The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any chance that some of these...

Wuuffyy
Wuuffyy
✭✭✭✭✭
Major/Minor abilities could now become a regular part of the majority of players toolkits in some way?

I mean they are all pretty insignificant now.

I feel like the garbage 16% major defile should at least last 6-8 seconds now instead of 4.

Maybe any non perm source of minor berserk should be at least 10 seconds on activation.

Fracture and breach maybe last longer from sources other than puncture or ele and maybe different ways to get the in a toolkit.

Just throwing out ideas at this point. I don’t see how longer durations or more accessibility for watered down buffs and debuffs would hurt their spreadsheet.
Wuuffyy,
ESO player since 2014
-PM for questions
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One change that would be major is to prolong major expedition sources. Combat has felt like stop and go traffic with such short speed durations. Combined with 2s-4s snare immunities and movement has felt terrible ever since murkmire. Never understood zos's thought process:
    1. movement was a non issue and very fluid, lacked sources of snare immunities
    2. summerset adds swift jewelry
    3. Movement speed causing issues
    4. Zos nerfs all sources of Expedition and makes FM 4s instead of 8s
    5. Still issues
    6. Zos nerfs swift jewelry to an appropriate amount
    7. People dropped swift for infused, still lacking snare immunity options
    I'm surprised they are not addressing this with the major/minor changes. They could cut major exp to 20% minor to 8% and then extend the durations across the board.

In terms of snares and immunities, we all know that there is a vast abundance of snares tied to everything under the sun. Yet the counterplay options we have are all absurdly short. If you want a longer counterplay option you have to run 6-7 medium armor which is terribly inefficient.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MincVinyl wrote: »
    One change that would be major is to prolong major expedition sources. Combat has felt like stop and go traffic with such short speed durations. Combined with 2s-4s snare immunities and movement has felt terrible ever since murkmire. Never understood zos's thought process:
    5. Still issues
    I'm surprised they are not addressing this with the major/minor changes. They could cut major exp to 20% minor to 8% and then extend the durations across the board.

In terms of snares and immunities, we all know that there is a vast abundance of snares tied to everything under the sun. Yet the counterplay options we have are all absurdly short. If you want a longer counterplay option you have to run 6-7 medium armor which is terribly inefficient.

I second that too. I mean they are bringing back the speed meta with items like the wild hunt and increases to the Swift trait. I don’t really understand why this, which a lot of the time will be applied to avoid a larger group, is up for so little time when you sacrifice either sustain or something that would allow you to heal better or give you a streak or two more on a stam sorc instead.
    Edited by Wuuffyy on September 24, 2020 9:16PM
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MincVinyl wrote: »
    5. Still issues

I somewhat agree with the chain of events, but you're missing the part where they reduced and removed a ton of snares while updating how they behave too.

Pre nerfs to expedition and immunities I ran forward momentum on every single build because it was an absolute must. This was coupled with the fact that I used the 45s duration major expedition potions to have it up 100% of the time. Now I don't and instead rely on consistent speed buffs.

So while I agree that the immunity/expedition sources feel to short at 4s, I don't agree that this is a hot button issue anymore.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit