The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Transmute cost in Markarth patch

Husan
Husan
✭✭✭✭✭
The patch is just around the corner and we still haven't adressed this. Retraiting an item in a trasmute station costs 50 transmute stones, while making one out of the blue (assuming you have the full set collected) costs only 25. For "normal" sets you have to unlock about half of the items to make recreating cheaper than retraiting, but for mythics and arena weapons it only takes one single item to make the cost 25 transmutes. In my opinion making a new item should in no circumstance be cheaper than retraiting an already existing one. I have two suggestions to remedy this situation:
1. tie the retrait cost to the number of items from the set unlocked in the sticker book (in other words, make it cost the same as recreating the item)
2. make the retrait at a transmute station always cost 25 stones

edit: another possiblity is to also raise the cost of retraiting based on rarity of the item. For example green jewelry costs 25 to retrait, but golden quality jewelry costs 100 to retrait, balanced out by the gold cost of the materials to create golden jewelry.
Edited by Husan on October 19, 2020 11:04AM
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile at ZOS, they read that and someone said:

"He has a point. The cheapest we can make crafting a known set piece is going to have to be 50 stones."
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    In my opinion making a new item should in no circumstance be cheaper than retraiting an already existing one.
    Why?
    golden quality jewelry costs 100 to retrait, balanced out by the gold cost of the materials to create golden jewelry.
    That kinda contradicts your point, no?

In most cases it's either more crystals, or less crystals and mats and time to farm the full collection. Sort of balanced.

• Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, most cases (about 90% of the time I use the transmute station) is to change a trait on a set item of which I already have ATLEAST 5 pieces collected (you know, 5 pieces bonus and everything). And the vast majority of the cases is just changing the trait of the weapon, which, as I've already explained for maelstrom arena weapons as an example it would cost me less to just recreate the weapon - something I just don't understand. That's why.

The last point was adding a possiblity anticipating a response countering my point, just being open to other ideas, that's all.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only way for an fix here is to make trait change be 25 no matter how much of the set you got so as to keep players playing but at the same time not making cost go up to an high amount for over looking the normal cost that has been in place with old system and as the say out with the old and in with the new so change needs made to the old for the new coming easy fix and everyone's happy come patch day
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, re-traiting could be more expensive than creating a new item via reconstructing. So just do that. But if you wanna change an item in use re-traiting can save you from re-enchanting so maybe the increased cost is reasonable.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or just leave it as is. Some of us want to have nice things ^^
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Or just leave it as is. Some of us want to have nice things ^^

Agreed. Recreating an item is totally different from transmuting a trait on an existing item. We can either choose to recreate an item at its base grade and then spend upgrade mats to get it to the grade you want it to be, or you can choose to just change the trait on an existing item you have. You can base your decision on which way costs the least in stones and/or materials.
    Edited by Elvenheart on October 19, 2020 4:00PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recreating from scratch generally requires gold upgrade materials to get back to top tier. If I already have a gold quality item, especially a jewelry piece, I would much rather pay 50 to change the trait than spend 500k to upgrade it again.

Depending on how you value transmutes, this also applies to cloth, metal and wood. Also remember that transmutes will be a bit easier to get next update so it will be more than just pvp'ers that can acquire them in reasonable quantities.

The one situation that still feels a bit off are mythic items as they are always reconstructed at max quality with no upgrade mat cost and always for 25 transmutes. I suppose it is somewhat balanced due to the inability to recover those transmutes via deconstruction later but it still feels like players are skipping a step because the item happens to be mythic.
    Edited by redspecter23 on October 19, 2020 4:07PM
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear it's just impossible to have some QoL in MMOs... If it's not developers making a hell of a grind, it's the players whinning about easy and cheap options :confounded:

Leave this thing as it is please. If you took the time or effort to grind for a whole set then you deserve the cheaper cost. Some simple, straightforward logic.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear it's just impossible to have some QoL in MMOs... If it's not developers making a hell of a grind, it's the players whinning about easy and cheap options :confounded:

Leave this thing as it is please. If you took the time or effort to grind for a whole set then you deserve the cheaper cost. Some simple, straightforward logic.
    1. tie the retrait cost to the number of items from the set unlocked in the sticker book (in other words, make it cost the same as recreating the item)
    2. make the retrait at a transmute station always cost 25 stones

What? Am I going mad here? I'm literally for the same things you are! easy+cheap. Retraiting in my eyes is EASIER than recreating, that's why I'm asking to make it CHEAPER. Also included the "simple, straightforward logic" of reducing the costs if you take the effort of collecting more pieces.

• Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arena weapons it only takes one single item to make the cost 25 transmutes.

Not realy:
    Bows - 1
    Restro Staff - 1
    Dual Wield - 4
    2 Handed - 3
    Destro Staff - 3
    1H+Shield - 5

Besides that the price of 25 is completely OK. For Set items you have to collect alot of staff (7 Items from the first bosses and 15 from the last) to get to this cost so you will not get this quickly. Its a reward for collecting.

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »
    arena weapons it only takes one single item to make the cost 25 transmutes.

Not realy:
    Bows - 1
    Restro Staff - 1
    Dual Wield - 4
    2 Handed - 3
    Destro Staff - 3
    1H+Shield - 5

Besides that the price of 25 is completely OK. For Set items you have to collect alot of staff (7 Items from the first bosses and 15 from the last) to get to this cost so you will not get this quickly. Its a reward for collecting.

And I doubt many people will recreate jewelery either, it's still going to be easier to get it purple/gold and retrait.
  • Ancalag
    Ancalag
    ✭✭
    In fact the only way reconstruction is a real improvement from before is for weapons, because it's a pain to farm.

For armors, the cost of gold materials and glyph equal the time farming and transmute.

Jewels stay way more easier to farm because of their cost.

If you want to balanced it, then no purple/gold mats needed and up the transmute stone price for reconstruction : 25 for blue gear, 50 for purple and 75 or 100 if you want a gold version.
    Add a quality tracker to not be able to create gold stuff if you didn't get it before.
    No transmute stone return when decraft reconstruct item if you think it's not enough expensive.
    Edited by Ancalag on October 20, 2020 3:03AM