The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Proper patch notes please?

MrBrownstone
MrBrownstone
✭✭✭✭✭
Oblivion’s Foe: Readjusted this set’s minor set bonuses to now grant the following bonuses at their standard levels, rather than granting up to 211 of each Resource Recovery:
2 piece: 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
3 piece: 1487 Offensive Penetration
4 piece: 657 Critical Chance
5 piece: 129 Weapon and Spell Damage.

What is this? What is "Offensive Penetration"? What is "Critical Chance"? Since when 833 crit became 657? Or is this just a super unique set and there were no changes to these set bonuses?

[snip] Because I have no idea when penetration and crit became hybrid stats and considering how important those changes are, I don't think I'd be missing them. Or please give me a link.

[Edited to remove Offensive Content]
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on October 5, 2020 5:56PM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion’s Foe: Readjusted this set’s minor set bonuses to now grant the following bonuses at their standard levels, rather than granting up to 211 of each Resource Recovery:
    2 piece: 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    3 piece: 1487 Offensive Penetration
    4 piece: 657 Critical Chance
    5 piece: 129 Weapon and Spell Damage.

What is this? What is "Offensive Penetration"? What is "Critical Chance"? Since when 833 crit became 657?

[snip] Because I have no idea when penetration and crit became hybrid stats and considering how important those changes are, I don't think I'd be missing those changes. Or please give me a link.

i guess the major pen buff became Breach under a single name they changed pyhsical and spell pen under a new name calling Offensive Pen.

But its also known that people dont know how to read.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on October 5, 2020 5:56PM
  • kmkastl
    kmkastl
    ✭✭
    They changed in the 6.2.0 patch notes. Go back and read those.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point. Please don't tell me they are going to reduce the crit chance on gear. That is the polar opposite of what they should be doing....... this could be bad....

But yea, they are moving to making things more "performant" and combining weapon/spell crit into crit chance and the same with Pen. I thought it was common knowledge. They mentioned it briefly in the DLC reveal stream, and briefly touched on it here and there in patch notes.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know about Breach, it was explained in the notes. However there is no explanation of the other changes, we're just supposed to understand from the new set bonuses? I don't see a single "833 critical reduced to 657" I just see a set with 657 critical, no proper explanation.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kmkastl wrote: »
    They changed in the 6.2.0 patch notes. Go back and read those.

They didnt. Atleast not across the board. Some crafted sets have the combined crit chance but arena sets for example do not. They announced it in the preview, but it did not appear in the actual patch notes.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • kmkastl
    kmkastl
    ✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

They didnt. Atleast not across the board. Some crafted sets have the combined crit chance but arena sets for example do not. They announced it in the preview, but it did not appear in the actual patch notes.

Hmm I could have sworn I saw them in a "developer's comment" but apparently I'm wrong. I must be confusing it with the buff/debuff section. Weird they said it in the preview and not in the patch notes.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, it is only unified in the newest sets and it seems to be an open question as to whether or not existing sets will be retrofitted in the current patch or some time down the road (or if they even will be at all).
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, stop proc sets! I'm sick of being killed by other player's clothes...
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Crafted Sets

Oblivion’s Foe: Oblivion’s realms have been full as of late with the poor souls affected by this set, so it is being reworked again. Whenever you deal damage with Soul Magic using the 5-piece bonus, you mark the target’s soul, dealing 12820 Magic Damage over 10 seconds.

This set will not refresh itself on targets it is already active on and will wait for the duration to end before reapplying.

Additional changes to the 2-4 piece bonus will be coming in the next PTS patch.”

- PTS 6.2.1 notes

Fair warning that changes were coming was given last week.
    Edited by trackdemon5512 on October 5, 2020 8:21PM
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Indeed, it is only unified in the newest sets and it seems to be an open question as to whether or not existing sets will be retrofitted in the current patch or some time down the road (or if they even will be at all).

Not even in all of them. The armor sets from the arena still use the old weapon/spell critical not the new critical chance stat.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.