The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vampires, How are you making out?

• Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daemonai wrote: »
    Vampire is no longer a 2-stage stat-pad and many people have had trouble adjusting to that new reality as that is all vampire has been for a very long time. For me, I love the changes. The Unnatural Movement passive alone makes the changes worth to me. Vampire as a standalone "class" is much more realized than it was in the past, though there are still shortcomings that need to be addressed.

It is obvious that the intent of the devs with the redesign was to shift Vampire away from a mandatory pick to maximize magicka/stamina regen to an option that players choose because they want to play as a Vampire, the same way how players typically choose to become Werewolves because they want to play as a Werewolf and not because of the strong passives.

Vampire as a whole sits somewhere in the middle; Vampire is neither the best at what it does nor the worst. It's not BiS for anything. And that's alright. Being BiS would just hasten the journey to being nerfed. What vampire does offer is a unique playing experience that allows for some novel builds and good rp potential. And that's probably the best we could hope for.

But what about the people who have issue with vampire's design? And not because they want free stats? As from my understanding that is what everyone complains about. Nobody here is complaining about not getting free stats.

The problem again is that people don't want to acknowledge that we've been complaining about the lack of engagement with the line and the inconsistent identity of the line. Which again, I've been on other platforms talking about this from the start and the general consensus is that most who truly enjoy the line are using more niche builds rather than what was intended, which was during the reveal that this was to be a more 'visceral approach' to the line. There's nothing intuitive about niche builds, nor the line in of itself with the issues described in the literal dozens of threads I've participated in along with the others you @'d along with others who are unable to post anymore, but their feedback is still laying around here somewhere.

But as it stands, I don't see them compromising or changing much, which is why this thread's more about asking what we're doing about it instead of shouting into the Void. I do agree, the whole thing can be much better, but this probably would be better suited in the other thread. If the person you're quoting wants to believe in the lie they're projecting, that's on them. However anyone who's actually reading the threads can tell that it's just that--a lie.
    Edited by Sephyr on October 17, 2020 10:23AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very carefully.

• Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JMadFour wrote: »
    Daemonai wrote: »
    Vampire is no longer a 2-stage stat-pad and many people have had trouble adjusting to that new reality as that is all vampire has been for a very long time. For me, I love the changes. The Unnatural Movement passive alone makes the changes worth to me. Vampire as a standalone "class" is much more realized than it was in the past, though there are still shortcomings that need to be addressed.

It is obvious that the intent of the devs with the redesign was to shift Vampire away from a mandatory pick to maximize magicka/stamina regen to an option that players choose because they want to play as a Vampire, the same way how players typically choose to become Werewolves because they want to play as a Werewolf and not because of the strong passives.

Vampire as a whole sits somewhere in the middle; Vampire is neither the best at what it does nor the worst. It's not BiS for anything. And that's alright. Being BiS would just hasten the journey to being nerfed. What vampire does offer is a unique playing experience that allows for some novel builds and good rp potential. And that's probably the best we could hope for.

Ok but I am not talking about the Greymoor redesign. I am already past that and I have been a Vampire main for the whole of Greymoor. I know these things. I am not asking about or discussing them.

I am talking about the MOST RECENT changes to Vampire. Mainly being unhealable when casting BfB. None of those changes have anything to do with the angle you are taking here.

There is quite a lot of middle ground between “Best in Slot” and “not allowed in groups.” I an asking where the current, October 2020 unhealable Vampire sits on that scale.

The first part is trying to find a guild that still allows vampires to participate in their content. Most should, I've been doing vet trial hardmodes in a new guild with it and while I struggle with vampirism, it's doable. It's just a massive pain to do that with. Vet DLC Dungeons/HMs are similar, voice chat REALLY helps with that as well as people who aren't super sensitive over the fact that you might die if you step into fire.

Mist Form is pretty much my bread and butter in terms of defense though, and this is probably why I was still 'benched', because the healers 'couldn't heal me'. Specifically Blood Mist (because I can heal myself). I don't use Blood for Blood anymore due to that, I just... I really don't see a reason to until Markarth comes out with The Ring of the Pale Order--that might alleviate the issue of heals there since you can't get healed from allies (which is totally an unrealistic nerf if you ask me).

