The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO Intro No Audio / Audio OK rest of the game

peejaygee
peejaygee
Soul Shriven
Unsure if this should go into 'bugs' as it's not an important bug, but confusing to me. I've done a repair install to check, but I think that only checks game files.

The intro, the one with the bouncing box, the zenimax logo and the whoosh when you first start the game up, I've got no audio, get past that, login and the rest of the game have audio. Unsure what has happened?

Anybody give me any pointers?

Thanks and Regards.
PJ
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't be a thing in 2020 but maybe some library is missing on your PC. The intro is a bink video, so either a codec or some permissions issue.
  • Ei8htba11
    Ei8htba11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what the problem there is however if you're finding it annoying...

If you're on PC you can skip all the splash screens and go right to login. Find the UserSettings.txt:

C:\Users\[name]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live

Find the line:

SET SkipPregameVideos "0"

Change it to:

SET SkipPregameVideos "1"
  • peejaygee
    peejaygee
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys.

I'm thinking it might be a CODEC issue too, but rather than digging and then making something else break, I'll opt for the 2nd option and turn off the intro for now.

I usually do a system re-install every 12/18 months or so, so I reckon when I reinstall ESO after that OS re-install it will fix itself.

was just a little annoying, as I could hear what it's supposed to do it my head (or when the wife fires up her ESO) and I was missing out. lmao

Again, thanks guys.