The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sources of Major Berserk should receive a duration increase.

Finedaible
Finedaible
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
As per title, I think some skill sources of Major Berserk should have their duration increased to better account for how much weaker this buff has become this PTS. Most sources of Major Berserk would grant the buff for a mere 5-8 seconds before because they accounted for the buff being so strong. Now that Major Berserk is only a 10% buff, a duration increase for skill sources would better justify trying to capitalize on this buff in my opinion.

Currently:
- Storm Atronach synergy: 8s
- Hircine's Rage: 6s when cast at full health
- Reaper's Mark: 5s after target enemy dies
- Heem-Jas' Retribution set: 10s after an enemy dies
- Unchained Aggressor set: 12s after breaking free, 14s cooldown
- Sithis' Touch set: 20s but this set is an outlier since it has no practical use and is a roleplay set.

Reaper's Mark in particular is rather weak now, and I'm not sure it is even worth using in this state. Too much hassle to set up a 10% buff for a mere 5s when you could just add another DoT or something.
Edited by Finedaible on October 14, 2020 3:57AM
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also sources of major protection need a duration increase.
    Espacially the nb ultimate one, which offers literally nothing over 18s for the cost of 200 ult
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Espacially the nb ultimate one, which offers literally nothing over 18s for the cost of 200 ult

A lot of ultimates with Major effects attached need rework. Nova costs 240 ultimate, does moderate non-elemental damage and has synergy attached + Major Maim (10%) for the duration. That's really too few for 240 cost.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 14, 2020 10:09AM
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A lot of ultimates with Major effects attached need rework. Nova costs 240 ultimate, does moderate non-elemental damage and has synergy attached + Major Maim (10%) for the duration. That's really too few for 240 cost.

I really hope they buff some of the abilities which use the nerfed Major effects this PTS because otherwise we will be left with several skills and ultimates which will be largely useless for the next few months, probably until sometime next year judging by how drawn-out these changes tend to be.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It also doesn't make sense to me that they would make Major/Minor Berserk % values equal to the same % modifiers as Major/Minor Vulnerability since Major Berserk only affects 2 players at most when Vulnerability buffs ALL incoming damage on the affected target.
    Edited by Finedaible on October 14, 2020 5:18PM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unchained Aggressor:
    Increased the duration of Major Berserk granted to 12 seconds, up from 6.

Heem-Ja’s Retribution:
    Increased the duration of Major Berserk on proc to 10 seconds, up from 5.

The sets were buffed, the skills were ignored.
    I don't understand why sets are more important than class skills.

@Finedaible Major/Minor Berserk affect everything you hit, Major/Minor Vuln only affect the target with the debuff. For PvE it means one is better for add's and trash, while the other is better for a stack and burn boss fight.

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tannus15 I don't think it's quite that cut-and-dry.

Vulnerability gives you a true %damage increase because it is a de-buff affixed to the target that stacks (IIRC) additively. Berserk stacks only multiplicatively with all of your other damage modifiers, so you are never actually receiving that full %damage increase.

And if you're able to apply AoE Vulnerability to all relevant targets then that is categorically going to be superior to Berserk. Even if you can't apply Vulnerability to all targets, the single-target value of Vulnerability will always be more important since can be shared with your whole group and single-target describes basically every boss fight.

So I think that the poster is probably right when they say that Berserk should be buffed when compared to Vulnerability. Changing Berserk to be something like 8% (Minor) and 15% (Major) would be balanced and offer closer general purpose utility between the two mods.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @YandereGirlfriend Agreed.

I would argue that this is a thing on the developers need to fix and recalculate the damage operations to make 10% damage increase == 10% damage taken if they insist on using the same standard values across the board.
    Edited by Tannus15 on October 15, 2020 12:34AM
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    - Sithis' Touch set: 20s but this set is an outlier since it has no practical use and is a roleplay set.

It had its own niche in pvp (or is it called roleplay nowadays). But new Major Berserk does not worth this condition.
    Everything is viable
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly someone has been asleep at the wheel with these changes. Part of the balance between all of these buffs and debuffs on live is based on more powerful modifiers being harder to get and maintain. By standardizing the power without adjusting the availability ZoS is just asking for problems.

With the changes as they stand on the PTS, a whole bunch of Ultimate abilities are going to become nearly worthless, while already BiS sets like Olorime are getting huge buffs. It really doesn't make any sense at all.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with most in here. ZOS really screwed up by pushing these changes out the door without ensuring that the numerous skills and set pieces that will now be CONSIDERABLY under budget with these changes.
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whats really disappointing / unacceptable is that ZOS knows what the ripple effect will be. I mean how can they not know that their proposed changes will break any class skill that incorporated major/minor buffs. To say nothing of the sets. [snip]

But the changes get rammed through piecemeal anyway with vague plans or promises of doing a future skill / set audit. All the while ignoring the players feedback - much of which is rock solid.

The end result is sadly a purposeful few months (at best) of non functioning class skills....and ultimately a poor user experience.

[snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on October 15, 2020 1:12PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are balancing the game with the reverse idea - They were doing mass skill audits in 2019 -> Following now I guess a mass passive revamp <Including minor/major>. The issue? Those passives directly function back on to the mass skill audit. So they NOW need to do another skill audit -> Then follow that up with a CP revamp -> Ohhh wait now they revamped CP so entire classes dmg and sustain is different. Guess we need to change skills again to compensate for the change we made to the change we made.

I have no idea why they didn't go CP -> Passives -> Skills -> Major/Minor systems.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well as far as I can tell it seems they were doing a non-class skill audit, then they moved on to armor set audits, but now it seems that the Major/Minor rework changes to item sets are inevitably being used as a standard for everything in the game and skills will need another audit again as a result?

By their own admission in patch 6.2.0, their SBE (Set Bonus Efficiency Standard) was not intended for class abilities and they have yet to do an audit in that regard, but to leave those skill changes out for this entire patch seems like an incomplete assessment to be honest. I'm not even sure what the logic is behind any of these "standardizations" anymore. It feels like they want to perfectly account for any of the infinite possible outcomes players can come up with, which is quite frankly a futile attempt given the scale of an MMO and the human variables.