The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

does completing Bolgrul’s daily Undaunted delve quest reward Event Tickets

delta_mystic
delta_mystic
✭✭✭
EARN NEW COLLECTIBLES & MORE DURING THE UNDAUNTED CELEBRATION

"Earn one Undaunted Reward Box a day from Bolgrul’s daily Undaunted delve quest."

Will daily Event Tickets be rewarded for delve bosses as well?
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall the delve bosses. I believe it's only from dungeons. Anyways, brace yourself for the upcoming Undaunted Event; if it will go smoothly, or will we have another "Oh crap.. here we go again" queuing bugfest.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah I asked that question in original "we are postponing event" thread and got no answer, but the way they are phrasing it - is very unclear.

dailies award boxes as time saving feature/for those who don't feel like they are ready for dungeons. so... does this mean they are alternative ticket source, or the phrasing is just usual ZoS being clear as mud?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • rnklippel
    rnklippel
    ✭✭✭
    Well, in the article they say "The first time you slay a final boss in a dungeon each day, you earn three Event Tickets". They don't mention other ways to earn tickets. Undaunted Reward Boxes and tickets are different things.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I read an announcement that said players who are crunched for time and can't do a dungeon run could do the daily delve instead? Or was that from last year's event? I mean, I just read this within the last week or so, so I assume it was for this year's event; but you know how forum necromancers are!
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I thought I read an announcement that said players who are crunched for time and can't do a dungeon run could do the daily delve instead? Or was that from last year's event? I mean, I just read this within the last week or so, so I assume it was for this year's event; but you know how forum necromancers are!

I.... don't know. I don't mess with this event at all. I read the announcement, but can't really remember what it said, sorry!
  • delta_mystic
    delta_mystic
    ✭✭✭

I thought I saw something like that too! But yeah the wording on the new announcement made me wonder. I looked at a link for the Jan 2020 UC announcement and Delves didn't count.🤔
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rnklippel wrote: »
    Well, in the article they say "The first time you slay a final boss in a dungeon each day, you earn three Event Tickets". They don't mention other ways to earn tickets. Undaunted Reward Boxes and tickets are different things.

^this
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay once upon a time you could do unduanted daily delve...that 4th quest giver for it. The last the iterations haven't followed this so answer highly likely no.

Just do fungal grotto 1 for time saving
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I assumed that it gives tickets, because when I read the new announcement it's definitely the same one I read earlier, but you all are correct that it doesn't explicitly say that you can earn tickets that way.

On the other hand, I think the implication seems to be that it gives tickets, since it mentions players who aren't sure if they're ready to tackle dungeons yet, which suggests they can still participate in the event that way, and receiving your daily tickets is an important part of the event.

The thing to do is complete Bolgrul's daily delve quest first, and see if the delve boss drops tickets in addition to the reward box. Then, if no tickets drop that way, do a dungeon to get them.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I assumed that it gives tickets, because when I read the new announcement it's definitely the same one I read earlier, but you all are correct that it doesn't explicitly say that you can earn tickets that way.

On the other hand, I think the implication seems to be that it gives tickets, since it mentions players who aren't sure if they're ready to tackle dungeons yet, which suggests they can still participate in the event that way, and receiving your daily tickets is an important part of the event.

The thing to do is complete Bolgrul's daily delve quest first, and see if the delve boss drops tickets in addition to the reward box. Then, if no tickets drop that way, do a dungeon to get them.

that was the part that confused me as well. why phrase it that way if it does NOT give tickets. say that its just an extra source of boxes instead. the implication in an announcement is that its an alternative, not an extra.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59207
    If you’re not sure that you’re ready to tackle dungeons (or perhaps don’t have the time), you can also earn one Undaunted Reward Box a day by completing Bolgrul’s daily Undaunted delve quest. You can find Bolgrul within any Undaunted Enclave.

I know it doesn't say tickets but why phrase it that way at all, right?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the last undaunted event Bogroll DID NOT give event tickets. I assume this will be the same. His quests do not involve dungeons and you get the tickets from the dungeon bosses not the pledges.

Do a random, do one solo, it doesn't matter, just get to the last boss of a dungeon and kill it and get your tickets
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    I don't recall the delve bosses. I believe it's only from dungeons. Anyways, brace yourself for the upcoming Undaunted Event; if it will go smoothly, or will we have another "Oh crap.. here we go again" queuing bugfest.

