The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

So Sheer Venom gets a nerf

• oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    Curse eater is a must for a no vamp LA MagDK this patch.. and probably next to
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Regeneration is a heal over time, and won't trigger Curse Eater's 5 piece set bonus. Going by tooltips, the only class ability that a Magicka Nightblade could use to trigger the set would be Sap Essence, which would obviously only work in melee range. Outside of class skills, I suppose you could use Combat Prayer or Healing Springs, but neither is particularly good in PvP (other than zerging maybe?) Even then, I'm not 100% sure about Healing Springs, but the tooltip indicates a small up-front heal preceding the ground-based HOT.

The Wyrd Tree's Blessing set might be an option, as long as you only have it active on your back bar (to better control when it triggers). 'Course even then, you may end up putting it on cooldown when you don't really need the cleanse, just by rebuffing or healing from some burst damage.

Yeah after much deliberation that seems to be the consensus. Seems my class options boiled down to using sap (lol) or maybe possibly path (lol again), which means I actually have nothing as those are just memes, not actual skills. There was debate about healing ward - is it a true HoT or is it directly healing you based on the shield amount? Doesn't matter anyway because on my dark cloak build I'm specifically getting in peoples faces, and that sweet 5k shield lasts all of a light attack and a half, so that was vetoed. Similarly combat prayer and healing springs just wouldn't be worth the effort, because then I wouldn't have a consistent HoT to stack with dark cloak anymore.

The siphoning strikes heal probably works, but since I'd be back-barring the set it would interfere with my weapon damage glyph. There's also, in theory, the critical leech and resilient CP's, but I don't really want my purge to be centered around playing a "get hit by a critical strike or land one with your resto staff" mini-game just to set it off, which is absurd.

So all in all it was a fun thought exercise, but outside of some really niche building it seems to simply not be a practical or otherwise available set for magblades.

=(

Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Regeneration is a heal over time, and won't trigger Curse Eater's 5 piece set bonus. Going by tooltips, the only class ability that a Magicka Nightblade could use to trigger the set would be Sap Essence, which would obviously only work in melee range. Outside of class skills, I suppose you could use Combat Prayer or Healing Springs, but neither is particularly good in PvP (other than zerging maybe?) Even then, I'm not 100% sure about Healing Springs, but the tooltip indicates a small up-front heal preceding the ground-based HOT.

The Wyrd Tree's Blessing set might be an option, as long as you only have it active on your back bar (to better control when it triggers). 'Course even then, you may end up putting it on cooldown when you don't really need the cleanse, just by rebuffing or healing from some burst damage.

Yeah after much deliberation that seems to be the consensus. Seems my class options boiled down to using sap (lol) or maybe possibly path (lol again), which means I actually have nothing as those are just memes, not actual skills. There was debate about healing ward - is it a true HoT or is it directly healing you based on the shield amount? Doesn't matter anyway because on my dark cloak build I'm specifically getting in peoples faces, and that sweet 5k shield lasts all of a light attack and a half, so that was vetoed. Similarly combat prayer and healing springs just wouldn't be worth the effort, because then I wouldn't have a consistent HoT to stack with dark cloak anymore.

The siphoning strikes heal probably works, but since I'd be back-barring the set it would interfere with my weapon damage glyph. There's also, in theory, the critical leech and resilient CP's, but I don't really want my purge to be centered around playing a "get hit by a critical strike or land one with your resto staff" mini-game just to set it off, which is absurd.

So all in all it was a fun thought exercise, but outside of some really niche building it seems to simply not be a practical or otherwise available set for magblades.

=(

I will say as a magblade you can negate a lot of dot dmg with cloak all proc dmg sets have. 10 sec cd other than sheer venom. You might have to disengage for a few second and start when they are in cd. Magblades in pvp have a high skill cap. Mastering cloak and teleport is key and they allow you to pick your fight not your opponent.
    We have gotten of topic trying to give tips to beat proc sets that shouldn’t be as strong as they are.
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    I wish this game provided a way to clear dots.

You can apply dots and proc faster than you can cleanse them...and only templars have a good purge.

One skill and I have 5 dots on me.

Self cleanse skill if you have, purge, armor sets, play with a support role, pick your battles better, group communication, etc..plenty of ways.

The problem is a playstyle that wants to do everything, & if they can't do something it needs a nerf.

ESO is a trinity combat system, and has steered way too far from that.

~Cyrodiil pov here. I don't bother with bg's.

• Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    How exactly does blocking lightning heavies work? How many Thews ticks would you get hit with? Could you use Knight Slayer against those builds?

Re: SV I still think it should just boost execute damage, like add up to 100% based on missing health.

PI would hit for 100% at 100% health, 150% at 50%, 300% at 0%. Executioners hit harder than dswing at 40% health instead of 30% health, more or less.

It would work well with specs that gradually seal your fate with abilities that deal some damage at first and then a lot later, namely stamdk and stamplar. It would actually lean into the functionality of execute abilities instead of obviating it; it wouldn't do much by itself since you need damage stats and abilities to get targets to a health threshold where it's making a difference; you would lose something by single-barring it.
    Edited by Recapitated on October 16, 2020 4:40PM
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Sheer venom didn’t get nerfed hard enough

It really didn't they could have kept the original damage and just removed the scaling execute modifier and it would be a lot more balanced for a proc that is attached to high dmg executes and procs twice per bow execute
    Edited by JinxxND on October 16, 2020 5:53PM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »

@lucky_Sage I've never used curse eater, but I'm assuming regeneration counts as a direct heal right? I wonder if dark cloak does too. As a magblade I don't have a purge, so this is an interesting idea, my biggest concern being the cooldown and the limited number of effects purged. I think I'm gonna mess with it though and see if I can come up with something workable.

it does not, but your light attacks with leeching up will proc it. healing ward, rapid regen and dark cloak all will not proc curse eater
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    but not the other broken proc sets?
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam

I hope designers will log in to game and try to play it... and balance all proc sets...
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing in CP with a pretty squishy mNB with really high damage from stat boost sets and only the Caluurion gives me any issues, turning ganks I'd otherwise survive into L's. But if they don't get the kill with that initial proc I can almost always kill them before it gets a chance to proc again.
    Any of the dot damage proc sets easily get outhealed by Swallow Soul+Siphoning Attacks LA spam.
    Edited by itscompton on October 17, 2020 9:20AM