The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trifectas Rewards Overhaul

VoidCommander
VoidCommander
✭✭✭✭✭
Ever wonder why it is so painfully difficult to get a group together who wants to do the REALLY tough content of ESO? I'm talking the trifecta achievements; no deaths, speedruns, and hardmodes all at once. Its because there is little to no incentive to do them for most players outside of 50 achievement points and MAYBE a title for a few of them.

The endgame playerbase is suffering right now because the normal endgame content is too easy, and the extreme endgame content has no real incentive to complete it. I've been seeing players leave ESO because it caters to the "casuals" and "isn't hard enough." Whether we agree with those opinions is another topic, but there is a way to reignite the endgame passion for difficult challenges such as trifecta achievements.

I propose that every trifecta achievement currently in game for dungeons and trials include a reward: a stack of "Elder's Blessing" (name subject to change of course). For every one of these "stacks" that you earn from these achievements, your character gains +100 to all three primary stats. Keep in mind stacks would only be generated for activities that already have trifecta achievements associated with them, so a player for example would not be able to do 20 easy trifectas from base game dungeons to get +2000 health. These stacks would be very hard to earn, but with enough of them, a master dungeoneer would see a sizable advantage compared to their comrades. In fact, as of update 27 I count 19 total trifecta achievements that one could obtain, which would lead to +2000 health, magicka, and stamina. A small reward for a very large undertaking to be frank.

Now to quiet all the PvP buffs out there, these stacks would of course be supressed in PvP. Instead equivalent achievement stacks could be applied to PvP in accordance with your rank. Such as every time you get a new named rank (ie: anything that isn't "Centurian II), you get an additional stack of +100. Or PvP gets no stacks at all, which would probably be for the best.

Thank you for reading my idea, I would like to hear your thoughts as to how you think this idea would affect the game. Would it be for better or for the worse?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 6, 2024 5:20PM
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    So you want to increase the divide between high performing skilled players, and casual trash?

ZOS will never do that.

There is also a precedent for this: Former Emperor buffs. ZOS removed them for this exact reason.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think we will ever get permanent buffs for our characters based on completed achievements. On the other hand, they might add titles to old dungeon's trifecta achievements, such as "Mountain God" title for completing Scalecaller Peak's trifecta achievement.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Won't that end up making the future endgame vet content slightly easier for those people wanting more of a challenge in the first place?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um. There is a reward.

It's called satisfaction. Satisfaction of tackling a challenge. And the associated prestige. And in the case of Stone Garden, the title is pretty awesome too.

I know of a lot of groups that have either gotten the new Stonethorn trifectas or are actively working to get them. It's a fun challenge. What more do you need?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lead a guild, we chase dungeon achievements, especially trifectas, we're only missing Lair of Maarselok and the new dungeons right now. I wholeheartedly agree that the rewards are lackluster, since there is none for dragonbones (introduction of trifectas) up to Scalebreaker. They finally added titles with harrowstorm, we were happy about that change.

Honestly, an epic sounding title is enough for me :p Are there achievement furnishing tied to these achievements?
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • AntonShan
    AntonShan
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    It's called satisfaction. Satisfaction of tackling a challenge. And the associated prestige. And in the case of Stone Garden, the title is pretty awesome too.

It would be nice to have titles for older trifectas. Like Mountain God for vSCP trifecta.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AntonShan wrote: »

It would be nice to have titles for older trifectas. Like Mountain God for vSCP trifecta.

Absolutely.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Um. There is a reward.

I know of a lot of groups that have either gotten the new Stonethorn trifectas or are actively working to get them. It's a fun challenge. What more do you need?

We are progressing Immortal Redeemer currently and are damn close to finishing it (2 deaths was our best attempt). But honestly, after countless attempts and unlucky RNG deaths unimaginably tied to this specific tri-fecta, I don't know if the feeling will be satisfaction after completing it. I fear that the feeling will be rather "burden released".

Some additional rewards would be nice. Even the title isn't what it used to be, every second post in Craglorn zone chat is selling IR runs.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 18, 2020 1:47PM
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Um. There is a reward.

We are progressing Immortal Redeemer currently and are damn close to finishing it (2 deaths was our best attempt). But honestly, after countless attempts and unlucky RNG deaths unimaginably tied to this specific tri-fecta, I don't know if the feeling will be satisfaction after completing it. I fear that the feeling will be rather "burden released".