If it works the same way as the previous Undaunted event, you don't really need to queue to get daily drops, just running through Fungal Grotto on normal does the job. IIrc you only need to kill 2 bosses to clear it - goblin chief (killing him opens the door) and dreugh king so you can just run past everything else.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always thought that the tickets should be awarded through quest turn in for this event. I would put tickets in the rewards package for the first Undaunted quest per day per account. That way, anyone can participate. You can do the quest to join the Undaunted immediately after character creation.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    In the last undaunted event Bogroll DID NOT give event tickets. I assume this will be the same. His quests do not involve dungeons and you get the tickets from the dungeon bosses not the pledges.

Do a random, do one solo, it doesn't matter, just get to the last boss of a dungeon and kill it and get your tickets

if I remember correctly, he wasn't giving undaunted boxes either. or was he?
    dirty worthless casual.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it works the same way as the previous Undaunted event, you don't really need to queue to get daily drops, just running through Fungal Grotto on normal does the job. IIrc you only need to kill 2 bosses to clear it - goblin chief (killing him opens the door) and dreugh king so you can just run past everything else.

Yes, the busting through in FG1 just to get the last boss and avoid everything else race. Ha ha. Well, the purpose of the Undaunted Event is for doing the dungeons and not just for good ole Bolgrul's daily. Folks do other dungeons beside FG1 during the event, and as I recall just queuing straight into a dungeon with your group had issues as well as random queuing during last year's event. Weren't there 2 event sessions last year due to the first iteration didn't work at all?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the busting through in FG1 just to get the last boss and avoid everything else race. Ha ha. Well, the purpose of the Undaunted Event is for doing the dungeons and not just for good ole Bolgrul's daily. Folks do other dungeons beside FG1 during the event, and as I recall just queuing straight into a dungeon with your group had issues as well as random queuing during last year's event. Weren't there 2 event sessions last year due to the first iteration didn't work at all?

If you plan to do a dungeon with one or more other players-- even if they're friends or fellow guild members-- you'll want to make sure that everyone knows ahead of time whether or not skipping ahead is part of the plan, and if the plan is to play all the way through without skipping then the group leader needs to immediately boot any players who run ahead of the group.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you plan to do a dungeon with one or more other players-- even if they're friends or fellow guild members-- you'll want to make sure that everyone knows ahead of time whether or not skipping ahead is part of the plan, and if the plan is to play all the way through without skipping then the group leader needs to immediately boot any players who run ahead of the group.

Ahhh... that would be ideal when you pick your group with guildmates; however, not everyone plays by the rule. Also, not everyone plays with guildmates. Random queuing is still common, and you will get someone or two who are already busting through even as you and the others just enter in. I mean, I don't mind it; although I'm not the one to lead it. However, there are newer first time player to the dungeon that would probably like to complete all bosses in there. I'll go either way. Bust through or kill all things in there; doesn't matter to me.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go by myself. No one runs ahead. Everything dies. This year should be easier to find all the chests. Yay!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahhh... that would be ideal when you pick your group with guildmates; however, not everyone plays by the rule. Also, not everyone plays with guildmates. Random queuing is still common, and you will get someone or two who are already busting through even as you and the others just enter in. I mean, I don't mind it; although I'm not the one to lead it. However, there are newer first time player to the dungeon that would probably like to complete all bosses in there. I'll go either way. Bust through or kill all things in there; doesn't matter to me.

Yes, I actually meant with a pre-made group, as opposed to using the Group Finder. I should have worded that more clearly.

During last year's Undaunted event, I was able to complete FG1 on my PC EU main by walking up to the entrance and grouping with a random player who was also at the entrance and looking for someone to go in with. It turned out that he wanted to skip ahead and complete the dungeon as quickly as possible before going to work that morning. As soon as I realized what he was doing, I tried to disengage from the MOBs I was fighting so I could follow him. It me a little while to get free, and then I had a little trouble finding the right spot to climb out of the water, but fortunately I was able to rejoin him before he killed the final boss, so I got my tickets and my reward box. Then the remainder of the event was cancelled just a few hours into the first day because of the problems with the Group Finder.

When the event was brought back in January, I tried to solo FG1 on my PC EU main, as I was able to do on my PC NA main, but he couldn't cut it solo. So later that night, sometime before the daily rollover but with what should have been plenty of time to finish the entire dungeon (based on how long it took me to solo it on my PC NA main), I walked up to the entrance and posted in guild chat to see if anyone from one of the guilds I'm in wanted to do a run of FG1. I immediately got a response, and added the player to the group, but IIRC she was a healer and my PC EU main isn't much of a DD. Then I got another response from a player who said she'd be our DD, so I added her as well, and we walked in with our three-player group.