The other thing is that Blood Mist allows me to kind of circumvent a lot of boss mechanics, including hardmode mechanics (aside from the 'find the real thing!' mechanic from RoM and Maarselok). Some one-shots still punch through, but I've been able to keep alive with most of them so mileage varies and it's a big experiment to mess with in regards to what fits you best for your playstyle. It's also really nice to weave into your abilities for that extra spell damage.

I'd say this is a topic that we also may want to revisit after Markarth releases and goes live--especially since the fate of that mythic ring coming with it is pretty much still undecided since people are still calling for nerfs despite vampires practically needing that ring if they want to use Blood for Blood. Also note; I'm speaking more on a PvE magicka generalized perspective rather than just singling out a class because not everyone plays the same class.

The smaller bits would be (some we all know, others is definitely for those new or who don't know);
    • Slot the best class self heal you can.
    • Use Arterial Burst if you have to use the spammable, at least until Ring of the Pale Order is finalized and out.
    • Mist Form is pretty clutch with mechanics, it's saved several group instances of wiping. Even though it's clunky, it's pretty staple for defense. The choice of morph is ultimately up to you and what gameplay you most experience--I just prefer the heal of Blood Mist.
    • Mesmerize/Hypnosis is really good for trash adds when you need to get away since they're looking at you anyways.
    • Always keep both types of Bloody Mara on you at all times.
    • Coldharbour/Cyrodiil are both exempt from the Justice System if you can't find Bloody Mara and are Stage 4, so get your upgrades there if you can.
    • Blood Scion>Swarming Scion tends to be the superior morph in general, be ready for around two seconds of stun as you transform so plan accordingly.
    • If you're able to use Frenzy/Fury, more power to you. Despite it's issues, it does have a good source of burst if you're able to make it work (especially with bomb builds).
    • If your playstyle has a hard time generating Ult, Exhilarating Drain can be useful for that if you back off your target and make sure you don't get stunned/interrupted.
    • Weave Mist Form if you're Stage 2 and above for the extra spell/weapon damage. Works best right after a potion is popped.

If I can remember any others, I'll come back and edit and add to the list.
    Edited by Sephyr on October 17, 2020 10:11AM
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resigned myself to the fact that any feedback provided by the player base is roundly ignored. On that basis cured all my Vamps. Now logging in just to do daily crafting on one character.

Having been involved in early access testing on another products that have just gone into early access it really exposes the difference between ZOS and other companies in respect of feedback and constructive responses to issues.

Really getting the feeling that, once my sub expires Il be taking a break for 12 months, as nothing in the datamined content for next year gives me any incentive to stay, that combined with other software releases this quarter means I really have no incentive to keep logging in.

Its not just vampire, but that's just the proverbial hair that broke the camels back.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are Vampires not at all viable and shunned in groups, as I feared they would be?

Or was my fear overstated?

They are absolutely not viable at all and still shunned in group play. Their only play style is solo ganking in PvP and doing Overland content.

While I do primarily use my stage 2 vamp mNB to bomb or gank, I also get in quite a few regular fights and getting 300SD by hitting cloak every 6 seconds is very helpful in those as well.
  • ParaViking
    ParaViking
    ✭✭✭
    It has been hard... I am stubborn and have not cured a single toon. ZOS in one swoop made all my toons basically useless. I have tried most every vampire build out there (Nightblade & Necromancer), and really not had much fun playing them. I have spent Millions in gold and used massive amounts of recourses trying to make it work but failed to create something truly viable (Stage 4).

I am useless and shunted from group content in PVE. In Cyrodiil I can't really compete anymore in a stand up fight. Being able to make it work in end game content is really hard and a long way from making it really viable. It is not!.. Curing vampirisms is probably the right move if you like playing the game. Unfortunately I an just too stubborn for that...

What ever happened to playing the way you want to..?