Some additional rewards would be nice. Even the title isn't what it used to be, every second post in Craglorn zone chat is selling IR runs.

Who the H*** is selling IR runs, lol....Y'all are wild on PC, lol.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you get dyes for it? If not, you should.
    The Moot Councillor
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make the best players even stronger and make the game even more unbalanced?

Nope
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    Um. There is a reward.

It's certainly advertised frequently. Along with Godslayer and other trifecta titles. You can buy anything with enough gold...
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play on the sever with likely the thinnest end game community and I have no issues finding groups wanting to do trial trifecta runs. Groups that want to do them do them and groups that don't aren't going to be enticed by a small stat gain.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I propose that every trifecta achievement currently in game for dungeons and trials include a reward: a stack of "Elder's Blessing" (name subject to change of course). For every one of these "stacks" that you earn from these achievements, your character gains +100 to all three primary stats. Keep in mind stacks would only be generated for activities that already have trifecta achievements associated with them, so a player for example would not be able to do 20 easy trifectas from base game dungeons to get +2000 health. These stacks would be very hard to earn, but with enough of them, a master dungeoneer would see a sizable advantage compared to their comrades. In fact, as of update 27 I count 19 total trifecta achievements that one could obtain, which would lead to +2000 health, magicka, and stamina. A small reward for a very large undertaking to be frank.

No. If you are able to complete these achievements, it should do the opposite. The content should continue to get harder to continue providing you with a challenge.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'll be implemented as perfect trifecta rewards if any change is made at all.
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay to boil it down: Just more challenging content over the course of a year - would obviously keep people longer busy - the gs mount approach was a nice way, I think that's something to learn from - But the 100 attribute stuff is way over the top - would make the game even more unbalanced and then again make harder content even further redundant.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Choice of Radiant Apex Mount for each one completed? :)
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You already get titles, dyes, skins, personalities, emotes, achievement points and so from them. Enough.

Edited by Dragonnord on September 18, 2020 6:26PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    You already get titles, dyes, skins, personalities, emotes, achievement points and so from them. Enough.

Well you're wrong. Majority of skins just come from beating vet or hard mode. A few give titles and that's cool, but it's not something that's gonna make people wanna do harder content.

To be honest why do you say "enough"? Do you think end game players are getting catered to more than casual players?

Or do you think people are being too "entitled"? If that's the case I'd say you're definitely wrong. The devs worked hard to make the content and their only shooting themselves in the foot by not making the content worth doing. Other games get endgame rewards just fine, ESO has no excuses.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have several trifectas...but I have no motivation to actually join groups looking for trifecta runs since I could care less about titles that no one reads anyway(I probably haven't changed my title for YEARS). I do agree that the rewards for spending 5 hours chasing a trifecta should be good enough to make me want to put in the effort....and truthfully, cosmetics arent going to do it.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    Um. There is a reward.

Used to be able <maybe still?> find people who would sell VMA runs. And yeah that did indeed include logging on your char.
    Edited by karekiz on September 18, 2020 8:31PM
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    I have several trifectas...but I have no motivation to actually join groups looking for trifecta runs since I could care less about titles that no one reads anyway(I probably haven't changed my title for YEARS). I do agree that the rewards for spending 5 hours chasing a trifecta should be good enough to make me want to put in the effort....and truthfully, cosmetics arent going to do it.

Finally someone who has actually completed trifectas chiming in. Thank you.

Well you're wrong. Majority of skins just come from beating vet or hard mode. A few give titles and that's cool, but it's not something that's gonna make people wanna do harder content.

To be honest why do you say "enough"? Do you think end game players are getting catered to more than casual players?

Or do you think people are being too "entitled"? If that's the case I'd say you're definitely wrong. The devs worked hard to make the content and their only shooting themselves in the foot by not making the content worth doing. Other games get endgame rewards just fine, ESO has no excuses.

This is why I made this post. Rewards like skins is barely enough to convince people to do trials like Maw of Lorkaj, let alone trifectas. A mount from godslayer apparently isn't enough motivation either. Endgame players are way too hard to find these days, and providing a small incentive for those willing to chase the truest endgame that ESO has to offer would only benefit ESO. People can complain all they want about people having an advantage over them, but it would be no different from someone having perfected false gods instead of regular false gods. Harder content deserves better rewards, end of story.
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    Finally someone who has actually completed trifectas chiming in. Thank you.