The healer said she'd never done FG1 before, and asked if we minded letting her do the quest and play all the way through. I'm pretty sure that was in group chat, not whispered directly to me. I said sure, and paced myself so I was alongside her-- but our DD took off like a rocket and ran ahead while we were still in the first room so the healer could grab the quest. When we made it into the next room, the DD had already cleared it. When we got to the door to the next part of the dungeon she was nowhere to be seen. Since neither the healer nor I were strong enough DDs to breeze through the rest of the dungeon, it took us several minutes (and then some) to kill all the MOBs and bosses that our DD had skipped, and by the time we reached the final boss it was long dead, our DD was nowhere to be seen, and neither the healer nor I had looting privileges for the boss's corpse, so we missed out on our tickets and reward box.

I messaged our DD-- who I think had left the group by then-- and she acted like she had no idea we wouldn't be able to loot the final boss's corpse due to the fact that she'd killed it long before we'd been able to reach it and land even a single blow. But it was still a little while before the daily rollover, so I posted another request in guild chat. I got a group invite, so I accepted it-- but when I saw the name of the group leader's character, I realized it was the same DD who'd just screwed the healer and me, so I left the group. By then it was too late to try FG1 again, thanks to the cooldown period, so I just gave up in utter disgust. And since my PC EU main wasn't yet good enough to solo a dungeon, I wrote off the entire event on PC EU because I was so pissed about what had happened. I was at least able to enjoy the event on PC NA, because my main was able to solo a few different dungeons, so I didn't need to rely on unpredictable DDs.

What made the whole thing so bad was that I was the group leader, and when I saw our DD race off like a rocket I knew in my gut that she was to skip ahead-- but I didn't tell her to stop and wait for us, I didn't tell her not to skip ahead, and I didn't boot her from the group as soon as I saw that she had, in fact, skipped ahead. So it was a failure on my part as group leader, not simply a failure on the DD's part as a member of a group. I mean, clearly she was capable of soloing FG1, since that's what she did while she was in our group-- so why even bother joining a group to "help" them, and then blatantly ignore the healer's request that we let her do the quest and do the complete dungeon? That's why I posted my comment-- to warn other players who find themselves in the position of group leader not to make the same mistakes that I did.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, there's not much fun in cheesing nFG1, but if someone just wants tickets and doesn't want to deal with other people or group finder, it is an option. It is very likely that it's gonna be bugged/overloaded again, after all.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind random dungeon finder. If I did a random for the XP and rewards and got FG1, id blow bye everything too.

Unless someone told me they actually wanted to take it slow.

So you'll get peeps doing undaunted + randoms
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 24, 2020 8:29PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »

However it give boxes, is states one, I assume this is one on each character unlike tickets and the glorious box who is one on account. If on character running the delve quest on alts can be an fast way to farm boxes although if in an farming group fungal 1 is faster mostly as you don't have to relog and then wait for boss to spawn.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"Earn one Undaunted Reward Box a day from Bolgrul’s daily Undaunted delve quest."

No. Or, more accurately, almost certainly not.
    They weren't last year, and the wording doesn't suggest they will this year, either. The wording also makes it sound like the chest you get from Bolgrul is not the one that would be certain to have an opal motif in it, either. I think those only come from killing the final boss in an instanced dungeon (like Fungal Grotto or Banished Cells, etc) for the first time in a day.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They weren't last year, and the wording doesn't suggest they will this year, either. The wording also makes it sound like the chest you get from Bolgrul is not the one that would be certain to have an opal motif in it, either. I think those only come from killing the final boss in an instanced dungeon (like Fungal Grotto or Banished Cells, etc) for the first time in a day.

and so I ask again... why then state that its for those who feel they are not ready to tackled the dungeons, or may not have the time for one? if bogrul's daily does not award most of the event rewards, then in what world does it ever save time?
    Edited by Linaleah on November 24, 2020 11:05PM
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

and so I ask again... why then state that its for those who feel they are not ready to tackled the dungeons, or may not have the time for one? if bogrul's daily does not award most of the event rewards, then in what world does it ever save time?

Because you aren't looking at the whole thing.
    When you defeat a dungeon’s final boss during this event, in addition to its regular rewards it also drops an Undaunted Reward Box. These celebrated containers can hold all kinds of useful and valuable loot, including Undaunted Keys, Undaunted Plunder (to sell for gold), motif pages, repair kits, transmute crystals, and more. If you’re not sure that you’re ready to tackle dungeons (or perhaps don’t have the time), you can also earn one Undaunted Reward Box a day by completing Bolgrul’s daily Undaunted delve quest. You can find Bolgrul within any Undaunted Enclave.

