The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

does completing Bolgrul’s daily Undaunted delve quest reward Event Tickets

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    EARN NEW COLLECTIBLES & MORE DURING THE UNDAUNTED CELEBRATION

"Earn one Undaunted Reward Box a day from Bolgrul’s daily Undaunted delve quest."

Will daily Event Tickets be rewarded for delve bosses as well?

No. Or, more accurately, almost certainly not.
    They weren't last year, and the wording doesn't suggest they will this year, either. The wording also makes it sound like the chest you get from Bolgrul is not the one that would be certain to have an opal motif in it, either. I think those only come from killing the final boss in an instanced dungeon (like Fungal Grotto or Banished Cells, etc) for the first time in a day.

and so I ask again... why then state that its for those who feel they are not ready to tackled the dungeons, or may not have the time for one? if bogrul's daily does not award most of the event rewards, then in what world does it ever save time?

Because you aren't looking at the whole thing.
    When you defeat a dungeon’s final boss during this event, in addition to its regular rewards it also drops an Undaunted Reward Box. These celebrated containers can hold all kinds of useful and valuable loot, including Undaunted Keys, Undaunted Plunder (to sell for gold), motif pages, repair kits, transmute crystals, and more. If you’re not sure that you’re ready to tackle dungeons (or perhaps don’t have the time), you can also earn one Undaunted Reward Box a day by completing Bolgrul’s daily Undaunted delve quest. You can find Bolgrul within any Undaunted Enclave.

During the event period, the first time you complete a dungeon each day, you’ll receive a fancier, Glorious Undaunted Reward Box. This daily drop will include the same rewards as its less-famous cousin, but it’s also guaranteed to contain an Opal Weapon Style page for the following boss styles:

[etc etc until the bit at the end]

The first time you slay a final boss in a dungeon each day, you earn three Event Tickets (again don’t forget to loot your fallen foe).

If you kill the boss in a group dungeon (not public, the group ones), then you get a normal box in its loot. You can also get a normal box the first time you do a Bolgrul quest. However, the first group dungeon final boss you kill in a day will drop the deluxe fancy box and three tickets in its loot.

So at the start of a new day, kill the boss in a dungeon: 3 tix + fancy box. The next boss drops a normal box. As do all of the bosses that follow, until the next day rolls around. But you can also do a delve and get another normal box. The only difference with the box types is that the fancy box will have an opal style page in it, the normal boxes probably won't. But maybe they could. It's not guaranteed.

Solo'ing some of the early 1 dungeons (Banished Cells 1, Fungal Grotto 1, City of Ash 1, etc) isn't that hard. If you can do Maelstrom normal, you can solo an early group dungeon.

i AM looking at the whole thing. I'm questioning why they are claiming that doing Bogrul's daily saves time in any way, or is an option for players who do not feel ready for dungeons, if it doesn't reward any of the primary daily rewards for the event.

so either way you look at it, that phrasing is terrible and i want them to clarify it. either change it to "its just another way to get basic boxes" or clarify if its another way to get tickets. not this mess that is the announcement right now.

Try not to get too tunnel-visioned on the announcement wording just because you don't want to group with other players, @Linaleah.

The spirit of the event is to group up with other players in "group dungeons" to get the rewards.

Sure, players can solo Fungal Grotto I if they want ... but that will take more time than queuing up with a pre-made group.

Tickets were not given for the daily delve last time. Why would that change??

Sure, some new players may not be ready for normal group dungeons. But, at least they're not locked out of content like other events (Summerset, Antiquities, etc.).
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Earn one Undaunted Reward Box a day from Bolgrul’s daily Undaunted delve quest."

They weren't last year, and the wording doesn't suggest they will this year, either. The wording also makes it sound like the chest you get from Bolgrul is not the one that would be certain to have an opal motif in it, either. I think those only come from killing the final boss in an instanced dungeon (like Fungal Grotto or Banished Cells, etc) for the first time in a day.

and so I ask again... why then state that its for those who feel they are not ready to tackled the dungeons, or may not have the time for one? if bogrul's daily does not award most of the event rewards, then in what world does it ever save time?

