Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Things that make you say hmm like 100% Warhorn - PTS of course

Cronopoly
Cronopoly
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't even know what to say to newly proposed set even on PTS as someone thought this was a great idea at some recent point...
Obviously the Arkisis set will be changed but jeesh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-ntIxNlniE
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cronopoly wrote: »
    I don't even know what to say to newly proposed set even on PTS as someone thought this was a great idea at some recent point...
    Obviously the Arkisis set will be changed but jeesh.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-ntIxNlniE
    Why?
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    satanio wrote: »
    Why?

I was there years ago in Cyrodiil when the game was hacked and a couple of guys were spamming Ultimates nonstop at the Border Forts.
    That said, to answer your question, while initially potentially funny for 5 minutes, all Combat balance and reason goes out the window if Ultimates are spammable in the fashion demonstrated in the video. All Dungeons, Trials, and encounters would be made trivial. All rewards meaningless as such.

• satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why?

I was there years ago in Cyrodiil when the game was hacked and a couple of guys were spamming Ultimates nonstop at the Border Forts.
    That said, to answer your question, while initially potentially funny for 5 minutes, all Combat balance and reason goes out the window if Ultimates are spammable in the fashion demonstrated in the video. All Dungeons, Trials, and encounters would be made trivial. All rewards meaningless as such.
    This is not in any way spamming nonstop ultimates. Too much effort for the fun build, which in trial group wont be optimal enough. In pvp, Arkasis feeding will be cancer I guess... but again, how do you know who will get the ulti? Were there any tests? In 4 man group it is easy to show, "ah it works, op", since it is built in that fashion. But once we are talking bigger group, how does that work? Closest allies? Group invitation order? Lowest ulti currently in group?
    Too many ifs, demonstration was made on content older than 4 years, that is notoriously famous for obnoxiously large packs of trash.

Tavas (self) ultigen is almost as strong as Arkasis for the group (when you invest in the potion cd enchantments). Without the enchantments, tavas is slightly better.

I simply dont see a big deal in Arkasis, because not any robust tests (that I know of) were performed.
    Edited by satanio on August 17, 2020 10:17AM
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arkasis is great support set for dungeons and small scale PvP but it will be pretty bad in trials for example. I think it is good design, make set really good but situational. Only nerf that should hit Arkasis is to add range (for example 30m) to prevent some silly situations in PvP
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thats why Zos nerfs everything.

OP? Really?
    Can this set break the current Meta?
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Prepare his NB Argonian with infused jewelry with reduced potion CD-
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, I think that this set is in line for the inevitable stealth nerf on patch day.

Hopefully it is just to the range, which is the only required tweak, but we know that ZOS doesn't really do nuance very well.

Keep an open mind to this set getting dumpstered on patch day.
  • bharathitman
    bharathitman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arkasis with Dead Water's + Necrotic Potency is a very niche fun build for dungeons, that's about it. From a PvE perspective it doesn't make much sense in trials where debuff / buff sets play a bigger role. I don't see any harm in having a bit of fun spamming colossus or warhorn in dungeons at the expense of debuffs.

Arkasis however might find its way as a prebuff set for groups before a fight. But as an active set? No
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exept this is utterly useless outside of trash mobs (and some bosses with lots of adds). Even then, sure you can drop ult fast, but it hits like a wet noodle. Warhorn is the only feasible reason for this, except to run this the tank has to drop all group buff/debuff sets.

As for as the Arkisis set, people are flipping out over it screaming that it needs to be nerfed.. Its less ult per second than Heroism... Sure it applies to the group, but unless you're hyper organized (and have way too many people sacrificing an entire set and dropping their jewelry enchantments to run it) its not going to be any problem.

In that video he showed the ideal situation for that setup. If you've ever run the shown dungeons then you know the the mobs in all of those can be killed faster than they were killing them. I don't know what you thought this video was proving, but it certainly wasn't that this build is OP, since its clearly barely viable on mobs (notice that no single target fights were shown).

This is a niche build that can only be used in groups that want to screw around (since it relies on an entire group to work).
    Edited by Tyrobag on August 18, 2020 4:44PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why?

This is not in any way spamming nonstop ultimates.
    Too much effort for the fun build, which in trial group wont be optimal enough. In pvp, Arkasis feeding will be cancer I guess... but again, how do you know who will get the ulti? Were there any tests? In 4 man group it is easy to show, "ah it works, op", since it is built in that fashion. But once we are talking bigger group, how does that work? Closest allies? Group invitation order? Lowest ulti currently in group?
    Too many ifs, demonstration was made on content older than 4 years, that is notoriously famous for obnoxiously large packs of trash.

Tavas (self) ultigen is almost as strong as Arkasis for the group (when you invest in the potion cd enchantments). Without the enchantments, tavas is slightly better.

I simply dont see a big deal in Arkasis, because not any robust tests (that I know of) were performed.

More importantly, a CE hack is irrelevant to the use of this set. Besides the fact that no now will be able to drop ultimate as fast as they could with the CE hack, the CE hack was, by definition and it's the name, a cheat.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a niche set that isn't game breaking. That content provider loves making videos of irrelevant gear and acts like its game breaking. Who cares if you can burn low HP mobs down quicker. I say all the better. Almost every vet dungeon in this game is completely brain dead anyway.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to be nitpicky but at any pull Xynode did all enemies were either undead or daedra - 9 ult per death from Fighters Guild passive. You can almost do that without any set, you can double dip destro ult by yourself in Skyreach for example.
    And in result the mobs didn't die any quicker than ordinary dps build. As an fun option sure but:
    -it won't work unless all your friends do the same
    -it will be less effective without daedra, undead or wws in the content
    -it will be less effective when boss has no adds. The ult charge will work once, but the other 5 piece will be dead weight till end of the fight.

Is the set completely useless then? No. You can put it on Necro tank to reduce the need of Necro dds. With just Heroic Slash, bone armor and mender (and Deaden Pain) you will get Colosus back in less than 30s with this set.

The only real concern about this set are ball groups in pvp, they can now utilize 2 synergy bombs or 2 ult dumps per assault.
    Ult dumps with medium sized group is already a cancer without Negate deleting most of them, a big group with everybody having this is gonna be real chaos.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it works better than meta, nerf it.