The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Invisible walls in some unneeded places - why?

maboleth
maboleth
✭✭✭✭✭
I understand why they exist and why they have to be set on many places.
But sometimes, they just ruin the fun for the explorers. See that peak over there? It would be nice to climb it? Right?! You can't - even though terrain exists, everything is there. But yeah. The wall.
See that cliff over here? Nice view, probably, but you cannot go. Again.

Invisi-walls are effectively even more annoying in the houses when they prevent owners to build a 2nd floor in some higher houses or to go slightly off in the wild. Sometimes owners use various "hacks" to do that. Just like some know a "hack" to climb Red Mountain and other places. But that's very off the charts and I understand why invisi walls are there. Still it's fun.

My question for @ZOS_GinaBruno designers - why do you hide your beautiful work behind those walls in unneeded places?

Elder Scrolls games are all about exploring, discovering and going off the path. Invisible walls effectively prevent you to do that. And I've seen so much detailed world out there, in ESO, that was made to be hidden behind those walls.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can go off the path, so long as off the path remains within the intended "path".

I've been out of bounds myself and those details behind the walls are barely a facade. Most are just 2D textures. Beyond that is buggy empty terrain with missing collision physics.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some collision boxes could have been made better, but thing is, usually there is nothing impressive behind...
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An invisible wall is just a challenge.
    PvP needs more love.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Some collision boxes could have been made better, but thing is, usually there is nothing impressive behind...

I wasn't talking about some far off lands/end of textures. I hinted that and I know why boundaries exist there. However, some mountain peaks, houses, rooftops and places that are formed and have all shapes and forms STILL have those walls. People do like to wander and invisible walls just make it harder or impossible. It's annoying.
    Edited by maboleth on November 30, 2020 10:48PM