Adding insult to injury is that ZOS does not seem to care the the messed up the game for many of its players and fans.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ImSoPro wrote: »
    Don’t forget the snipers trying to sheer venom me to death before I can get to them cause they fear for their lives. Silly rabbits. Purge purge purge heal, HERES JOHNNY

LOL! Yes, I had someone try to do that to me to, but as a magDK without much of a purge I instead popped Coagulating Blood, activated Elusive Mist, and went straight for them. Never saw a Nightblade spam Snipe so fast while back pedaling before in my life.
    Sephyr wrote: »
    The smaller bits would be (some we all know, others is definitely for those new or who don't know);
    • Use Arterial Burst if you have to use the spammable, at least until Ring of the Pale Order is finalized and out.
    • Mist Form is pretty clutch with mechanics, it's saved several group instances of wiping. Even though it's clunky, it's pretty staple for defense. The choice of morph is ultimately up to you and what gameplay you most experience--I just prefer the heal of Blood Mist.
    • Mesmerize/Hypnosis is really good for trash adds when you need to get away since they're looking at you anyways.
    • Coldharbour/Cyrodiil are both exempt from the Justice System if you can't find Bloody Mara and are Stage 4, so get your upgrades there if you can.
    • Blood Scion>Swarming Scion tends to be the superior morph in general, be ready for around two seconds of stun as you transform so plan accordingly.
    • If you're able to use Frenzy/Fury, more power to you. Despite it's issues, it does have a good source of burst if you're able to make it work (especially with bomb builds).
    • If your playstyle has a hard time generating Ult, Exhilarating Drain can be useful for that if you back off your target and make sure you don't get stunned/interrupted.
    • Weave Mist Form if you're Stage 2 and above for the extra spell/weapon damage. Works best right after a potion is popped.

Also this list pretty much exactly what I'm doing... except for the ult gain via drain part. Can't justify the downtime to double my ult generation sadly :disappointed:

Also I use the Stupefy morph on Mesmerize because as a magDK I have Fossilize and the only way for a stun to be worthwhile in comparison is for the stun to do more than just stun. I've also run into issues where the trash adds will turn 180 degrees around for a split second before turning back to face you as they move around. When this happens it wastes the Mesmerize stun which is.... as you can guess.... infuriating.

Also Stupefy is amazing against ball groups in Cyrodiil. When they're in CQC and rounding a corner if you're in the correct position you can stun them all in a single cast giving your allies enough time to catch up and end them. I managed to do that once and it saved Glademist from the Ebonheart Pact.
    Edited by Vevvev on October 17, 2020 3:58PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • ParaViking
    ParaViking
    ✭✭✭
    ParaViking wrote: »
    It has been hard... I am stubborn and have not cured a single toon. ZOS in one swoop made all my toons basically useless. I have tried most every vampire build out there (Nightblade & Necromancer), and really not had much fun playing them. I have spent Millions in gold and used massive amounts of recourses trying to make it work but failed to create something truly viable (Stage 4).

I am useless and shunted from group content in PVE. In Cyrodiil I can't really compete anymore in a stand up fight. Being able to make it work in end game content is really hard and a long way from making it really viable. It is not!.. Curing vampirisms is probably the right move if you like playing the game. Unfortunately I an just too stubborn for that...

What ever happened to playing the way you want to..?

Adding insult to injury is that ZOS does not seem to care the the messed up the game for many of its players and fans.

Additionally, the end result was that I canceled my membership... Playing less and less over time. Not much reason to login anymore. I will not buy anymore Chapters or DLCs... ZOS does not seem to want me a customer. Really sucks!
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a Vampire in TES, always a Vampire.
    Despite the ridiculous and nonsensical changes to the condition, I remain a steadfast vampire on all my characters.
    The only changes I've made for practicality sake are:
    • Stage 4 for Overland Content, Surveys, and Farming (Unnatural Movement is pure gold)
    • Stage 3 for Healing and Tanking (undeath passive)
    • Stage 1 for DPS (ability cost increase is just not worth it)

The rest is just business as usual for my Magblade main, and I will continually flip ZOS off with my undead middle finger due to their handling of my unliving species.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How am I making out?

[snip]

More seriously, over all I like the updated Vampirism system far more than the previous iteration. There is now a fully developed and functioning skill tree.

Are there issues? Hellz yeah, but as Ive discussed in other threads, these really are not as bad as the doom sayers make out. Vampirism now requires you to build specifically for Vampirism and actually use the vampire skills, in a way that just wasnt the case before. This is positive.

