The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Light/Heavy attack damage.

Mobius0
Mobius0
✭✭✭
Since light and heavy attacks will now scale off of your highest stat, does that mean that magicka light/heavy attacks will become "magic" damage, like staves?
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whoops! Good question, that would be awesome to have a conversion for melee weapons.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats a Good question
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything still restores the same thing
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Mobius0
    Mobius0
    ✭✭✭
    I guess to be more specific, will things like spell pen, +spell damage, +Magic damage (like War Maiden bonus.), affect L/H attacks if Magicka is your highest stat when using a non-staff weapon?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more curious as to whether this means someone building like a glass cannon will get more or less damage out of light attacks. What's the scaling like?
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    I'm more curious as to whether this means someone building like a glass cannon will get more or less damage out of light attacks. What's the scaling like?

My burst damage when trying out a parse was less than a staff by about 10~20k
    Mobius0 wrote: »
    I guess to be more specific, will things like spell pen, +spell damage, +Magic damage (like War Maiden bonus.), affect L/H attacks if Magicka is your highest stat when using a non-staff weapon?

Good question.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its been several days with no answer on this question.
    i hope we find the answer to this question.
    its really not fair this is happen.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some one test it
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've already answered this extensively with others in the thread here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546678/all-light-medium-and-heavy-attacks-now-dynamically-scale-with-your-highest-offensive-stats#latest

Some TLDR:

Damage, Crit and Max Resource dynamically scale. Penetration does not. This is exactly how ultimates and dynamic scaling class skills behave (Streak, Shade, Ritual of Retribution, etc).

Light/heavy attacks do not update their damage type based on highest stats, thus they continue to look for their specific damage bonuses through CP, sets and passives. Physical damage needs physical penetration, Piercing CP and Mighty CP as an example.

Sets like Automaton (+400 physical weapon damage) only buffs stamina weapons.

In no CP, while avoiding sets like Automaton for a mixed build, you're light/heavy attacks will be very comparable with only the weapons passives coming into play, of which actually do scale pretty well for the most part. Maces/Daggers/Axes don't work well. DW and 2H have higher base spell damage than Destruction staves. Etc.

And finally, yes, weapons still continue to return the resource pool their based on.

Edited by MashmalloMan on September 27, 2020 7:32PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already answered this extensively with others in the thread here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546678/all-light-medium-and-heavy-attacks-now-dynamically-scale-with-your-highest-offensive-stats#latest

Some TLDR:

Damage, Crit and Max Resource dynamically scale. Penetration does not. This is exactly how ultimates and dynamic scaling class skills behave (Streak, Shade, Ritual of Retribution, etc).

Light/heavy attacks do not update their damage type based on highest stats, thus they continue to look for their specific damage bonuses through CP, sets and passives. Physical damage needs physical penetration, Piercing CP and Mighty CP as an example.

Sets like Automaton (+400 physical weapon damage) only buffs stamina weapons.

In no CP, while avoiding sets like Automaton for a mixed build, you're light/heavy attacks will be very comparable with only the weapons passives coming into play, of which actually do scale pretty well for the most part. Maces/Daggers/Axes don't work well. DW and 2H have higher base spell damage than Destruction staves. Etc.

And finally, yes, weapons still continue to return the resource pool their based on.

Perfect summary
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”