During the event period, the first time you complete a dungeon each day, you’ll receive a fancier, Glorious Undaunted Reward Box. This daily drop will include the same rewards as its less-famous cousin, but it’s also guaranteed to contain an Opal Weapon Style page for the following boss styles:

[etc etc until the bit at the end]

The first time you slay a final boss in a dungeon each day, you earn three Event Tickets (again don’t forget to loot your fallen foe).

If you kill the boss in a group dungeon (not public, the group ones), then you get a normal box in its loot. You can also get a normal box the first time you do a Bolgrul quest. However, the first group dungeon final boss you kill in a day will drop the deluxe fancy box and three tickets in its loot.

So at the start of a new day, kill the boss in a dungeon: 3 tix + fancy box. The next boss drops a normal box. As do all of the bosses that follow, until the next day rolls around. But you can also do a delve and get another normal box. The only difference with the box types is that the fancy box will have an opal style page in it, the normal boxes probably won't. But maybe they could. It's not guaranteed.

Solo'ing some of the early 1 dungeons (Banished Cells 1, Fungal Grotto 1, City of Ash 1, etc) isn't that hard. If you can do Maelstrom normal, you can solo an early group dungeon.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

Because you aren't looking at the whole thing.
    When you defeat a dungeon’s final boss during this event, in addition to its regular rewards it also drops an Undaunted Reward Box. These celebrated containers can hold all kinds of useful and valuable loot, including Undaunted Keys, Undaunted Plunder (to sell for gold), motif pages, repair kits, transmute crystals, and more. If you’re not sure that you’re ready to tackle dungeons (or perhaps don’t have the time), you can also earn one Undaunted Reward Box a day by completing Bolgrul’s daily Undaunted delve quest. You can find Bolgrul within any Undaunted Enclave.

During the event period, the first time you complete a dungeon each day, you’ll receive a fancier, Glorious Undaunted Reward Box. This daily drop will include the same rewards as its less-famous cousin, but it’s also guaranteed to contain an Opal Weapon Style page for the following boss styles:

[etc etc until the bit at the end]

The first time you slay a final boss in a dungeon each day, you earn three Event Tickets (again don’t forget to loot your fallen foe).

If you kill the boss in a group dungeon (not public, the group ones), then you get a normal box in its loot. You can also get a normal box the first time you do a Bolgrul quest. However, the first group dungeon final boss you kill in a day will drop the deluxe fancy box and three tickets in its loot.

So at the start of a new day, kill the boss in a dungeon: 3 tix + fancy box. The next boss drops a normal box. As do all of the bosses that follow, until the next day rolls around. But you can also do a delve and get another normal box. The only difference with the box types is that the fancy box will have an opal style page in it, the normal boxes probably won't. But maybe they could. It's not guaranteed.

Solo'ing some of the early 1 dungeons (Banished Cells 1, Fungal Grotto 1, City of Ash 1, etc) isn't that hard. If you can do Maelstrom normal, you can solo an early group dungeon.

i AM looking at the whole thing. I'm questioning why they are claiming that doing Bogrul's daily saves time in any way, or is an option for players who do not feel ready for dungeons, if it doesn't reward any of the primary daily rewards for the event.

so either way you look at it, that phrasing is terrible and i want them to clarify it. either change it to "its just another way to get basic boxes" or clarify if its another way to get tickets. not this mess that is the announcement right now.

P.S. I'm already planning on running fungal grotto 1 for tickets. unless Bogrul is an option. because just because I can solo FG1, doesn't mean I want to or that it takes me less time then doing Bogrul's dailies.
    Edited by Linaleah on November 25, 2020 3:16AM
    dirty worthless casual.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm planning on doing Bolgrul's daily first, to see what I get (or don't get).

Then I'll know for sure whether I'll need to do a dungeon each day.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The first time you slay a final boss in a dungeon each day, you earn three Event Tickets (again don’t forget to loot your fallen foe)."

Bogrul doesn't send you into a dungeon, so no, you are not going to get tickets by doing his quest. If you did, all you'd have to do is kill a random delve boss to get tickets.
    The Moot Councillor
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    "The first time you slay a final boss in a dungeon each day, you earn three Event Tickets (again don’t forget to loot your fallen foe)."

Bogrul doesn't send you into a dungeon, so no, you are not going to get tickets by doing his quest. If you did, all you'd have to do is kill a random delve boss to get tickets.

I don't really expect to get tickets this way, and I'd planned to just solo a dungeon each day. But since the question came up, I figure I'll test it just to be certain, yea or nay.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, there's not much fun in cheesing nFG1, but if someone just wants tickets and doesn't want to deal with other people or group finder, it is an option. It is very likely that it's gonna be bugged/overloaded again, after all.

Well, given the fiasco with Markarth release, you could be right on. I had unfortunately skipped last year's event altogether; even the second iteration.