One issue clearly is that to fully benefit from Vampirisms power, the skill cap is quite high and it can be quite situational, which is not ideal. Neither appeals to the average casual gamer unless RPing. But then, that was kinda part of the idea, make folk have to actually invest in and play in the new Vampire style, or dont be a vampire.

[Edited to remove Inappropriate Content]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on October 17, 2020 6:12PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    It's better to play the game yourself and make up your own mind.

Folks play the game for many different reasons and are going to have a different experience with it. For my part, I've definitely had a *better* experience with my vampire character after the rework,

that is exactly my experience as well as all my guild and friends are saying the same thing.
    we Love the new changes that zenimax has made this year to vampire, we would never want to go back to the way vampire was since launch was terrible.
    this new vampire changes have made me and my friends love vampire more than ever before.
    i hope they keep these changes.
    Edited by Gilvoth on October 17, 2020 5:10PM
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

Folks play the game for many different reasons and are going to have a different experience with it. For my part, I've definitely had a *better* experience with my vampire character after the rework, but it really does depend on what/how you play and how creative you are.

that is exactly my experience as well as all my guild and friends are saying the same thing.
    we Love the new changes that zenimax has made this year to vampire, we would never want to go back to the way vampire was since launch was terrible.
    this new vampire changes have made me and my friends love vampire more than ever before.
    i hope they keep these changes.

We hate these changes, my friends and I hate vampire more than ever. However, we don't want to go back to old vampire either. i don't think anybody wants to go back to the old vampire. We just want the current iteration to be improved.

All of my 5 guilds I am in and close IRL friends that play the game despise these changes. Along with a good portion of people on the forums as displayed by this thread and many others.

I am glad some few and far between people like it though, but just like not everyone hates the skill line; not everyone loves it either. (: It just so happens there are an alarming number of people that don't like the skill line's design.
    Edited by Vayln_Ninetails on October 17, 2020 5:28PM
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently have 5 vampires: 1 dunmer magden,1 high-elf magsorc, 1 argonian magplar 1 argonian magblade, 1 Breton magcro.

Of those, the nb is probably the most vampire orientated: it is based on the Bloodlust build of Alcast, I solo PvE with it and enjoyed it quite a bit
    CyrodiilNoCP PvP is a preference, My argonian templar is a healer and mostly does business on the frontline, Elusive Mist, which has become toggable (nice!) has saved his tail a load of times.

Other characters have been PvP / PvE oriented off and on. And have varying vampire & normal skills, depending on the content. I haven't been in a vet dungeon since the new changes. Dragons and Harrowstorms in small groups are fine, Most WB's they can solo.

I've adjusted some chars, cured 1 (stamsorc) and still enjoy my chars as before, so it doesn't feel like a setback. I -am - greatful that there are ESO content-makers out there willing to share their knowledge and give you ideas where there were seemingly none.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play vampire because I like it for role play I play one in every elder scrolls. They are definitely not viable though it will only cripple your build.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s not easy to make out as a vampire, the fangs tend to get in the way :wink:
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Also this list pretty much exactly what I'm doing... except for the ult gain via drain part. Can't justify the downtime to double my ult generation sadly :disappointed:

Also I use the Stupefy morph on Mesmerize because as a magDK I have Fossilize and the only way for a stun to be worthwhile in comparison is for the stun to do more than just stun. I've also run into issues where the trash adds will turn 180 degrees around for a split second before turning back to face you as they move around. When this happens it wastes the Mesmerize stun which is.... as you can guess.... infuriating.

Also Stupefy is amazing against ball groups in Cyrodiil. When they're in CQC and rounding a corner if you're in the correct position you can stun them all in a single cast giving your allies enough time to catch up and end them. I managed to do that once and it saved Glademist from the Ebonheart Pact.

Yeah, that Drain ability just could've been so much better. I'd have made it similar to Mend Wounds. Light attack would have an offensive blood ball that'd just DPS, where as the actual heavy attack would actually be the drain part that way it'd be more engaging at least. However with the Ult morph, I recommend it for those that struggle with building ultimate in general--especially given the class nuance (some building ult better than others).