Bro. I have all 12 of the Dungeon Trifectas and three of the Trial Trifectas....
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever wonder why it is so painfully difficult to get a group together who wants to do the REALLY tough content of ESO?

It is not difficult. I see in both my raid guild and with my more casual friends they tend to form regular groups for doing dungeons. When new dungeons come out they already have a small group of players to pull from to start working on getting the new dungeons down and gain the new achievements and whatever rewards may drop on HM.

Edit: Wow, I read further. In the second paragraph, OP complains that newer content is to easy but in the third proposes an idea that would buff characters doing the new content to make it even easier.

I do not think we need anything that boosts the power creep farther.
    Edited by idk on September 19, 2020 7:07PM
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The endgame playerbase is suffering right now because the normal endgame content is too easy, and the extreme endgame content has no real incentive to complete it. I've been seeing players leave ESO because it caters to the "casuals" and "isn't hard enough." Whether we agree with those opinions is another topic, but there is a way to reignite the endgame passion for difficult challenges such as trifecta achievements.

Players are constantly asking for hard content. With these Achievments they got this hard content. What you are saying is that some ppl dont want to do it because the reward is not good enough. This means that they dont want hard content, they just want rare rewards that only a few can get. Its like these ppl that want to help the homeless, but only if a camera is around so they can show it off afterwards...

• SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    For every one of these "stacks" that you earn from these achievements, your character gains +100 to all three primary stats. Keep in mind stacks would only be generated for activities that already have trifecta achievements associated with them, so a player for example would not be able to do 20 easy trifectas from base game dungeons to get +2000 health. These stacks would be very hard to earn, but with enough of them, a master dungeoneer would see a sizable advantage compared to their comrades. In fact, as of update 27 I count 19 total trifecta achievements that one could obtain, which would lead to +2000 health, magicka, and stamina. A small reward for a very large undertaking to be frank.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

You are attempting to create an "elite" class of player that does "ultra-hardmode" and that is simply not in the interest of the general player-base except for a few high-achieving game-aholics.

"... a master dungeoneer would see a sizable advantage compared to their comrades."

Yeah -- we got it, but, no, as in, NO. :s

~~~

We already have a mechanic where you can gain +plus to all three primary stats.

We call that mechanic: CHAMPION POINTS.
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm tired of reading end-game players whine and whine and whine in the forums every single day about something.

At first, it was hell to complete vCoS and vRoM "trifectas" and end-gamers were ultra happy with the skins obtained there, and it used to take like an hour to complete a run (and you needed at least 3 runs for the skin - hm, speed, no death), nowadays end-gamers complete any vet dungeon trifecta in 15 minutes and demand more rewards than when it was a pain completing a trifecta.

End-gamers always find something to complain about.

Trifecta rewards are fine how they are now.

Edited by Dragonnord on September 19, 2020 11:36PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally someone who has actually completed trifectas chiming in.

I have every single dungeon trifecta. Starting with Mountain God back in 2018 when the only in-game reward was 50 achievement points. There wasn't even a title. So why did I do it? Because it was fun.

It's like asking someone, "Why did you do that quest?" Surely they won't say, "For the 600 gold!" People do a quest for the first time for the narrative. For the story. For fun.

I personally don't like questing, which is why I haven't done most of them. But I actually like dungeons. They're fun. That's what I do in this game. And I collect dungeon trifectas--on multiple characters--not for 50 achievement points. But because it's fun. Which... you know... is kinda what a game is supposed to be about, right?

If you're doing something just for the reward at the end and not because you actually have fun and enjoy the process... then what the hell are you doing? Doing something that you don't find fun for a reward sounds an awful lot like a job rather than a game. If you need a spectacular reward in order to chase a trifecta... then maybe you shouldn't. Just like I shouldn't quest.
    Edited by code65536 on September 19, 2020 10:07PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 to Code's post above. On so many levels it is absolutely spot on.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then by all means, show me a PCNA tank who is capable of pursuing trifetcas who isn't already in their own group and WANTS to commit up several days to do even one of these achievements. I've been looking for one for two weeks, but unsurprisingly not everyone has enough spare time to pursue achievements that don't really get them anything of value.
This discussion has been closed.