The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

so whats going on with critical chance

Apox
Apox
✭✭✭✭✭
update 28 combat preview

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546030/u28-combat-preview-developer-update/p1
As such, we have created a new combined stat for Critical Chance which is a combination of Spell and Weapon Crit. This means if you see an item that grants 106 Critical Chance, it’s giving you both Spell and Weapon Crit.

is this all sources of crit being rolled into one or in just some circumstances? I remembered this line and wondered what the fate of the sorc and nightblade passives were going to be so i hopped on pts and found out that the sorc/nb passives still give spell/wep crit respectively. i also checked the medusa set, a set with 4 lines of spell crit on live, and it still gives spell crit on pts.

is this only going to be on some items or has the change not been pushed through to pts yet? if the change does go through, whats going to happen to the sorc and nightblade passives?
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They are supposed to do the same with penetration. "Offensive Penetration" being the new stat. The new sets already have the new stats, but were supposed to do a skill/item audit before all the old stuff was updated. I'd be very surprised if it's rolled out in U28.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update doesn't launch for another month, they'll probably get around to it soon. They said the crit rebalancing won't finish till update 29, but I think sets will be the first to be updated with U28 with bonuses like Major/Minor Prophecy and Savagery only reworked in U29, leaving Sorc and NB in a weird limbo. Skills like Lotus Flower would need new effects too, so it makes sense that they're taking their time with it, but it would be nice for them to actually provide information about this instead of leaving us all to speculate.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted this in thr other thread but I'll put it here too:

I'd like to know what's going on with minor prophecy and savagery.

The patch notes say that minor savagery and prophecy will be adjusted, but it also mentions them as separate abilities buffing their respective stat. But how can prophecy buff spell crit and savagery buff weapon crit when spell and weapon crit are now the same thing?

Sorcerers get prophecy, nightblades get savagery, so...are they still different buffs? Are NB's and sorcs just going to have minor buffs with different names that do the same thing now?

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Any of you PC people with the PTS able to confirm what's happening?
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.