The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cyro disconnects super frequent again as of today 9.21.2020

TineaCruris
TineaCruris
✭✭✭✭✭
As of today I'm back to have very frequent disconnects while in cyrodiil. It's usually when riding up to a keep with a fight in it, but not always. Once disconnected it takes, on average, 4 to 5 login attempts to get back in. The disconnect jams something up so simply logging back in is disrupted for a time. More than once I've gotten disconnected riding up to a keep, gotten back into the game, then immediately disconnected again riding up to the same fight.
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I just lost my slot in cyrodiil because it disconnected me while I was standing alone in a keep checking my inventory. Que is over 100 right now, and the game just booted me for no reason.

......this is why I'm so glad to hear ZOS sold today.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. After my third DC I am hanging up my spurs for this week's test cycle.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today was the first time in three and a half years of playing Cyro that I was disconnected just for standing in a keep (writing a bug report, actually) because too many players decided to come my way. I heard combat music, saw the horde, everything froze, and eventually the game felt like informing me I should check my internet connection.

I’ve been dced plenty (including tonight) for riding up to a busy keep, but now it seems we can be dced by other players coming to us unless we actively avoid them. Kind of defeats the purpose of PvP...
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    I’ve been dced plenty (including tonight) for riding up to a busy keep, but now it seems we can be dced by other players coming to us unless we actively avoid them. Kind of defeats the purpose of PvP...

You need an way to DC other players too, that make it PvP :open_mouth:
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

You need an way to DC other players too, that make it PvP :open_mouth:

In a DC world, what’s a poor AD to do? :wink:
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting disconnected constantly outside of PvP even. Got a too many messages error, then disconnected from server like 5 times. Had ping of 350-999+ while trying to do vMA. Logged into cyro and immediately disconnected in empty keep. A+.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed that in the morning, when populations are low, there isn't much of an issue with disconnecting, even when there are big fights.

But, once all factions are pop locked, everything takes a nosedive.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just Cyro. Today it took me five full minutes to port into Craglorn. Once I zoned in, I ran 50 feet and caught another loading screen for 60 seconds.

Performance updates? More like performance downgrades.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you say event?
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today was the first time in three and a half years of playing Cyro that I was disconnected just for standing in a keep (writing a bug report, actually) because too many players decided to come my way. I heard combat music, saw the horde, everything froze, and eventually the game felt like informing me I should check my internet connection.

Sounds like a complex game of hide and seek, but no one knows who's "it"

Maybe you force DC'd a couple on their side. :D
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recant my earlier remarks. Today performance was like prime time and only one faction was locked. But, all three factions were stacked on the same keep for most of three hours too.