The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Which in-game characters would you like to have as houseguests?

sheba021
sheba021
✭✭
Now that we are getting Prince Irnskar in November hopefully it will become a thing. So I'm curious which characters would you guys love to have as houseguests the most?
My wishlist atm is Naryu, Razum-dar, Rigurt the Brash, and someone from the House Ravenwatch, perhaps Gwendis.
And of course, Stuga. Who doesn't love Stuga?
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stuga.

"Do you know how long I've been waiting for you?? Where have you been??? Your dinner is cold."
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Araneae6537
      Araneae6537
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Daahin, the glorious bard in Rimmen! :heart:

Drel Trandel, stablemaster outside Vivec City :love:

I know there are other elves and khajiit I would love as guests but I will have to look that up... I am uncertain about more main characters as houseguests... Many of my favorites probably wouldn’t be able to leave their roles in the outside world, or at least not without it being a major event and involving retinues and servants, etc. ... I like Razum-dar and could imagine him dropping by, but it wouldn’t feel right if he had only generic lines after all we’ve been through together...
    • Gythral
      Gythral
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Stuga - as long as I can make a 'Halls of Torment' home too...
      Edited by Gythral on October 31, 2020 7:59AM
      “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
      Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
      Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    • Nairinhe
      Nairinhe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      +1 for Daahin!
      And Fennorian or Divayth
      Edit: And Tutor Riparius. Maybe with his demi-prince sidekick
      Edited by Nairinhe on October 31, 2020 8:23AM
    • Dusk_Coven
      Dusk_Coven
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Someone useful. Like a Chef or Brewer or new function like someone to get my Surveys or pick up my Hireling Mail and put them in the Crafting Bag automatically -- maybe they can start with all the Hirelings, according to which ones you have "unlocked" by progress in the Hireling letters.
    • Aptonoth
      Aptonoth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Rigurt, Naryu, Valaste from mages guild if you save her, Elfbetta the Shy, Sulahkeesh the retired shadowscale in murkmire.
    • Bucky_13
      Bucky_13
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The one which magically gives me twice the amount of slots for NPCs.

Or Nariyu.
    • ichsuisme
      ichsuisme
      ✭✭✭
      I want a “house guest slot“ similar to a character slot, but this would be something that I can place in a house then instantly design a house guest myself via the same character creator & outfit system already in game.

I have all these motifs and style pages already, let me use them some more — but don’t charge me crowns to then charge me gold; designing and redesigning would need to be free.

As far as voicing them goes, that’s not really a priority for me but I guess Zos could make template backgrounds with general lines.

With something like this we could copy the same motif styles of our other characters so that we could see them going about their lives in the houses we create, while we aren’t actually playing as them.

I don’t care about random antiquarians, guards, witches, or khajiit. It’s hard to naturally fit them into a house.
    • Streega
      Streega
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't like the houseguests the way they are now. I would rather prefer one of the NPCs we meet during the quests to randomly visit us, different one every time we enter the house. And maybe they could be zone-dependent, for example Naryu would visit us in Deshaan and Morrowind, Khamira in both parts of Elsweyr, Fennorian or Gabrielle in Skyrim... and so on. Of course you would need to finish corresponding quests to "unlock" the guests in the zone. The more quests you do, the bigger variety of guests.
      ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
      PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
      PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
      Member of "Guild Masters United"
      Master Angler
    • Ascarl
      Ascarl
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      M`aiq wonders how many houses he can visit.
    • Jaimeh
      Jaimeh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The crowd from maelstrom arena :D

