The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

“sticker book/Transmute” Overland Sets Light Armor: only Robes! NO Shirt, NO Jerkin - why?

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    SimiOC2 wrote: »
    So, as of right now, if anyone has an overland set for light armor with Shirt or Jerkin, these 2 items should not be deconstructed, as they cannot be reconstructed later on.

Why would you need to reconstruct specifically a jerkin instead of a robe? There’s no difference between these pieces.

If it’s a cosmetic reason then the outfit system allows making a robe look like a jerkin, in any style and color.

This was my thought as well. The outfit system is easy to use.

The outfit system costs gold and possibly crowns to use. It costs money to use outfits, one way or another. You also have to learn all the styles on every toon if you want the ability to make an outfit of a particular style.
    You only need to learn the style on one character and all can use it. Yes it cost some gold but above 2k is rare unless you go nuts with expensive styles.
    Now it can be nice to keep chest unstyled if you use multiple gear sets like DD, heal, PvP.

Edited by zaria on December 1, 2020 4:44PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    SimiOC2 wrote: »
    So, as of right now, if anyone has an overland set for light armor with Shirt or Jerkin, these 2 items should not be deconstructed, as they cannot be reconstructed later on.

Why would you need to reconstruct specifically a jerkin instead of a robe? There’s no difference between these pieces.

If it’s a cosmetic reason then the outfit system allows making a robe look like a jerkin, in any style and color.

This was my thought as well. The outfit system is easy to use.

The outfit system costs gold and possibly crowns to use. It costs money to use outfits, one way or another. You also have to learn all the styles on every toon if you want the ability to make an outfit of a particular style.

This is a very important point.

The only truly free outfit player characters get is they equip directly on their person. Everything else costs in-game gold, or worse, out-of-game, real world money. It's not unusual for players to create an outfit based on their equipped gear. Not allowing reconstruction of light armor jerkins is a weird limitation that doesn't need to exist and can be easily fixed. Just let light armor robe/jerkin unlock both, and either to be selected during reconstruction.
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Accidental double-posting.
    Edited by Adventurer on December 2, 2020 2:26PM
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti wrote: »
    This is a non issue really, outfit system fixes this.

Yeah, and we don't even need collection sets: grinding system fixes that...

It's about QoL and not workarounds. Of course this is a small issue but would be nice to have both robe & jerkin unlocked at the same time for reconstruction. Hopefully it's not a big ask since it is not a huge change.
    Edited by SickDuck on December 2, 2020 2:36PM
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • SimiOC2
    SimiOC2
    ✭✭
    OK - Here's a recap of the original discussion about the problem of not being able to reconstruct light armor Jerkin at a Transmute Station.
    It is also to note that this 'minor' issue also applies to all overland and dungeon sets with light armor chest pieces:

Using a 'Shadow Dancer's Raiment' overland set light chest as step-by-step example:

1. Player binds/equip a Light Armor Jerkin = bound (my inventory of Robes and Jerkins show now as collected)
    2. Sticker book box reports only Robe as collected
    3. Sticker Book then sends this information "Robe" to the Crafting Station = Transmute Station,
    4. Transmute Station says thank you and adds 'Light Armor Robe' to the crafting option.

As we can see the problem starts with step 2

I also need to say something as a crafter's PoV: Reconstructing a light armor chest is the same as a Master Writ that calls for a Jerkin, so if I craft a Robe instead the Master Writ will not accept the Robe, but will keep telling me that I need to craft a Jerkin. The same principle applies to a recreated armor piece.
    Edited by SimiOC2 on January 12, 2021 6:27PM
  • SimiOC2
    SimiOC2
    ✭✭
    Re: Unable to reconstruct a Jerkin. As of today I still do not know if this issue is by design or should be considered a bug.