The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant Freezing

Lone343Wolf
Currently everytime I go into a battleground, at the end of a dungeon boss, or in Cyrodiil my game is freezing. It seems to be happening at the pinnacle part of each activity. Is this happening to anyone else? I honestly about to stop playing until the fix this cause I can’t play at all because of it. I havnt had this issue before, and it seemed to start around 2 days ago.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I freeze in half the bgs I'm in. 6 consecutively yesterday. 2 today. A lot of people are experiencing a lot of issues with freezing and bluescreening and Zos is quiet as a mouse about it. They clearly have no idea what the cause is. They will probably close this thread rather than acknowledge that you, as a paying customer, are experiencing these issues.
    Edited by GetAgrippa on November 30, 2020 9:32PM
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its strange how crashing happens to some all the time and to others not at all. Anyone got explanation?
    I'm on PC/NA and play every day and have only crashed 2-3 times total since this patch. I play for hours and do mostly dungeons and trials. I know people gonna say that I'm lucky and so on but I don't think luck has anything to do with it. I'm just trying to understand why it keeps happening to some and not others. I have talked with alot of people in game chat about it and asked what hardware they using etc. And what I've noticed is that people who mainly crash esp multiple times and often, have weaker hardware or AMD systems. I've even tested this few times. I just now did Fang lair and Wayrest2, the most problematic dungeons apparently. 3 people kept crashing at the lich boss in FL and 2 crashed in WS2 lich boss. I soloed both bosses without any issues. Same with vHRC trial. Alot crash reports from there. I ran it 4 times in a row the other day and no crashing at all for me. I've asked people in dungeons and trials what hardware they running. It was interesting that most who had problems used older PCs or some weak laptops. Also some had new beast AMD Ryzen rigs and also crashed. I haven't come across anyone with beefy Intel rigs crashing. That also explains why consoles have more issues than PC users, coz they are alot weaker and AMD.

Please leave a comment if you are using decent Intel based system like 6-8 core i7, at least 16gig ddr4 ram, nvme and etc. and are crashing. Maybe its just coincidence or maybe I'm lucky af for some reason and should go buy lottery lol.

I know that the game is broken regardless but I'm just curious why some crash and some dont. It could be memory related, leak or something coz people who crash often get totally frozen and hard reset only works. Some people have also reported their gpu fans ramping up like hell before crash and temps are out of control.

• GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »

I know that the game is broken regardless but I'm just curious why some crash and some dont. It could be memory related, leak or something coz people who crash often get totally frozen and hard reset only works. Some people have also reported their gpu fans ramping up like hell before crash and temps are out of control.

Not everyone plays on PC. I'm on PS4 and am experiencing crashes and freezes several times an hour. Battlegrounds, dungeons, basically anything that is not overland solo content. It's not my hardware.
    Edited by GetAgrippa on December 1, 2020 12:33AM
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GetAgrippa wrote: »

Not everyone plays on PC. I'm on PS4 and am experiencing crashes and freezes several times an hour. Battlegrounds, dungeons, basically anything that is not overland solo content. It's not my hardware.

Isn't your cpu AMD tho?
    This what I've noticed by asking people.
    AMD is known to have more instability issues in certain scenarios. It wouldn't be the first time when AMD rigs had issues and Intel didn't in other games also.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    not sure if it is hardware...
    i have more serious problems only on half of my characters, for example wearing briarhart almost have freezing at first shot with bow, some way biger skill desincs and i didn't even tried to do some serious content but still have managed to ctd for not obvious reason.
    at same time have other characters that did solo some group dungeons and dolmens and crashed only ones or twice. one of the is low level.
    from time to time skills work when they want, from time to time magica or stamina regeneration bugs, especially if there is other people around.

last days didn't had any problems to log in for daily login and mount training and log back out :smiley:
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please leave a comment if you are using decent Intel based system like 6-8 core i7, at least 16gig ddr4 ram, nvme and etc. and are crashing. Maybe its just coincidence or maybe I'm lucky af for some reason and should go buy lottery lol.

Well the game will only use 4 cores, but my tower is an ex server box so has 96GB and 16 cores. Game still hangs in the same places as other people report - despite the fact I'm running it under Proton on Linux so using entirely different graphics drivers. Interestingly though when we had half our group crash out at the same moment on blessed crucible I had the same AMD graphics card and didn't crash. Who knows.

Dungeon finder being bust is clearly server side, people being teleported out of trials mid boss fight and told they are not in a group is presumably related.

Too many toons not enough time