Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No Screenshots? Are you kidding me? #TamrielTogether

ClevaTreva
ClevaTreva
✭✭✭
This concerns the current 'Tamriel Together' Poster and Video contest.

Your rules state: ' Screenshots are not permitted as part of the design' yet you are permitting VIDEO of the game for entries. Video is simply a series of screenshots!

https://esossl-a.akamaihd.net/uploads/website/tamrieltogether/guildcontest/ESO Tamriel Together Guild Contest_Rules-EN.pdf

Our guild, and I suspect many others, would like to use screengrabs of their characters in various settings and this apparent oversight will mean that we cannot submit a design as the rules stand.

Please could you URGENTLY clarify your position on the rules. Surely we must be able to use elements of the game taken via screenshot?

• Rootmender_Inky
    Rootmender_Inky
    ✭✭✭
    At least give us the power to use OUR screenshots. How are we supposed to show people our guild if we can't even show ourselves?! Tremendous oversight by ZOS. Please give us an answer!
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the news discussion:
    Just to clear up a few questions:
    1. Only the platform/server of the submitter will be eligible for prizes. We, unfortunately, cannot give the prizes to sister guilds on different servers or platforms.
    2. No plain screenshots should be submitted. It should ultimately look like a poster, but if you use elements of a screenshot in your design that is okay.
    3. Only the submitter needs to be in an eligible country. The guild members do not.

You can't use plain screenshots but you can use parts of it.
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Rootmender_Inky
    Rootmender_Inky
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    From the news discussion:
    Just to clear up a few questions:
    1. Only the platform/server of the submitter will be eligible for prizes. We, unfortunately, cannot give the prizes to sister guilds on different servers or platforms.
    2. No plain screenshots should be submitted. It should ultimately look like a poster, but if you use elements of a screenshot in your design that is okay.
    3. Only the submitter needs to be in an eligible country. The guild members do not.

You can't use plain screenshots but you can use parts of it.

I actually missed that, so I erect the spine of thankfulness, Beeko.
  • ClevaTreva
    ClevaTreva
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent. I still feel the rules should be updated to clarify this, rather than relying on web/forum search. Some folk might not bother entering.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think ZOS doesn't want a plain copy+paste of screenshots:

"(...)Designs can be created using computer graphics, hand-drawn, painted, etc as long as the final product is unique(...)"
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The ONLY thing that REALLY bothers me, and many other players, is this:

"(...) All participants submitting entries must be (...) a legal resident of (i) one of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths (ii) Canada (iii), UK, France, Germany, Austria, Poland, Spain, Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Russia (iv) Australia, New Zealand or (v) Argentina, Mexico, Peru. (....)"

Tamriel Together... LOL
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said before on this post, the guild contest is nothing more than a glorified art project. If you are a small guild, you are at a disadvantage as you have a lower chance of having someone with artistic abilities in your guild. Ultimately if you don't have someone with artistic capabilities, or you aren't willing to pay someone to do it for you, you will likely not with. This contest has nothing to do with in game capabilities, or "togetherness". It is actually the complete opposite by trying to find single individuals with skills outside of the game. I really hope that if this is the continued trend of eso, to promote exterior skills for in game rewards.... the next contest should be based on engineering, or half ironman items. This is nothing more than yet another poorly designed event, done with minimal consideration towards the community. Perhaps the hashtag #tamrielArtists, or #soloTamriel is more appropriate.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/547959/guild-contest-is-actually-an-art-contest#latest
    Edited by Blacknight841 on October 22, 2020 8:18PM
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ONLY thing that REALLY bothers me, and many other players, is this:

"(...) All participants submitting entries must be (...) a legal resident of (i) one of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths (ii) Canada (iii), UK, France, Germany, Austria, Poland, Spain, Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Russia (iv) Australia, New Zealand or (v) Argentina, Mexico, Peru. (....)"

Tamriel Together... LOL

As mentioned before (and even before that, for every previous similar contest in many games from many companies), the game devs can't change the local laws, which may make it either impossible or cost-prohibitive, to run the contest in every country.