The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

30+ hours in ayleid ruins and not even a blue plan

Playboy_Shrek
Playboy_Shrek
✭✭✭
yeah this is a gigantic waste of time, these plans have no drop rate it seems like, maybe they have been glitched in recent patches, but even with tens of thousands of people playing you will often not find one listed in guild stores, its fine to make something very very hard to get, but at this point it seems more likely to win the lottery than to get these plans to drop. again, I literally did not get a single blue plan. I looked at guides from a year or two ago that said blue ones drop relatively often, every few hours of farming at worst. but they just aren't dropping. I spent a lot of time in bonesap and runliayni and its the same thing. i can't get anything to drop. I actually bought the blue ones from guild stores a while ago. they weren't too expensive. obviously the purple ones are just out of my budget lol. but again these things don't seem to have a drop rate the way they drop is probably a lot more complex than just a small number. but anyway
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're aware by now, @Playboy_Shrek, that when any player purchases an MMO-genre game ... it's no secret there's a certain amount of grind built in before they even click "play".

• Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're aware by now, @Playboy_Shrek, that when any player purchases an MMO-genre game ... it's no secret there's a certain amount of grind built in before they even click "play".

at a certain point you stop grinding tho. if I can't get the plans that are way way more likely to drop. then I am not going to waste my time anymore in it. this isn't a grind tbh this is a lottery. its just that unlikely to happen.

30 hours should be enough to get 1 blue plan, they cost 40k on the guild store. 30 hours is enough to farm enough gold to buy all of the 3 blue plans.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, both dwarven and ayleid plans are suuuuuper rare to come across; the only reason I see more dwarven purples in the traders now is because everyone's farming the Blackreach public dungeon for solitude and vampiric plans, and they're getting the dwarven purples in the course of that.

But I suspect that even if a new zone's public dungeon WERE an ayleid ruin and could therefore drop ayleid plans, I STILL don't think we'd see a lot of them, because if I remember correctly you can't get them from containers like urns; they only drop from "humanoid hostile mobs". And the drop rate for them is on par with getting an aetheric cipher.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

at a certain point you stop grinding tho. if I can't get the plans that are way way more likely to drop. then I am not going to waste my time anymore in it. this isn't a grind tbh this is a lottery. its just that unlikely to happen.

30 hours should be enough to get 1 blue plan, they cost 40k on the guild store. 30 hours is enough to farm enough gold to buy all of the 3 blue plans.

You're right. 30 hours is enough to farm about 1.8 mil gold. I don't think there's any point in farming any consumables when you earn millions.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to RNGland!

I know people who have gotten a purple Ayleid plan from the first mob they killed while doing the Undaunted delve daily. I know people who have gotten two purple Ayleid plans on the same day. And I also know people who have farmed it for YEARS and never gotten one to drop.

It may be more economical for some to farm gold and buy it from traders, than to waste time chasing it.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Welcome to RNGland!

I know people who have gotten a purple Ayleid plan from the first mob they killed while doing the Undaunted delve daily. I know people who have gotten two purple Ayleid plans on the same day. And I also know people who have farmed it for YEARS and never gotten one to drop.

It may be more economical for some to farm gold and buy it from traders, than to waste time chasing it.

i'd much rather have the RNG be a bit skewed depending on your luck. if your extremely unlucky maybe increase the probability depending on how long you been farming at that location. its just not fun at all at this point. like damn. ayleid ruins aren't even useful to farm anything else like blackreach at least.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With these rare drops maybe it's better to just farm gold to buy them, though that requires someone having found them and listing them... I wish they would adjust the drop rates, it's been years and dwemer/ayleid plans are still so scarce.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    With these rare drops maybe it's better to just farm gold to buy them, though that requires someone having found them and listing them... I wish they would adjust the drop rates, it's been years and dwemer/ayleid plans are still so scarce.

at least you can find purple dwemers all the time. ayleid ones? 9 million. thats just too much. the drop rates are just absurd. like the drop rate must be something like 1 every 100k hours spent by players in these places to be that rare.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

at least you can find purple dwemers all the time. ayleid ones? 9 million. thats just too much. the drop rates are just absurd. like the drop rate must be something like 1 every 100k hours spent by players in these places to be that rare.

Yes, the rarity drives the prices absurdly high. If you're set on completing them, you'll have to do a great deal of farming either way, for the drops themselves or for the gold. Instead of adjusting rates, ZOS might also add them for sale with vouchers or telvar, and even if it was a huge amount of vouchers/telvars, it would at least give people an alternative way to aquire them (though I suppose telvar/vouchers can indirectly be turned to gold :/).
    Edited by Jaimeh on August 12, 2020 9:53PM
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭

Yes, the rarity drives the prices absurdly high. If you're set on completing them, you'll have to do a great deal of farming either way, for the drops themselves or for the gold. Instead of adjusting rates, ZOS might also add them for sale with vouchers or telvar, and even if it was a huge amount of vouchers/telvars, it would at least give people an alternative way to aquire them (though I suppose telvar/vouchers can indirectly be turned to gold :/).

from what I gathered so far. the drop rates are so low that you simply are going to the lottery when your farming for them. it seems like there is no difference between trying to get them by killing 1 mob and 10k. because the drop rate is absurdly low. how many people are on the NA PC server?. 100k?. a bit more?. how come theres literally less than 3-4 listings of those plans. the number must be like 0.0000000001% per enemy killed.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a business opportunity.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, i think they may be bugged. I have never seen a purple print and I know there are a bunch of purple ayleid bookcase prints. I have never seen any in traders, ever
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked TTC multiple bookshelves plans for sale with only a single brazier. Hmm
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a business opportunity.

Yeah, I'm not against having ultra rare items in the game. You'll have better luck getting an Ayleid purple than a 6th house banner or an Aetheric Cipher. Why not reward the persons out there farming this stuff for us for their efforts? It's exciting to find super rare stuff. I'll never forget the first Ayleid purple I looted.... it was an awesome feeling! And I didn't sell it.... was just happy to have some good luck for a change.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    Update: got 2 Blue carved tables today. about 6 hours or so of farming at the greenshade dungeon.