The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Upcoming Changes and Class Balance: Ignored Class?

RamiroCruzo
RamiroCruzo
✭✭✭
Major Changes:
- Major Mending Nerf (25% -> 16%)
- Major Regeneration Buff (20% -> 40%)
- Battle Spirit Healing Received Buff (60% -> 55%)

Classes with Major Mending:

- Dragonknights - Effectively 100% via active skill
- Wardens - Under 40% HP via passive

Classes with Regeneration Passives:

- Wardens - 12%, Flourish Passive
- Sorcerers - 20% Daedric Protection, 10% Capacitor
- Nightblades - 15% Refreshing Shadows
- Necromancer - 200, Undead Confederate

Effectively every class except Dragonknights and Wardens are getting healing buff, even Wardens above 40% HP will see increase in healing whereas the gimped class that was denied of heal buffs because of Major Mending Uptime will see a sharp decline in already low healing capacity.

Similarly, Dragonknights are yet again ignored in sustain, while classes like NB which are already over-sustaining are getting more buffs to sustain.

PS: Elder Dragon Passive is 2% HP regen per ability slotted compared to 12% of Warden and 20% of Sorcerers.
Edited by RamiroCruzo on October 14, 2020 6:55PM
Having a light side... And a Dark side... Is what makes life interesting...
High as Nord and Proud as Dark Elf
Blood for the Pact
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of this matters . The game is now being balanced around proc sets.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Templars get 480 recovery from rune(doesn't scale with % modifiers) and a small amount of cost reduction.
    In comparison you can potentially proc combustion every second, you have battle roar and helping hands.
    With the buff to battle spirit healing, your dks healing with major mending up should be the sameish as now, and higher when you don't have major mending up.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, I think that Elder Dragon could use a tune-up, but it's 5% per skill, not 2%. I like the stacking effect it has compared to the Warden and Sorc passives, but I think improving it could help elevate the class and strengthen class identity.

@Firstmep Proccing Combustion every second on StamDK is tough, but, I don't think you'll get any argument from DKs that Templars could use something also
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Templars get 480 recovery from rune(doesn't scale with % modifiers) and a small amount of cost reduction.
    In comparison you can potentially proc combustion every second, you have battle roar and helping hands.
    With the buff to battle spirit healing, your dks healing with major mending up should be the sameish as now, and higher when you don't have major mending up.

Combustion is awful for stamDK. You barely get 500 stam in 10 seconds. Combustion is just bad on magDK (a bit more useful then on stamDK)
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK have wings, with it we can try to fly away :)

To make it simple try it from some high high mountain :)
    Edited by AyaDark on October 15, 2020 8:33AM
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    They changed DK with Necro and forgot that DK exists
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of this matters . The game is now being balanced around proc sets.

At first i was like :D , but then i remembered that its not a joke, so i was :'(

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Red99
    Red99
    ✭✭✭
    They reduced heal penality in cyro from 60 to 55%, its 12% more heal after calculations
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similarly, Dragonknights are yet again ignored in sustain, while classes like NB which are already over-sustaining are getting more buffs to sustain.

NB sustain is overrated.
    In PvP, NB resource management is in hard mode.
    Edited by master_vanargand on October 15, 2020 1:15PM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    proc sets hits harder than dk dots
    dragonblood is still a sub par heal
    wings is garbage
    talons cost to much for the effectiveness of roots especially with the huge nerf to minor maim which was the only reason to slot chocking talons. and burning talons is only viable with elf bane.
    ash cloud cost to much and the radius is way to small to be viable in mobile fights. if cinder storm casted on your feet and had a bigger radius it might actually be used but to cost and way to small.
    obsidian shield is now even worse with nerf to major mending and it is a tiny shield even with 35k HP.
    one morph should scale of max magicka to help dk healers
    manga armor cost way to much for the defense it gives
    molten armorments needs reoworked maybe make melee LA/HA deal either flame or poison dmg based on highest stat and return magicka if your highest stat is mag
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    wings is garbage
    talons cost to much for the effectiveness of roots especially with the huge nerf to minor maim which was the only reason to slot chocking talons. and burning talons is only viable with elf bane.
    ash cloud cost to much and the radius is way to small to be viable in mobile fights. if cinder storm casted on your feet and had a bigger radius it might actually be used but to cost and way to small.
    obsidian shield is now even worse with nerf to major mending and it is a tiny shield even with 35k HP.
    molten armorments needs reoworked maybe make melee LA/HA deal either flame or poison dmg based on highest stat and return magicka if your highest stat is mag

Yeah stam/magDK need some real help and reworking. It's reliance on ulti for regen and combustion being unreliable (large variance, sometimes pricing a ton and others way too little) it's a class I almost never see people play because it's just shoehorned into tanking. I love playing my MagDK but it's in rough shape compared to the other classes, sorc is easy and incredibly well rounded, templar is simple but it's dps speaks for itself, nb and warden are pretty interesting playstyles and have some good built in heals, and necro is the only one I would put under dk because it's blastbones mechanic nas never been enjoyable for me in PvE. I miss the DoT era (one so unbalanced it was nuked entirely after a single patch) when MagDK was king.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    wings is garbage

Yeah stam/magDK need some real help and reworking. It's reliance on ulti for regen and combustion being unreliable (large variance, sometimes pricing a ton and others way too little) it's a class I almost never see people play because it's just shoehorned into tanking. I love playing my MagDK but it's in rough shape compared to the other classes, sorc is easy and incredibly well rounded, templar is simple but it's dps speaks for itself, nb and warden are pretty interesting playstyles and have some good built in heals, and necro is the only one I would put under dk because it's blastbones mechanic nas never been enjoyable for me in PvE. I miss the DoT era (one so unbalanced it was nuked entirely after a single patch) when MagDK was king.

Magdk is a joke in PvP.

As a DoT class, their DoT can be cleansed.
    As a DoT class, they have no DoT buffs, but the beloved new class, necromancers have.

As a melee class, they have low mobility.

Lack of burst, lack of ranged skills. Not a single, any, even one, execute skill (hitting harder at low health enemies).

High cost even for Bretons.

Wings? Nerfed. Leap? Nerfed. DoT? Heavily Nerfed.

It seems developers have no intention to save this class in PvP. I may switch to my sorcerer for PvP.
    Edited by LightYagami on October 16, 2020 5:39AM
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.