The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Another Bewitching Month" Xbox Achievement Bugged

MRusso89
MRusso89
✭✭✭
Can anyone confirm if this timed achievement is bugged like the Stonethorn timed achievement was? I've done 3 Witch Writs during the event so far and the progress meter for the achievement still shows 0%
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 26, 2020 7:21PM
Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • Jaxwell
    Jaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    I've done 19 with no progress showing. I don't see any in game tracker either.
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully ZOS can address this before the event ends. I'm hoarding my writs until I hear something.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    MRusso89 wrote: »
    Hopefully ZOS can address this before the event ends. I'm hoarding my writs until I hear something.

Same here , saving writs til it gets fixed. I think I remember last year this was bugged for a while too, but they did eventually get it working before the end. I'm trying to earn the witch title on an alt this year. They never did fix the Stonethorn timed achievement.
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    @SerraKBella you're right. I think I remember this being broken last year too. I had to buy writs from guild traders to get the achievement after it was fixed. Cost a ton of gold.
  • Jaxwell
    Jaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    I logged a ticket under feedback/bug, xbox, gameplay. I noticed I had logged a similar ticket last year :neutral:
    Maybe next year I'll remember to wait a bit before starting those hard to come by writs :wink:
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup....Stonethorn was broken and never fixed and never addressed. Here is round 2. No word, no fix.
  • Skall66
    Skall66
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox EU here, done 31 writs to see if it was only a progress meter bug but no achievement pop
    Mudcrab magnet
    Xbox EU
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    @Skall66 I'm on Xbox NA, so I guess its an issue for both servers then. 🙄
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    The fact we’ve had 3 broken Xbox Achievements since Dragonhold.. now we have one broken that’s costly and limited-time...

Rest In Peace.

I really hope they fix this plus the other 3 (Savior of Elsweyr, Big Score, Wrothgar Adventurer) :/

(Xbox NA)
    Edited by KittyHazWares on October 31, 2020 3:12AM
    Xbox One NA
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    @Jaxwell did ZOS ever respond to your ticket? Still no word on this issue from them.
    Edited by MRusso89 on October 31, 2020 11:18AM
  • Jaxwell
    Jaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    MRusso89 wrote: »
    @Jaxwell did ZOS ever respond to your ticket? Still no word on this issue from them.

canned response:

"Question Subject: XBOX challenge: "Another Bewitching Month" is not unlocking or showing any progress as writs are completed.

Question Reference # 201024-007433

Date Created: 10/24/2020 07:47 PM
    Date Last Updated: 10/24/2020 07:47 PM

Message Log:
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 10/24/2020 07:47 PM
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team!

We greatly appreciate you bringing this potential bug to our attention. This information has been collected and will be passed on to our development team. You will not receive a further response to this ticket.

We encourage you check the Bug Reports section of the ESO Forums as well. The development team checks these regularly and it allows you to add video and screenshots more easily to help describe the issue you're experiencing.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Kind Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    Customer response on 10/24/2020 07:47 PM
    XBOX challenge: "Another Bewitching Month" is not unlocking or showing any progress as writs are completed."
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh 😬
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone at ZOS help with this? The event is almost over the achievement is still bugged!
  • oxHARMONxo
    It’s truly unfortunate that the challenges have continued to be an issue for this game. I had a suspicion this wouldn’t be obtainable based on last years blunder and last months first ever unobtainable challenge in ESO.

It’s highly unlikely at this point that this will be fixed in time, let alone any type of retroactive unlocks if patched. Just in case though, I did stock up on Writs. It’s worth noting, last year, if you completed the writs before the patch, you had to redo the writs on a new character.

Hopefully we can get an update in this issue. Last month, they were aware of the issue, yet here we are.
  • Skall66
    Skall66
    ✭✭✭
    I stock up writs too, but I'm not too confident that this achievement will ever work
    Mudcrab magnet
    Xbox EU
  • oxHARMONxo
    Any update???
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    @oxHARMONxo I haven't heard anything. Still holding onto my writs.
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    For everyone following this thread, the achievement appears to be fixed with the latest update. Just did one writ and now progress shows being 3% in the achievement.
  • oxHARMONxo
    Good news! Do we need new characters for this or does it not track in game achievement progress?
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't track in game. I crafted one as a test and backed out to the Xbox dashboard to see if it worked and it did. Sorry, I only really play one character, so I'm not sure if it affects other ones.
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    It worked today! I'm glad I saved 31 to do. I feel bad for everyone who did them already, because I don't think it will retro-count. You still have till the 14th to do them, I think. Good luck people.

Edit: I did it on a new character to get the title.
    Edited by SerraKBella on November 12, 2020 1:02AM
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It worked today! I'm glad I saved 31 to do. I feel bad for everyone who did them already, because I don't think it will retro-count. You still have till the 14th to do them, I think. Good luck people.

Edit: I did it on a new character to get the title.

Wait, wait, wait. Not retroactive???? Do they really expect people to do 31 writs in 3 days??? I'm sorry, but that's BS if it isn't retro. I did 31 because time was running out, and of course ZOS had nothing to say or any update whatsoever.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Please tell me this isn't ZOS' business practice of fixing the achievement, not telling anyone, and not making it retroactive for those who have already done it. You guys can't be that bad.