When you defeat a dungeon’s final boss during this event, in addition to its regular rewards it also drops an Undaunted Reward Box. These celebrated containers can hold all kinds of useful and valuable loot, including Undaunted Keys, Undaunted Plunder (to sell for gold), motif pages, repair kits, transmute crystals, and more. If you’re not sure that you’re ready to tackle dungeons (or perhaps don’t have the time), you can also earn one Undaunted Reward Box a day by completing Bolgrul’s daily Undaunted delve quest. You can find Bolgrul within any Undaunted Enclave.

During the event period, the first time you complete a dungeon each day, you’ll receive a fancier, Glorious Undaunted Reward Box. This daily drop will include the same rewards as its less-famous cousin, but it’s also guaranteed to contain an Opal Weapon Style page for the following boss styles:

The first time you slay a final boss in a dungeon each day, you earn three Event Tickets (again don’t forget to loot your fallen foe).

If you kill the boss in a group dungeon (not public, the group ones), then you get a normal box in its loot. You can also get a normal box the first time you do a Bolgrul quest. However, the first group dungeon final boss you kill in a day will drop the deluxe fancy box and three tickets in its loot.

So at the start of a new day, kill the boss in a dungeon: 3 tix + fancy box. The next boss drops a normal box. As do all of the bosses that follow, until the next day rolls around. But you can also do a delve and get another normal box. The only difference with the box types is that the fancy box will have an opal style page in it, the normal boxes probably won't. But maybe they could. It's not guaranteed.

Solo'ing some of the early 1 dungeons (Banished Cells 1, Fungal Grotto 1, City of Ash 1, etc) isn't that hard. If you can do Maelstrom normal, you can solo an early group dungeon.

i AM looking at the whole thing. I'm questioning why they are claiming that doing Bogrul's daily saves time in any way, or is an option for players who do not feel ready for dungeons, if it doesn't reward any of the primary daily rewards for the event.

so either way you look at it, that phrasing is terrible and i want them to clarify it. either change it to "its just another way to get basic boxes" or clarify if its another way to get tickets. not this mess that is the announcement right now.

Try not to get too tunnel-visioned on the announcement wording just because you don't want to group with other players, @Linaleah.

The spirit of the event is to group up with other players in "group dungeons" to get the rewards.

Sure, players can solo Fungal Grotto I if they want ... but that will take more time than queuing up with a pre-made group.

Sure, some new players may not be ready for normal group dungeons. But, at least they're not locked out of content like other events (Summerset, Antiquities, etc.).

is the spirit of the event to group with other players though? then again - WHY USE THAT WORDING? things change all the time. if i remember correctly, you coudln't get undaunted boxes from Bogrul's dailies last year either. THAT has changed.

queueing up with a premade group can take longer then just soloing it, because on has to create that premade group in a first place. queueing up solo might./.. MIGHT be fast. but it might also be annoying. if you go for random, you are not guaranteed short, fast dungeon, if you go specifically for FG1, you are STILL not guaranteed instant pop.

dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can one get a reward box from one Bolgrul quest per day PER ACCOUNT or one Bolgrul quest per day PER CHARACTER?

I'd been assuming the latter, but upon review I suspect the former is correct. It fits the wording; it fits precedent; and it avoids turning this event into a Celebration of Bolgrul's Orc-Snark.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

is the spirit of the event to group with other players though? then again - WHY USE THAT WORDING? things change all the time. if i remember correctly, you coudln't get undaunted boxes from Bogrul's dailies last year either. THAT has changed.

queueing up with a premade group can take longer then just soloing it, because on has to create that premade group in a first place. queueing up solo might./.. MIGHT be fast. but it might also be annoying. if you go for random, you are not guaranteed short, fast dungeon, if you go specifically for FG1, you are STILL not guaranteed instant pop.

During the witches' festival, I'd just go to Spindle and say in guild "I'm running Spindle for the Skull, anyone want to come?" and I'd end up with at least one other player, if not a full group, just joining along the way. No time lost on my part and they got their skulls too.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can one get a reward box from one Bolgrul quest per day PER ACCOUNT or one Bolgrul quest per day PER CHARACTER?

I'd been assuming the latter, but upon review I suspect the former is correct. It fits the wording; it fits precedent; and it avoids turning this event into a Celebration of Bolgrul's Orc-Snark.

