The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot Complete Blackheart Haven Quest

LordProteus
I've been trying to do the quest inside of Blackheart Haven but it appears to be impossible. The following two scenarios played out when I tried.

1 - Picked up the quest like a Player normally would, but at the end of the Dungeon when talking to the quest NPC, there was a mandatory disconect from the server. Being disconected at the end of the dungeon seems to be mandatory for myself and many other Players. When reconnecting, I am teleported back to the start of the dungeon and there is a race against time to hand in the quest before the game boots me from the dungeon. However, the quest NPC is missing from the dungeon.

2 - Skipped the initial NPC conversation because the party just rushed past all the mobs. The quest updated to the first skull part though, but the party ignored it and went on ahead. The quest NPC did not spawn at the end of the dungeon.

Why is this dungeon, and others, designed this way? To be honest, there should be no conversations or quest NPC's in any dungeons. Does anyone have any tips on how to get past the terrible design flaws for Dungeons in ESO? Particularly this one.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on December 15, 2020 10:15PM
  • LordProteus
    Since I can't edit posts, which is a basic feature of all message boards yet missing here, I will make an addendum. I saw an earlier thread mentioning these problems, all the way back in 2014. I think it's time for the devs to update the old dungeons. I don't know if dungeons made later in the games lifespan are better designed or not since I have not gotten past pre-Morrowind content yet, as I'm doing everything chronologically.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since I can't edit posts, which is a basic feature of all message boards yet missing here

The little gear wheel at top of page, next to thread title ("Cannot Complete Blackheart Haven Quest"), allows you to edit your post.

• Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Since I can't edit posts, which is a basic feature of all message boards yet missing here

The little gear wheel at top of page, next to thread title ("Cannot Complete Blackheart Haven Quest"), allows you to edit your post.

You have to reload page in the desktop version
    Since I can't edit posts, which is a basic feature of all message boards yet missing here, I will make an addendum. I saw an earlier thread mentioning these problems, all the way back in 2014. I think it's time for the devs to update the old dungeons. I don't know if dungeons made later in the games lifespan are better designed or not since I have not gotten past pre-Morrowind content yet, as I'm doing everything chronologically.

Make a premade group. On normal two people are enough to clear the dungeon, BTW. We are not getting solo/story mode in the foreseeable future.