The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ring of the pale order and burning/poisoned status effect

oscarovegren
oscarovegren
✭✭✭
Is the pale ring intended to not work with burning/poisoned status effect?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They count as damage over time effects so they should work.
    Edited by Vevvev on October 12, 2020 5:05PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they work with enchantments or poisons either (so I've heard). They definitely don't work with proc sets.

If the point of the set is to only heal based on your characters damage abilities, then it makes sense that it wouldn't work from status effects either.. I like it like this, too much of the game right now is rewarding stacking proc sets like Malacath Band.

This week, they also doubled down on a lower cap, higher % value, meaning high character stat, high pressure dot builds are going to be the most beneficial setups for this ring. Very noice.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on October 12, 2020 9:44PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    Funny thing is that the pale order ring actually works with overwhelming surge on PTS