Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like the option to mute individual chat channels like zone and each guild?

sharpshooter2342
sharpshooter2342
✭✭✭

Would you like the option to mute individual chat channels like zone and each guild? 24 votes

Yes
91%
robrou19DanikatCaffeinatedMayhemKnightpantherEasily_LostDragonRacerFischblutPuzzlenutsWildRaptorXDanel_VadanNord_RaseriRudraniDreamsUnderStarsAnonomissXApostateHobosharpshooter2342GrimTheReaper45ThechuckageRinging_NirnrootTradoTheOne 22 votes
No
8%
LumsdenmlGrianasteri 2 votes
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC you can already set up chat tabs with different rules.
  • sharpshooter2342
    sharpshooter2342
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    We don't have that option on console. It would be really nice zone chat is so annoying.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing on PC, I haven't had Zone enabled since launch. I have Zone English enabled but it rarely trickles into life. I'm not in any guilds.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I play on PC, but it's stupid if consoles don't have this option.
  • Rudrani
    Rudrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Helllz to da yaaaaas
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by idk on September 23, 2020 10:51PM
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    How am I going to troll zone chat if I'm muted???
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I play on PC so I already have this option, but I'd find it really frustrating not to have it, so I think it should be available for consoles too.

My main tab has everything enabled, but I've set up additional ones for each guild with just their chat channel, so if there's a conversation going on I want to focus on I can easily switch to just seeing that. I also have a 'Team' tab for when I'm doing group content which just shows say, tell, yell, group, NPC and system messages - so I'll see whatever is being said by my group and people immediately around me (and NPCs if we're in a dungeon or something) but I don't get all the background chatter from the busier channels.

Considering they gave that option to PC (and I think it's been there since launch, certainly since before the game was released on consoles) I don't understand why they don't include it on consoles too.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TradoTheOne
    TradoTheOne
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I propose that, players that play German/French/Russian translations automatically opt into the respectiv language zonechat.. Its kind of pointless to have a russian zonechat, when they use the english from default anyway..
    3 2 1 - My horn
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the settings you can have it turn off the chat "text" box.

Just do that if you don't want to see it.
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • sharpshooter2342
    sharpshooter2342
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Zenzuki wrote: »
    In the settings you can have it turn off the chat "text" box.

Just do that if you don't want to see it.

Yes that can be done but it turns off all text chat on console. We may want to see guild chats or whispers or whatever.
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought whispers would pop-up anyway as they are like DM's.

Hmmm

Anyway, I'm all for more options on things, so I say wouldn't hurt to add it.
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    I propose that, players that play German/French/Russian translations automatically opt into the respectiv language zonechat.. Its kind of pointless to have a russian zonechat, when they use the english from default anyway..

I play with Russian trunslation and my biggest worry about it before launch was that I will be forced to play with Russian chat😅
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    As its an mmo, with a heavy focus on a variety of group content, I am not convinced that people should have the ability to mute chat.

Guilds often already have challenges in encouraging players to interact in chat, something which fosters a community spirit, makes connections and forms friendships, as well as the more obvious practical positives of being able ask for and receive help, advice, group ups, trade etc.

One can imagine that what would happen is lots of people would switch off most or all chat and all chat channels would therefore suffer, as would ESOs sense of community and any content requiring even a little teamwork - pvp for instance.

Also, I have never, even when people are spamming and having big chats or when in a busy zone like Craglorn, found the chat to be remotely annoying.
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    One can imagine that what would happen is lots of people would switch off most or all chat and all chat channels would therefore suffer, as would ESOs sense of community and any content requiring even a little teamwork - pvp for instance.

But we HAVE an ability to switch off all chats or some chats (on PC). 🤔

Found not so long ago an ability to switch off zone chat and life became little better. Not having that annoying guild ads in the middle of conversation is perfect 🙂
    Edited by Ratinira on September 24, 2020 9:08AM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buy a PC - problem solved :expressionless:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    As its an mmo, with a heavy focus on a variety of group content, I am not convinced that people should have the ability to mute chat.

Guilds often already have challenges in encouraging players to interact in chat, something which fosters a community spirit, makes connections and forms friendships, as well as the more obvious practical positives of being able ask for and receive help, advice, group ups, trade etc.

Also, I have never, even when people are spamming and having big chats or when in a busy zone like Craglorn, found the chat to be remotely annoying.

As numerous people have pointed out this is already an option on PC and none of the concerns you've raised happen there. I'm sure there are some individuals who choose to turn off all chat channels, but if they couldn't do that they'd ignore them anyway. Someone who doesn't want to talk with their guild isn't going to suddenly start doing it just because it's impossible for them to avoid seeing the messages. I don't know the exact proportions of course but enough people keep chat channels active that they're almost always busy, at least for zone chat and my guilds.

And as I explained earlier for me the ability to choose which chat channels I see actually makes it easier and therefore more likely I'll talk to my guild, because if I'm in an area where zone chat is very busy but irrelevant to me (for example Craglorn where most people are spamming LFG messages for other parts of the game) I can easily switch to a pre-made guild only channel so I can read and join in with the conversation without missing parts because zone chat spam made it disappear off the screen before I could read it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Would be quite lovely. Especially on nights where I am running my guild's text chat auction and another guild is also running theirs. The option to turn off just the other guild's chat for that timeframe to better concentrate on my own guild's chat would be fabulous.

Being able to color-code guild chats made this immensely helpful, but an option to selectively turn off certain chats while leaving others up would be endgame chat level. LOL

And, of course, for the days you want to kill zone chat when it's being toxic, but still want to see your own guild chat would be nice as well. The "all chat or no chat" is a bit extreme.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13