The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trading Dungeon and Trial Gear

TonyDemonLord
TonyDemonLord
✭✭✭
Would you like the ability to trade dungeon and trial gear?
Xbox NA

Trading Dungeon and Trial Gear 22 votes

Yes
31%
actoshBenevolentBowdGlaiceanaStinkyremyZulera301NevidyraMilo 7 votes
No
50%
Tannus15CaffeinatedMayhemkathandiraOlupajmibananankeorcolossalvoidsWyrd88ContaminatellBlack_HeartllNorqoTremuto 11 votes
Other, say in comment
18%
idkTaleof2CitiesNordic__KnightsThePedge 4 votes
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, say in comment
    Any reason why you've got this in the PTS forums, @TonyDemonLord, instead of General Discussion or Combat & Character Mechanics?

There's less than two weeks left of this PTS cycle ... no way ZOS will be able to push through this proposed change (even if it's approved).

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 19, 2020 8:58PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beyond what we have now - the ability to trade between group members?

No. If you want the gear, wait for the Golden or run the dungeon/trial.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe ... if they introduce a 3rd tier: perfected, non-perfected & 'tradeable' - the latter would give access to a reduced power version (but no idea if that could, would or should work). If you don't want or can't run the content for the extant sets then it would give you access but, since you're not running the content, you arguably would not need the perfected/non-perfected versions.

As @VaranisArano mentioned, there's already the golden vendor for dungeon sets.

edit: ...
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on October 19, 2020 10:39PM
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sure. It wouldn't eliminate people from doing the content—it would create a market for it. If people want to pay out the A for a burning spellweave staff I won't ever use, I see no reason not to invoke the good old fashioned capitalistic law of supply and demand.

It would also resolve an existing disparity where a Magicka set is overland while its stamina counterpart is in a dungeon (or vice versa).

Just my 2¢.
    Edited by Zulera301 on October 20, 2020 12:24PM
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    You get the same gear from normal dungeons / trials.
    They are the easiest thing ever. I'll take farming a dungeon set over farming for overland sets any day of the week.

And now, you only need to farm an item once. ONCE. How can it get any easier than that??
    Edited by Tannus15 on October 20, 2020 10:20PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, say in comment
    WE DO ALREADY SO THIS AN *** POLL INLESS YOU MEAN OUTSIDE THE GROUP YOU RUN IT WITH THEN ITS AN HELL NO PLAY THE DAMN GAME YOU WANT SOMETHING
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, say in comment
    Where is the answer that we already have this as we can already trade dungeon and trial gear? I can attest to the fact that we can as I have traded gear often since this feature was added. Zos added this feature a couple of years ago in a way that makes sense as we can trade it with anyone in our group when the gear dropped. It has worked very well.

Further, I agree with To2C by questioning why this was posted in the PTS section as it is completely irrelevant to this subforum. I expect Zos pretty much ignores threads in this subforum that have nothing to do with what is currently being tested.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Pretty sure he's talking about on guild traders.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings,

We are closing this thread as it is a duplicate to another thread found here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.