It would be both nice and weird (in a lore sense) to have existing NPCs in our houses, but I wouldn't mind if any of my favourites popped by for a visit now and then.
    • Jaraal
      Jaraal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The Drake of Blades. Veiled version.
      RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    • stewhead2ub17_ESO
      stewhead2ub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Stibbons hands down!
    • ayu_fever
      ayu_fever
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      lyris titanborn ❤️
      PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
      BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
      Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
      —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
      Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
      Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
      Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
      Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
      Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
      Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
      Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
      Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
      Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
      Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
      Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
    • BXR_Lonestar
      BXR_Lonestar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Stuga, Evile Sharp Arrow, Riggurt, and Stibbons & Lady Laurant. All would be amazing lol
    • RaddlemanNumber7
      RaddlemanNumber7
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'd like to have a door that has Narsis Dren locked behind it. And one of those electrocution switches.
      PC EU
    • Vlad9425
      Vlad9425
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I want my own alt characters as houseguests. Imagine how awesome that would be!
    • Jeffrey530
      Jeffrey530
      ✭✭✭✭
      Eveli Sharp Arrow pls!
    • Araneae6537
      Araneae6537
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Streega wrote: »
      I don't like the houseguests the way they are now. I would rather prefer one of the NPCs we meet during the quests to randomly visit us, different one every time we enter the house. And maybe they could be zone-dependent, for example Naryu would visit us in Deshaan and Morrowind, Khamira in both parts of Elsweyr, Fennorian or Gabrielle in Skyrim... and so on. Of course you would need to finish corresponding quests to "unlock" the guests in the zone. The more quests you do, the bigger variety of guests.

I would not like this unless it were optional, and I would like it more if for each house it was both optional and, if we did enable it, could be tied to a specific one of our characters (as different houses I view as belonging to different characters). Then some houses I wouldn’t want this as all as I’ve set them up to be a different kind of place, tell a story, etc.
    • GrimTheReaper45
      GrimTheReaper45
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Named characters
      • Queen Ayreen (Just hire someone that sounds like kate beckinsale.... proxy queen (eye roll)
      • Raz
      • Vanus
      • Valaste (I really just feel bad at this point, its been 6 years and she still hasnt rested)
      • Quen (Hows she been, can she pick a lock in under 10 seconds now? )
      • Vanos siblings ( I love thier adventures)
      • Sotha sil ( He said he would very much like to talk again, Im waiting)
      • Eveli Sharp-Arrow
      • Telenger
      • Valsirenn (Shes not going well, she just stands by her daughters grave 24/7 and says the same things over and over. Needs to go on a vacation.)
      • Varuni Arvel
      • Kor and Hildegard
      • Gabrielle Benele (Was nice seeing her in solitude)
      • Faraniel (Honestly very underrated, pretty sure shes an option to pick during final assult? I went with cadwell because cadwell.... but she was one that I considered)
      • Cadwell, speaking of
      • Andewen

That is also the list of characters I would very much like to appear in new content for any zos employees reading this, very glad a few have been returning.

Generic houseguests I would like
      • Psijic mage
      • Mages guild scholar
      • Sapiarch scholar
      • Cwc Apostle
      • Guard in highelf heavy
      • Highelf Citizen in highelf light, color scheme like the ones in alinor crafting area would do well

• Hippie4927
      Hippie4927
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I would love to have Count Verandis, Gwendis, Valeric, and Fennorian. My house needs vampires to join my vampires.
      PC/NA/EP ✌️
    • TheImperfect
      TheImperfect
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Neramo and Raynor Vanos
    • barney2525
      barney2525
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Tharn

• Vevvev
      Vevvev
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Darian

Naryu

That one Bosmer lady who is an eye of the queen I can't quite remember.

Razum Dar

That one Moth Priest lady from the White Gold Tower dungeon.
      PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    • Raideen
      Raideen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      My alts.
    • erio
      erio
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      razar dum or whatever that cat is
    • Andre_Noir
      Andre_Noir
      ✭✭✭✭
      I don't like how guests looks now
      I like Valsirenn as a cool character. Also would be glad to meet Jakarn in my bedroom :D
    • Cireous
      Cireous
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Streega wrote: »
      I like the idea of random visits. I love the ":joy: WTF is happening right now" moments in Bethesda games. ESO is more of a sterile experience, lacking the environmental unpredictability that makes other games feel more alive.

• MaleAmazon
      MaleAmazon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Stuga, the Fighter´s Guild Messenger, Vanus Galerion, and The Prophet. Special surprise visit by the Oblivion Arena Fan.

Theme of the party: A murder mystery!

(I am going to go with myself, in the basement, with a sweetroll)
      Edited by MaleAmazon on November 1, 2020 8:12AM
    • Czekoludek
      Czekoludek
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I would love to have house guests as quest rewards, for example Sotha Sil for completing CC quest line, Queen Ayrenn for finishing dominion quest line etc. Or for 100% achievement from the DLC so ppl would have a reason to do side achievements too