The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is anyone from ZOS going to acknowledge that the regen mundus stones do not work?

Langeston
Langeston
✭✭✭✭✭
Neither the Atronach nor Serpent mundus stones work at all unless you are in combat.

I've made several posts about this and filed two in-game bug reports with no acknowledgement whatsoever that the problem even exists. This has been an issue for several months now, but for all I know no one at ZOS even knows about it seeing as by all outward appearances the issue has gone ignored. Meanwhile, we get changes like this in the patch notes:
Added a dog for you to pet in the crafting hall of Markarth. Because it’s important and he’s a good boy.
Personally, I feel like the aforementioned issue it at least as important.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_Gilliam
@ZOS_RichLambert
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I don't know if I tagged the right people or not, I just copied this list from another post. Regardless, can one of you please forward this to the appropriate team so this can be worked on? This is a glaring issue.

Thank you.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it does relate to combat I will tag @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Put the wrong name to start with. Corrected it.
    Edited by idk on October 6, 2020 12:02AM
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These have been broken for 4+ months. Still no response from ZOS.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC, consoles, or both?
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    PC, consoles, or both?
    That I don't know. I play on PC NA.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

I know free consulting to ZOS... But I digress what OTHER actions would regen support out of combat. I ask this rhetorically to make your case you should go into details. Every fact is like a TABLE with three or four legs of supporting data.

"What are we missing by not having regen out of combat"? Instead of just saying it's broke...Not being mean, it might jar somebodies attention is all.

I cannot X, Y , or Z out of combat....cause regen is brokie
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought all regen stats were supposed to be in combat, period. That is what the tooltip used to say for the character sheet stat.

• knudsen
    knudsen
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't regen set to 1k out of combat, regardless how much recovery you have?
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    knudsen wrote: »

Who knows? [snip] I think some soruces of regen apply to both in and out of combat, and others apply only to in combat. iirc, Willows Path 5th piece used to (and may still) only apply in combat.

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on October 27, 2020 2:01PM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish we had some explanation by devs or whoever responsible for it that how these work when we have sth that doesnt seem to work
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah regen is supposed to be capped out of combat, I’m not sure what the exact number (think it’s between 2k-3k) is but it’s been like that for awhile.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    I thought all regen stats were supposed to be in combat, period. That is what the tooltip used to say for the character sheet stat.

Yeah regen is supposed to be capped out of combat, I’m not sure what the exact number (think it’s between 2k-3k) is but it’s been like that for awhile.
    It's more complicated than that, but in a word: no.

While regen derived from glyphs and armor sets* to not add to your idle regen, race/class passives, food, and [until recently] the Atronach/Serpent do. The Steed does still work out of combat.

*For some reason Bright Throat Boast is an exception to this rule — the 5 piece bonus does apply to your idle regen (the 4 piece bonus, however, does not.)

In my case this change/bug winds up costing me 775 regen this patch, (buffed, including passives) and next patch with the buff to major intellect that number goes up to about a 1000. The mundus has become non-viable for me & I am forced to use Ghastly Eye Bowl & the Lord rather than Artaeum Fish Bowl and the Atronach, meaning I not only I lose a decent amount of max magicka and ton of max health, I also miss out on some magicka regen.

Atronach and Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowl:
    TQy3rZh.png
    Lord and Ghastly Eye Bowl:
    OOrgaeR.png
    **Note that this is a BG build, but the screenshots were taken with CP. I have less regen in no CP.

This is a very noticeable difference, even in BGs when you would expect to be in combat most of the time. Unless you have an addon that shows you if you are in combat, you don't realize how often you drop out of it (unless you are a NB & are used to seeing your Grim Focus stacks drop off for no reason.)
    Cronopoly wrote: »
    I know free consulting to ZOS... But I digress what OTHER actions would regen support out of combat. I ask this rhetorically to make your case you should go into details. Every fact is like a TABLE with three or four legs of supporting data.

"What are we missing by not having regen out of combat"? Instead of just saying it's broke...Not being mean, it might jar somebodies attention is all.

I cannot X, Y , or Z out of combat....cause regen is brokie

Well, aside from the fact that it is completely unintuitive that your regen slows to a crawl while you are at rest and the fact that these munduses used to work out of combat for years until this combat team decided to "improve" them, my regen in BGs and IC is noticably worse, and if I expend all of my magicka securing a kill and drop out of combat it takes forever for my bar to refill — putting me at a disadvantage if I come across someone else.

I just want them to be fixed.
    Edited by Langeston on October 26, 2020 7:57PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annoying bug

PC EU
    PvP only
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well, aside from the fact that it is completely unintuitive that your regen slows to a crawl while you are at rest and the fact that these munduses used to work out of combat for years until this combat team decided to "improve" them, my regen in BGs and IC is noticably worse, and if I expend all of my magicka securing a kill and drop out of combat it takes forever for my bar to refill — putting me at a disadvantage if I come across someone else.

Damn dude, thank you so much for the info. For years I never even knew regen was not the same out of combat until I installed Harven's addon a few months ago. This is the first MMO i've ever played that punished your regen OOC. It's really just not enjoyable at all. I think we should be at a flat 4-5k for all regen outside of combat.
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least we have the combat bug so we get the regen most of the time...
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synozeer wrote: »
    At least we have the combat bug so we get the regen most of the time...

Shalk exoskeleton FTW
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can say as a vampire stage 3 that my health regen is abysmal regardless of in combat or out. Perhaps vamp health regen should only be effected in combat given ZOS recent efforts at uniformity....

• precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does one even get out of combat in this game LOL
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    precambria wrote: »
    How does one even get out of combat in this game LOL

Get five stacks of merciless resolve up. That seems to be the only time I get out of combat, just long enough to make me recast merciless when I thought I'd be firing off the spectral bow.