skill exceptions but review ALL the streamers builds and count how many class kit skills are actually in the burst rotation. MagBlades have the heaviest reliance on class skills, proc sets and Restoration staff to be remotely competitive.

I wont consider renewing ESOPlus or buying service tokens until I see significant changes that define and revitalize each class identity; right now were in a horrible me too phase for every class.

• Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't Magicka Nightblade the top DPS class before Markarth?
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stahlor wrote: »
    Wasn't Magicka Nightblade the top DPS class before Markarth?

Your statement also addresses the me too climate. The problem isn't about the Markarth Band, its the whole class kit that needs rework from the ground up; this is also true about all the other classes.

ESO developers behaviors and choices caused the mess. Although their performance changes unified mechanics but it wasn't enough: they didn't change item levels, champion points, and so much more. I am not surprised Zenimax sold the spaghetti mess of a game after years of poor insight planning.

You could go through the history of my posts where I predicted this transition years ago and made visible from the initial launch of their performance changes. Maybe the new ownership will redress the long history of problems with the game.
    Edited by Sahidom on January 1, 2021 12:08PM
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about Band of Malacath? I meant Markarth DLC.
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not why.

bro you know PVP and PVE are different things right?

You don't say.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stahlor wrote: »
    Are you talking about Band of Malacath? I meant Markarth DLC.

I know but with the rising builds with the band; it doesn't invalidate my statements.
  • Doczy
    Doczy
    ✭✭✭
    its not a single player game . you cant say magblade is OP PVE class so it can be worst at PVP

class balance should be like pokemon grass>water>fire>grass with +/-

we dont want to be top tier class we want a balance.

it can be %10 +/- difference between classes

but in reality stamcro %100

magblade %70

I think Zos believes this game is moba game. we should have 10 chars almost every class and mag/stam and forcing us this year we want tank proc malacath meta. so only play with stamcro/stamblade/stamden etc. and they nerfhammer to crit if you insist play crit build.

whats the reason we still have merciless skill? pressure point and hemorrhage passive? whats the point of wearing light armor?

they are not PVP things anymore. Just for PVE. But hello we are PVP player.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then it would help more to post in the PVP section...
  • Doczy
    Doczy
    ✭✭✭

Combat & Character Mechanics
    Discuss classes, skills, your builds, and the finer details of combat.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not a single player game . you cant say magblade is OP PVE class so it can be worst at PVP

magblade %70

I think Zos believes this game is moba game. we should have 10 chars almost every class and mag/stam and forcing us this year we want tank proc malacath meta. so only play with stamcro/stamblade/stamden etc. and they nerfhammer to crit if you insist play crit build.

whats the reason we still have merciless skill? pressure point and hemorrhage passive? whats the point of wearing light armor?

Nods in PvE Stamden. OP PvP class, but not welcome in any endgame trial prog groups. People would rather have my 85k MagDK or 86k Cro over my 95k Stamden and that because Stamden brings nothing to the table for the group.

Of course on the flip side of that when I get into discussions about giving Stamden something to make us desired for PvE it almost immediately gets shot down by someone saying no way, Stamden is OP in PvP, if you wanna play Stamden go PvP instead. Changing Stamden is going to make it more unbalanced.

This whole thread here is the mirror image but for magblade. At least in PvP you can still play how you want, you may die a lot but the option is there. PvE everyone is a magcro or magblade. A few get to occasionally play DK or sorc but only the best among us.

That’s just how the game is made unfortunately.
  • Raegwyr
    Raegwyr
    ✭✭✭✭

magblade %70

Nods in PvE Stamden. OP PvP class, but not welcome in any endgame trial prog groups. People would rather have my 85k MagDK or 86k Cro over my 95k Stamden and that because Stamden brings nothing to the table for the group.

Of course on the flip side of that when I get into discussions about giving Stamden something to make us desired for PvE it almost immediately gets shot down by someone saying no way, Stamden is OP in PvP, if you wanna play Stamden go PvP instead. Changing Stamden is going to make it more unbalanced.

This whole thread here is the mirror image but for magblade. At least in PvP you can still play how you want, you may die a lot but the option is there. PvE everyone is a magcro or magblade. A few get to occasionally play DK or sorc but only the best among us.

True for a long time but now stamdens hit crazy numbers in PvE. As for pve group composition, what magblade brings to the table? Sorc and necro have more single target and aoe dps, they provide nice buffs to the group. Magblade was viable because of highiest single target damage, when they lost that, they are not needed in group settings hnless you want stamina in your group
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

magblade %70

Stamden and Magsorc are really balanced around pvp, while other classes are more balanced around pve.
    This makes Stamden and Magsorc suffer in pve. I do not think this is a problem really. Not every class needs to be equally good in all content.

