The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A painful but memorable 2 year tribute (and BGs).

Artmetis
Artmetis
✭✭✭
Well folks, I have completed my TWO YEAR challenge! For those of you not aware, my brother (we were like twins) passed away unexpectedly at age 50, a bit over 2 years ago. Of the 4 kids, he and I were the only ones never separated, with all his things moved to my house. We lived together at times, were in a number of bands together, him playing ‘keys’ like a boss, and me singing! He started playing professionally at age 13. He would call me often, and many times I was playing ESO, so he ended up chatting with the wifie. He would say things like, “ya on the computer again, right? that’s why you can’t come to the phone or stay long on it.” Or, “he playing that video game again, and don’t have time for me, right?” Etc. Little did I know how much I would come miss his voice :(. After a time, I made a pledge to be in the top 50 for 50 weeks on a BG leader board (mostly Land Grab). I thought he would find it ironic, and funny, in heaven :) It took me away from the intense pain of his loss, and gave me a mind numbing enjoyment. Top 50 for 50 weeks turned into in top 5 for 2 years, (he passed Nov, 2 years ago) I took it to MY 50th birthday on Dec 7th, since I still was not able to ‘let go’. During that time I have made many a friend, and some enemies, even a guild that was bullying me to stop me from getting points on purpose (the GM told me so, and I felt it!). To all those that supported me, <3 , and thank you for understanding. To those that sent me hate tells cause I was not Death Matching during a Flag or Land grab game, now you now why I was doing this. REMEMBER to always keep in touch with those you love, you never know when it could be the last time you hear their voice! :'( I’ll still play BGs, so look out for me, but now that my quest is done, not with the same intensity. May you always be surrounded by the voices of those you love. Blessings be with you.

PS. Below is a FEW SS, most of them are on our Discord for proof on this 2 year quest, I had forgotten to SS a few of them.

PPS. Final tally 51 weeks 1st, 32 weeks 2nd, 11 weeks 3rd, 6 weeks, 4th, 1 week 5th. (I am missing a few screen shots, so not sure what place those were, but I know it’s top 5.

PPPS. Again, reach out to those you love, never forget that if we take these special people for granted, we may not have the opportunity to enjoy them again, in this world. <3

@Artmetis, GM WARmart Blade’n’Trade. (Artmetis Entreri, the tanky Healer)

https://imgur.com/a/ps6eYw8?

Edited by Artmetis on December 13, 2020 11:05PM
  • Artmetis
    Artmetis
    ✭✭✭
    So the wifie found 2 more on her comp. final tally, 52 1ts, 33 2nds, 11 3rds, 6 4ths, 1 5th. (one missing)
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats and sorry for your loss.
  • Artmetis
    Artmetis
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you :smile: It was a 'bitter sweet' quest
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome, Artmetis, and I am so sorry you lost your very much loved brother. And just for info, I love buying my bits from your guild, because it's such an awesome name!

Happy Holidays, whichever of them you keep, and <3 to you and your family.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats on the achievement, and sorry for your loss of your beloved brother. Posts like this shine a light in these strange and for many dark times.

Happy holidays for you and everyone else <3
    EU PC
  • Artmetis
    Artmetis
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you guys so much for your kind words. It really means a lot to me. Lol on the name, it just seemed perfect since many of us love our PvP.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry for your loss. You are not alone. I know the community in the old Bethesda forums (before ESO) when my parents passed away, have helped me. I understand how this means a lot to you.

I wish you the best.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Artmetis
    Artmetis
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice to hear of the support. Sorry it had to be, because of a loss. Many times, ppl forget that there are actual 'humans' behind the comp screen. (well most of the times there is, lol)
  • Natarzja
    Natarzja
    Soul Shriven
    Super happy you were able to accomplish this tribute to Dio, my love! <3 You went through many highs and lows in various ways to reach the finish line. I can't say I really know anyone who has achieved something similar to this in my life. Now, you get to really unwind as we enter a new year! :* Congrats Arty! <3
  • Artmetis
    Artmetis
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you soooo much! <3 . The journey was worth it more then the results and my mind was preoccupied many times. I hope anyone who reads this and have lost a loved one, especially during the holiday season, know that we can go on and keep the memories alive.
  • mustardSeed11
    mustardSeed11
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you so much for sharing your stroy and being so openly vulnerable. I made this forum account just to leave you a reply. I'm not a gamer myself and only started playing ESO to cope with pain and current problems at hand. TBH I knew that when faced with rl challenges, gaming is not the wisest coping choice and I was very much ashamed of all my hours spent in eso. Then, we exchanged few msgs after few bgs and your encouraging words and your story really did help me. Thank you and I am so sorry for your loss. You have a whole army of brothers. Bless you.
  • Artmetis
    Artmetis
    ✭✭✭
    ./salute :smile::'(:/

Mustard, thank you for the understanding. Many times, people do not stop to think.... 'RL humans are sitting (standing?) behind the screen .' In my case, the telephone ringing (I am in a BG, can't come to the phone Dio!)... Ironic.

Mountains; we can move; with the faith of a seed!

Dis one hope dat de 'penance' he did (or 2 year quest?) make others think too, of loved ones, yes?

Heal ya'll soon!
    Edited by Artmetis on December 19, 2020 9:51AM