For PvP, I definitely swap over to Stupefy. Lately I do that in spurts, at least until performance is better. I do encounter that 180 thing a bit though. I don't know if it's some kind of latency thing or if they're just derpy (most likely the latter), but when that happens, I just throw on Blood Mist and wait to try again if I haven't already burned them down (I'm upwards of 32k with trashy sets, probably more if I get the hang of Fury).

I also can imagine that. I've seen you out there a few times! You've made me want to make a MagDK Blueberry on a number of occasions. :D SADLY... I'm addicted to Necromancers and Nightblades. Which the latter is somehow more vampiric than actual vampirism.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that Drain ability just could've been so much better. I'd have made it similar to Mend Wounds. Light attack would have an offensive blood ball that'd just DPS, where as the actual heavy attack would actually be the drain part that way it'd be more engaging at least.

That sounds like something I'd use... maybe make it apply major lifesteal after channeling the heavy attack on a target for like 3 seconds (Similar to Warden's 3 second till they stun something on Arctic Blast) and it could be a healer's tool.
    I also can imagine that. I've seen you out there a few times! You've made me want to make a MagDK Blueberry on a number of occasions. :D SADLY... I'm addicted to Necromancers and Nightblades. Which the latter is somehow more vampiric than actual vampirism.

Well Nightblade has a ranged offensive skill that heals. Its what people like myself wanted the vampire spammable to be! :p

Also the fact they have a buff that makes all light attacks siphon health.... and a few other things like that.... Their whole siphoning skill line is what I wanted vampire to be r.i.p.
    https://eso-skillbook.com/skillline/siphoning
    Edited by Vevvev on October 17, 2020 7:42PM
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My vamp magden was my all time favorite toon. I ended up curing her but it is just not the same. It really sucks that there have been no new classes to interest me. I really wish that I had not purchased another year of Plus. As it is I no longer play except for signing in to get my dailies and for festivals.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's bad. I was in a group that unanimously voted to kick a Vampire Tank in Castle Thorne Their OWN Content! Bc they were roleplaying vampire basically 3 + a solo Vampire. Who would taunt and kite bosses in a circle and stay in Mist form so they couldn't be healed. I love the idea of vampirism and the new skills they've added but the passives have been a detriment to their applicability to ANY group content.

I still have 3 vampires but they stay at stage 1 and are really only ever used for events. I'm hoping they will undo the Cuts to Health Regen and the increased skill cost to class skills bc it's just ridiculous and disgusting and makes me irate the more I continue to read. This is unquestionably the worst thing they have ever done in the game for me personally.

**** Stage 1 Debuffs!
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, I'm done with my temper tantrum over the Vampire Changes lol. Played some other MMOs, and felt the urge to come back to this one. The other MMos available to me on Xbox just aren't quite as good, OVERALL. Downloading the game again.

I'm curious as to how anyone who did not cure their Vampires and are still actively playing them are making do with the wholly unpopular changes.

Also, were there any other tweaks to Vampires as a whole since the BfB changes?

I mostly play as a tank and I haven't cured my Vampirism and still consider it wholly superior to the Vampire state before Greymoor.

The new system allows me to stay at stage 1 while still making regular use of Vampire Abilities - which means I don't have to worry about taking excessive fire damage or having my health recovery disabled. The +3% ability cost is negligible and easily dealt with.

Why do I like it? The Vampire's Mist abilities are great defensive/mobility moves that allow me to move around at will without having to worry about being stunned or snared. This can be very handy when tanking because it often requires you to move around quickly while enemies are actively trying to stun and snare you. So being able to become immune to those types of effects while moving can help a lot.

I also like drain - since it gives all classes access to a health-based heal.

I also like Hypnosis - which is a very cheap stun. It's usefulness is situational like all stuns - but as an example it's great for stunning those incoming ghosts in Harrowstorms.

Now I rarely play as a DPS so I'm no expert at it. So that may be part of the reasons I haven't found much use for Blood Frenzy or Eviscerate. In my opinion these abilities are too difficult to use effectively after the nerfs (they were good before the nerfs in my opinion - especially Blood Frenzy which was pretty awesome). But after the nerfs I don't care for them. But as I say - I'm not an expert at DPSing. So a more experienced damage dealer may can make better use of them.