And even though I find Stamdens quite oppressive and sometimes Sorcerer too, I believe they can add flavors or buffs to them that would make them desirable in a pve group without changing much about the pvp side.
    Sorcerer is lucky to grant a 6% crit chance buff and potentially minor intellect. That is a good buff for magicka oriented raids. Although more preferably fullfilled by a sorcerer support instead of losing raid dps by letting a sorcerer be a full DD.

Warden on the other hand? 10% health is nice, but not essential and impossible to get procced by a Warden DD. So Warden DD is undesirable in that regard.

An idea would be to allow the Savage Beast passive to restore 2 ultimate to allies when you use an animal ability. (Restores 4 to yourself) with a cooldown that is fix on the player though, so that there aren't full warden raids. This changes nothing about wardens in pvp, but would give them something unique. Then again, this too is something a healer warden could technically provide instead.
    Edited by Dracane on January 3, 2021 4:09PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat & Character Mechanics
    Discuss classes, skills, your builds, and the finer details of combat.

PvP Combat & Skills

Share your strategies, builds, and thoughts on PvP skills.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL at all these people saying magblade is fine in pvp. The only reason magblade is viable is because procs carry it. Otherwise anyone that knows how to block and or roll can easily avoid its burst and pressure.

Still best for bombing so there is that.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

magblade %70

Stamden and Magsorc are really balanced around pvp, while other classes are more balanced around pve.
    This makes Stamden and Magsorc suffer in pve. I do not think this is a problem really. Not every class needs to be equally good in all content.

And even though I find Stamdens quite oppressive and sometimes Sorcerer too, I believe they can add flavors or buffs to them that would make them desirable in a pve group without changing much about the pvp side.
    Sorcerer is lucky to grant a 6% crit chance buff and potentially minor intellect. That is a good buff for magicka oriented raids. Although more preferably fullfilled by a sorcerer support instead of losing raid dps by letting a sorcerer be a full DD.

Warden on the other hand? 10% health is nice, but not essential and impossible to get procced by a Warden DD. So Warden DD is undesirable in that regard.

An idea would be to allow the Savage Beast passive to restore 2 ultimate to allies when you use an animal ability. (Restores 4 to yourself) with a cooldown that is fix on the player though, so that there aren't full warden raids. This changes nothing about wardens in pvp, but would give them something unique. Then again, this too is something a healer warden could technically provide instead.

My prof groups are running debuff warden healers so all the warden utility comes from them. Much of it also comes from the sets that support is wearing which tilt heavily in favour of buffing magicka.

I’m trying to sell one of my raid leaders on the idea of wearing war machine and building the 500 ultimate to start each boss fight and building up another 500 for the execute phase to give us the 10% slayer buff. That would take master architect off a magicka DD. Since I’m running the 2H execute I don’t lose much by not casting the bear ultimate every time it procs and can spam more birds.

But until then I’m stuck as Magcro for one and MagDK for another group. And being asked to make a magblade to get ready for vCR.

It hurts to love stam so much and barely be able to play it.
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magblades problem is that it is a less forgiving class to play from a skill rotation standpoint. Timing is just way more important to the class kit / burst potential. Lack of a class burst heal combined with the penalties of battle spirit is a problem as well.

Now couple those with the massive issue of lag and the current HA proc meta...

It's a tough environment to say the least. Difficult to justifying playing a magblade unless simply you enjoy reading the death recap.

• deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make dark cloak heal to highest stats, this will make magblade, tankblade and non stealth stamblade better

Agreed. So many people complain about shadowy disguise being OP but ZoS's other option is honestly a terrible alternate morph that doesn't do much if you're under 45k health and in PvP it's not great either after battle spirit. Plus minor protection isn't what it used to be. Do I use dark cloak? Yes, but because it's that or shadowy and I'm not looking for the "invisible" play style. It certainly needs a buff to be in line with every other classes heal. Every time i swap to my warden with arctic blast that has a 12k tool tip burst heal plus HoT plus damage plus stun, my NB cries a little lol.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. So many people complain about shadowy disguise being OP but ZoS's other option is honestly a terrible alternate morph that doesn't do much if you're under 45k health and in PvP it's not great either after battle spirit. Plus minor protection isn't what it used to be. Do I use dark cloak? Yes, but because it's that or shadowy and I'm not looking for the "invisible" play style. It certainly needs a buff to be in line with every other classes heal. Every time i swap to my warden with arctic blast that has a 12k tool tip burst heal plus HoT plus damage plus stun, my NB cries a little lol.

Arctic wind heals for 10% of your hp in pvp. Wow.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Dracane on January 6, 2021 12:28AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Arctic wind heals for 10% of your hp in pvp. Wow.

1.3k tooltip on the hot. Its noticeable.
    Don't forget the 11k tooltip burst heal or the unblockable aoe stun
    or the fact that it can proc chilled giving the warden 10% more crit damage.

10% of your max HP ? if you mean the burst heal I don't know how you are getting it to only heal you so little. If you mean the hot attached to it 10% of your max hp would be insane lol
    Edited by Alchimiste1 on January 6, 2021 6:16AM