The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Stadia/PC version of this game does not impress me

goldCoaster
goldCoaster
✭✭✭
As a lifelong Playstation player, I was expecting fireworks. I was expecting groove. I was expecting soul. I was expecting sex.

But the other day, I purchased that Projekt CD Red game that shall-never-be-named.

The game that shall-never-be-named is great on Stadia.

Then I purchased ESO on the whim.

Kinda grainy. Stutters. You can't chat with other players. The "wheel" doesn't even have an option to bring up a player profile.

That's a "no" for me, dawg.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much has to do with the machine you are running the game on. That seems to be the issue.

Edit: And as Mairwn said, we do not need voice chat on PC as we have better alternatives. Better because we do not need to hear pointless conversations from strangers. I played one game with built-in VoIP and had to mute strangers in groups constantly due to their constant rambling.
    Edited by idk on December 31, 2020 12:55AM
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a lifelong Playstation player, I was expecting fireworks. I was expecting groove. I was expecting soul. I was expecting sex.

But the other day, I purchased that Projekt CD Red game that shall-never-be-named.

The game that shall-never-be-named is great on Stadia.

Then I purchased ESO on the whim.

Kinda grainy. Stutters. You can't chat with other players. The "wheel" doesn't even have an option to bring up a player profile.

That's a "no" for me, dawg.

Text chat. There are no player profiles like on console, and unlike consoles, voice is not built into the game because there are many voice chat options external to the game. With consoles you're locked into the hardware, pc you are not.
  • goldCoaster
    goldCoaster
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Much has to do with the machine you are running the game on. That seems to be the issue.

Ethernet. I have excellent internet.

Google Stadia sent me a free kit after I purchased the game-that-shall-never-be-named.

PS4 is far smoother than Stadia ESO.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only good thing Console has on PC is the Crown Prices.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • goldCoaster
    goldCoaster
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is how the Ps4 NA server runs smooth like Barry White.

Stadia = jeebus. I plug in my headphones, and it does't even register.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Google Stadia sent me a free kit after I purchased the game-that-shall-never-be-named.

So the complaint seems to lie with stadia, not PC or the PC server.
  • goldCoaster
    goldCoaster
    ✭✭✭

Can you peak into another player's profile on PC?
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the issue here is Stadia, not the PC server
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That seems rather trivial to the performance of the game.

Edit: I played on PC, then transferred to console. In the end, I came back to PC and never looked back. The experience, with a decent gaming rig, is far superior.
    Edited by idk on December 31, 2020 1:10AM
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't forget addons.
    PC NA
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We don't have player/gamer profiles on pc like on xbox/ps. There's nothing to peek at.

If we're all on discord and I've linked that to my steam or whatever, that's the nearest equivalent to what you're talking about. Like I said, pc players are not locked into the platform in the same way as console gamers are. It's more distributed.
    Edited by mairwen85 on December 31, 2020 2:06AM
  • Tremuto
    Tremuto
    ✭✭✭
    Should had sold the Stadia and use that towards an actual PC.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play on a decent pc. I bought it on stadia as it was £5 with a free trial to play on my phone. I agree with OP it has terrible performance. Constant stutters and freezes. They should have never incorporated it.
    Edited by relentless_turnip on December 31, 2020 3:42AM
  • NSatin
    NSatin
    ✭✭
    I actually returned to ESO because of Stadia, as I no longer have a gaming rig, and haven't encountered any issues at all. At least in PvE. I don't PvP, so I can't speak to that experience.
    Edited by NSatin on December 31, 2020 3:44AM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And who's choice was it to partner up with Google/Stadia?

It sure as heck was not McDonalds.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stadia will depend heavily on the bandwidth you have and latency between you and the stadia server. At the end of the day you could end up being anywhere on a 1GB connection right next to a Stadia server to being on a 5mb satellite connection in the outback.

And your own hardware will still make a huge different. Stadia only takes some of the processing power from your rig. If your using a GTX 650, for example, it can't render the game any better than what a GTX 650 can render the game. You are still limited to that hardware tech. All stadia does is take processing load of your machine and process it on a server and then send the processed info back to you.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't Stadia barred from add-ons? There is basically very few differences between Stadia and Consoles at that point.

I can't go back to ESO without add-ons because they do so much for the game.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's rough. No addons basically killed it for me in 3 seconds.

I can do writs over lunch on my phone though. That's nice. That's also all I can do lol, but it is handy for that
  • goldCoaster
    goldCoaster
    ✭✭✭
    LOL add-ons.

I do not care about that.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO on Stadia is a joke
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • goldCoaster
    goldCoaster
    ✭✭✭
    FYI: ESO is the greatest game on PS4.

LOL at peepz thinking I'm hatin' on this game.

I'm just saying that the Stadia version is not what I expected.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    ESO on Stadia is a joke

I don't get the joke.

The last few times I've come back to ESO it is because I've had some free time and played in Stadia, on my phone, and loved the experience enough to update my PC to play "properly". Unfortunately after a while on PC it becomes a bit grindy and underwhelming, so I tap out again.

Complaints about stadia stuttering are 100% down to poor internet, and that is going to be a problem for some. Otherwise it's amazing to have a full MMO available on mobile. It's a fresh way to experience story content, and the quickest way to log into to the game to check things or do quick daily jobs.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • goldCoaster
    goldCoaster
    ✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    essi2 wrote: »
    ESO on Stadia is a joke

I don't get the joke.

The last few times I've come back to ESO it is because I've had some free time and played in Stadia, on my phone, and loved the experience enough to update my PC to play "properly". Unfortunately after a while on PC it becomes a bit grindy and underwhelming, so I tap out again.

Complaints about stadia stuttering are 100% down to poor internet, and that is going to be a problem for some. Otherwise it's amazing to have a full MMO available on mobile. It's a fresh way to experience story content, and the quickest way to log into to the game to check things or do quick daily jobs.

I have excellent internet.

PS4 NA is far superior to the Stadiaz.
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL

Unless you're being sarcastic.
    Then LMFAO
    Edited by andreasv on December 31, 2020 9:17AM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have fibre optic internet and stadia runs terribly...
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: And as Mairwn said, we do not need voice chat on PC as we have better alternatives. Better because we do not need to hear pointless conversations from strangers. I played one game with built-in VoIP and had to mute strangers in groups constantly due to their constant rambling.

Actually we do need a voice chat for when pugging group content. It's one of the great QoL things that console has that PC for weird reasons lack.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »

Actually we do need a voice chat for when pugging group content. It's one of the great QoL things that console has that PC for weird reasons lack.

Think of all the external tools out there for voice. The only reason it's built into console is because it leverages the platform voip (baked into the platform). There is no platform specific voip for PC.

Like I keep saying, with console gaming, all of your utilities and services are centralised to the platform, in PC gaming its more distributed,

Edited by mairwen85 on December 31, 2020 12:33PM
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You were expecting sex???
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    andreasv wrote: »

LOL

Unless you're being sarcastic.
    Then LMFAO

I was thinking their PC must be running like a GT 100 or something, if they think PS4 has awesome graphics.
  • goldCoaster
    goldCoaster
    ✭✭✭
    delenn35 wrote: »
    You were expecting sex???

Yes.