This is about as detailed and balanced a post I know how to make. And I make it just to give you another perspective so you don't think everyone who plays this game hates the new Vampire and has gotten rid of it. Because I haven't and still consider it a step forward for the skill line.

Now to add my customary ending to all posts relating to the Vampire (because often times others take it personal on here when ever I dare to say anything good about the Vampire) to those who disagree with me please don't bother quoting this post. This is the one and only post I am going to make in this thread. This board is very strict and not conducive for heated debates and my experience has taught me that when ever I enter into a vampire debate it rarely ends well for those involved. So please respect my very reasonable request here and just let my post stand alone as me simply giving my perspective and answer to the OP. Those who disagree with me and wish to make counter arguments can do so without referencing me. It won't hurt your point to leave me out of it I promise you. ^^
    Edited by Jeremy on October 17, 2020 9:25PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Folks play the game for many different reasons and are going to have a different experience with it. For my part, I've definitely had a *better* experience with my vampire character after the rework, but it really does depend on what/how you play and how creative you are.

I'm not a new player.

I'm not talking about the initial Greymoor revamp. I am asking about the most recent changes where they made Vampires unhealable for 5 seconds after using their spammable, among other things.

You are saying you have had a BETTER experience after that change, as a Vampire?

I honestly couldn't say - I haven't been playing ESO as much in general and didn't play that character immediately after the rework. I went from playing him through the Q1 DLC dungeons to playing him during the recent Greymoor event. I have no direct experience of the more incremental changes that happened in between all that, though as a general rule, stuff like that doesn't really phase me. I adapt. This isn't to say I like everything about the rework. There are definitely some things I would change but overall being a vampire is a more dynamic and interesting experience gameplay-wise which is probably what they were going for.

As far as the inability to be healed by other players for 5 seconds? Didn't bother met at all on that character - he has plenty of self-healing and doesn't need external support if I'm minding my tactics. Keep in mind the content I care about doing with this character is soloing world bosses and occasional normal dungeons. Considering he's a magicka-DK who doesn't use a staff, that I make it work as well as it does is pretty awesome I think. The vampire rework helped him a lot because it gave him a health-based damage spammable and that takes pressure of his magicka pool. One's mileage will vary but for more creative characters out there it has interesting utility.

• Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Alright, I'm done with my temper tantrum over the Vampire Changes lol. Played some other MMOs, and felt the urge to come back to this one. The other MMos available to me on Xbox just aren't quite as good, OVERALL. Downloading the game again.

I'm curious as to how anyone who did not cure their Vampires and are still actively playing them are making do with the wholly unpopular changes.

I mostly play as a tank and I haven't cured my Vampirism and still consider it wholly superior to the Vampire state before Greymoor.

The new system allows me to stay at stage 1 while still making regular use of Vampire Abilities - which means I don't have to worry about taking excessive fire damage or having my health recovery disabled. The +3% ability cost is negligible and easily dealt with.

Why do I like it? The Vampire's Mist abilities are great defensive/mobility moves that allow me to move around at will without having to worry about being stunned or snared. This can be very handy when tanking because it often requires you to move around quickly while enemies are actively trying to stun and snare you. So being able to become immune to those types of effects while moving can help a lot.

I also like Hypnosis - which is a very cheap stun. It's usefulness is situational like all stuns - but as an example it's great for stunning those incoming ghosts in Harrowstorms.

Now I rarely play as a DPS so I'm no expert at it. So that may be part of the reasons I haven't found much use for Blood Frenzy or Eviscerate. In my opinion these abilities are too difficult to use effectively after the nerfs (they were good before the nerfs in my opinion - especially Blood Frenzy which was pretty awesome). But after the nerfs I don't care for them. But as I say - I'm not an expert at DPSing. So a more experienced damage dealer may can make better use of them.

This is about as detailed and balanced a post I know how to make. And I make it just to give you another perspective so you don't think everyone who plays this game hates the new Vampire and has gotten rid of it. Because I haven't and still consider it a step forward for the skill line.