Actually, I think it would be whenever you get Bolgrul's regular rewards, which would be once per day per character. The write-up doesn't really specify, though.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way this news post is worded these are the possible rewards

Event Tickets
    Glorious Undaunted Reward Box
    Undaunted Reward Box
    Opal Monster Mask
    Opal Monster Shoulders

The Rewards are sourced as following

Event Ticket

First Dungeon clear of the day

Glorious Undaunted Reward Box

First Dungeon clear of the day

Undaunted Reward Box

second dungeon clear of the day and all subsequent dungeon clears for that day

Bogrul's daily quest

Opal Monster Mask

Hard Mode of the following dungeons

Iceheart (Direfrost Keep)**
    Lord Warden (Imperial City Prison)**
    Nightflame (Elden Hollow II)**
    Swarm Mother (Spindleclutch I)**
    Ilambris (Crypt of Hearts I)
    Troll King (Blessed Crucible)
    Bloodspawn (Spindleclutch II)
    Engine Guardian (Darkshade Caverns II)

Note: Dungeons with the ** are new to the Undaunted Event 2020, all others were avaiable previously.

Opal Monster Shoulders

50 keys from Undaunted Vendors for specific Opal Shoulders you want*

25 Key Mystery Coffer from Undaunted Vendors

Note: Items marked with * means that you must already own the plain version of a shoulder piece to purchase
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 2, 2020 8:03PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how close was I?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go by myself. No one runs ahead. Everything dies. This year should be easier to find all the chests. Yay!

Same here, when you solo a group dungeon, there is no exit timer and you can spent all the time you want in there making sure you get all the chests and loot.
    :smile:

• DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to verify for any wondering, I just did Bolgrul’s delve quest on PS4 NA and you do NOT get event tickets.

So, you’re gonna have to do a dungeon and loot the final boss.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to verify for any wondering, I just did Bolgrul’s delve quest on PS4 NA and you do NOT get event tickets.

thank you.

on a plus side, looks like the only thing i want from the impresario and event in general is a berry, so going to buy that, max out my tickets to 12 and ignore the rest of the event. counting today, will take me 6 days to so that, or half of the event.

/sigh of relief. thanks ZoS, I guess for making this event much easier to mostly skip.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thank you.

on a plus side, looks like the only thing i want from the impresario and event in general is a berry, so going to buy that, max out my tickets to 12 and ignore the rest of the event. counting today, will take me 6 days to so that, or half of the event.

/sigh of relief. thanks ZoS, I guess for making this event much easier to mostly skip.

Looks like your theory that "things change all the time" didn't pan out this time @Linaleah. :|

Remember that ESO is an MMO ... where grouping with other players is encouraged.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 3, 2020 4:56PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thank you.

Looks like your theory that "things change all the time" didn't pan out this time @Linaleah. :|

Remember that ESO is an MMO ... where grouping with other players is encouraged.

why am I not surprised that you had to show up with I told you so. things DO change all the time. that this time it didn't change in a way that i hoped - doesn't change the fact that they STILl changed, Bogrul's daily was NOT a part of the event last year. for example.

and in any case - encourage =/= required. stop with that. and I still don't plan on grouping with anyone, because to oblivion with that. fungal grotto for 6 days and then I'm done with this nonsense.

edited to add, especially since it seems like group finder is STILL broken, judging by guild chat.
    Edited by Linaleah on December 3, 2020 5:11PM
    dirty worthless casual.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a purple box for doing a bolgrul quest. Can't say for tickets as I already got them from fg1.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So only 1 coffer per account per day for Bogrul's quest.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FG1 isn't the only solo-able group dungeon, y'know, if you want to change things up. Elden Hollow 1, Banished Cells 1, Wayrest 1, City of Ash 1, and volenfell are the ones I've solo'd so far that I remember off the top of my head and I am garbage at this game. I suspect that nearly any dungeon ending with a 1 can be done solo even without a particularly good build.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FG1 isn't the only solo-able group dungeon, y'know, if you want to change things up. Elden Hollow 1, Banished Cells 1, Wayrest 1, City of Ash 1, and volenfell are the ones I've solo'd so far that I remember off the top of my head and I am garbage at this game. I suspect that nearly any dungeon ending with a 1 can be done solo even without a particularly good build.

for whatever reason, Elden Hollow gives me more trouble then any of the rest mentioned combined. that said, at least fungal grotto with a skip is extremely short. the only other one that comes close to efficiency in my experience is Spindleclutch 1.
    personaly, I'm only doing these for tickets so I do not want to spend anymore time in them than absolutely strictly necessary.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoH1 is also fairly easy to solo.