Now to add my customary ending to all posts relating to the Vampire (because often times others take it personal on here when ever I dare to say anything good about the Vampire) to those who disagree with me please don't bother quoting this post. This is the one and only post I am going to make in this thread. This board is very strict and not conducive for heated debates and my experience has taught me that when ever I enter into a vampire debate it rarely ends well for those involved. So please respect my very reasonable request here and just let my post stand alone as me simply giving my perspective and answer to the OP. Those who disagree with me and wish to make counter arguments can do so without referencing me. It won't hurt your point to leave me out of it I promise you. ^^

Hell no, how many I times I gotta teach u this lesson [snip]. Keep ya templar tank back in those normal dungeons. 😂😂😂

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on October 18, 2020 2:11PM
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a new player.

I'm not talking about the initial Greymoor revamp. I am asking about the most recent changes where they made Vampires unhealable for 5 seconds after using their spammable, among other things.

You are saying you have had a BETTER experience after that change, as a Vampire?

I honestly couldn't say - I haven't been playing ESO as much in general and didn't play that character immediately after the rework. I went from playing him through the Q1 DLC dungeons to playing him during the recent Greymoor event. I have no direct experience of the more incremental changes that happened in between all that, though as a general rule, stuff like that doesn't really phase me. I adapt. This isn't to say I like everything about the rework. There are definitely some things I would change but overall being a vampire is a more dynamic and interesting experience gameplay-wise which is probably what they were going for.

As far as the inability to be healed by other players for 5 seconds? Didn't bother met at all on that character - he has plenty of self-healing and doesn't need external support if I'm minding my tactics. Keep in mind the content I care about doing with this character is soloing world bosses and occasional normal dungeons. Considering he's a magicka-DK who doesn't use a staff, that I make it work as well as it does is pretty awesome I think. The vampire rework helped him a lot because it gave him a health-based damage spammable and that takes pressure of his magicka pool. One's mileage will vary but for more creative characters out there it has interesting utility.

A magicka DK who doesn't use a staff?

:#
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a new player.

A magicka DK who doesn't use a staff?

:#

Yikes! That's a red flag! D:
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova_J wrote: »

Hell no, how many I times I gotta teach u this lesson [snip]. Keep ya templar tank back in those normal dungeons. 😂😂😂

I haven't stuck to tanking normal dungeons in years and have done every Veteran Dungeon on this game on my Vampire Tank (many of them too many times to count). So I don't know who this "old man" you think you are giving lessons to is - but I can promise you it's not me. 😂😂😂

Also: why do posters like you always feel a need to try and insult others on here when ever they post something positive about the Vampire? It's really weird... among other things I won't mention.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on October 18, 2020 2:11PM
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cured, then deleted my character I specifically made to be a vamp after the chapter. First vamp I actually enjoyed playing as a vamp, not just for the passives, but was too frustrated after the drastic changes after that last gameplay update. I do still have a couple of vamps that pre-dated the chapter, but I never play them and I’m not sure what I’m going to do with them. I’ll probably eventually play around with at least one of them again, but right now I’m still just too annoyed to give it a go.
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭

Ummmmmmm...... No. You made the choice to post. People are free to scrutinize and disagree with it if they so choose. You don't want your post to be referenced? You are free to delete it if you so choose to.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ummmmmmm...... No. You made the choice to post. People are free to scrutinize and disagree with it if they so choose. You don't want your post to be referenced? You are free to delete it if you so choose to.

If people could reference it without the insults I'd be fine with it.

That's the problem.

Some people on this board seem unable to debate the Vampire Issue without lacing it with insults and condescension. So that's why I try to discourage people from commenting on my post. But I'm also not going to allow the anti Vampire lobby on here haha to intimidate users from giving their alternative opinions on the topic. Especially when it is asked for.
    Edited by Jeremy on October 18, 2020 12:11AM
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the problem.

Some people on this board seem unable to debate the Vampire Issue without lacing it with insults and condescension. So that's why I try to discourage it.

HOW DARE YOU still enjoy playing your vamp character??? The nerve. :D

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »

That's the problem.

Some people on this board seem unable to debate the Vampire Issue without lacing it with insults and condescension. So that's why I try to discourage it.

HOW DARE YOU still enjoy playing your vamp character??? The nerve. :D

lol, I know.