Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This game is a true treasure and best MMO ever see why

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is so bad I play it 30 hours a week. If it was really good I would have quit years ago.

Actually, I play from 7am to 4pm every day. So yeah.... I'm not a piker when it comes to play time. Then again, I'm retired....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    The game is so bad I play it 30 hours a week. If it was really good I would have quit years ago.

Actually, I play from 7am to 4pm every day. So yeah.... I'm not a piker when it comes to play time. Then again, I'm retired....

So, 9 hours per day. Aside from writs, what do you do?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming from a TES background this game has been my favorite f its type and I have played just about every one there have been. The base game was the best. The overarching story line was awesome and the mechanics that allowed for quality solo play were awesome. Hopefully someday an ESO2 will replicate that.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

So, 9 hours per day. Aside from writs, what do you do?

Wait... There's something else besides writs?!? :o
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanya wrote: »
    What a bs as much its incredible it broke my character and cannot log in stuck , lag connection loss 20 times i m ragging its extremely frustrating [snip] this goodbye

[Edited to remove Profanity]

lol...

I can't tell if this thread was serious or an unusually clever bit of trolling. Either way, thanks for an amusing read.

That being said: I do think ESO is the best MMORPG on the market right now. It's not perfect by no means - but the variety of play it offers is unmatched. It also has the most content rolling in and is one of the few RPG games left that haven't been streamlined in terms of combat and gear. But I also know how frustrating its technical issues can be. I used to have problems after every patch and errors that stopped me from playing. Luckily I haven't had those for several years now though.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 12, 2020 5:10AM
  • Scrollup
    Scrollup
    ✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    The game as it's meant to be, is absolutely glorious. And just the possibility of making awesome crafting/housing, demanding trials, chill questing, and hardcore PVP content - is pretty unparalleled if you ask me.

But it's wrestling with huge issues regarding performance, and outright glitches and bugs that have remained the same year after year. It's making places like Cyrodiil basically unplayable, and if they fix it with intended upcoming changes, it won't be nearly the same anymore.

I hope the performance - and so forth - gets better, this is like the "to be or not to be" of ESO. I know many who have been playing since start, who have been saying like "I'll give it a last chance with this performance improvement plan, if that doesn't do it - I am out. I can't take this anymore". My "IRL best friend" never even started playing this game, because he knows of all these problems. Quite a few people do some research before they start something big like starting to play ESO, if it seems like a waste of time because of issues like these, they'll never even start. This is of course sad, but still true.

I like ESO 8/10 but PVP performance is so bad. The game still have bugs here and there that can boil my blood. For some reason i feel like nobody is talking about it. It seems like a lot of people are not satisfied but just not taking time to make more noise.

It's a great game in terms of immersing yourself in a Elder Scroll world with its fantastic graphics design (although old, ZOS does a great job with landscaping, level design while not perfect but darn good) voice over and music, along with 70% of the stories.

The dungeons feels like a real dark alleyway, crypt, suspenseful etc. There's that one dungeon you in the forest which is awesome design although one of the few pain in the ass dungeon with some *** mechanics one shot.

But I would not call it the best MMO. It has too many QOL that are still missing which drives me nuts along with bugs that perplexed me on daily basis.

Now if ZOS implemented more QOL changes, and the game is bug free along with PVP and the game's overall performance lag/delay fixed, then I would give the game a 9.5 or a possible 10.

But I think ZOS is using up alot of resource to fix the performance issue which they know is the biggest cause of unhappy customers. But I question ZOS decision making because I feel like they always knows what's best for customers. But customers are the voice behind a product improvement.
    I think some decision made by ZOS are fantastic like the game's level sync to current character's level, optional subscription ESO+, is a great way to get people to jump into the game much quicker and catch up which in return have more people purchasing the game.

Last but not least, the Crown Store is nice and all but I will never feel comfortable until ZOS add some of the optional Crown stuffs as in game items to obtainable via quest or in some way a reward.

Extra: The stories are good but nowhere near the level intrigue as FFXIV Shadowbringer expansion. I feel ESO is short on humor/amusement in its world, but that's probably cause its Elder Scroll lore lol. Also character facial features is flat in this game, where as FFXIV has some features that shows better emotions.
    Edited by Scrollup on August 12, 2020 6:11AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to ESO and Tamriel. Glad you are finding so many wonderful things and having a great time.

Be safe and have fun :)
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Welcome to ESO and Tamriel. Glad you are finding so many wonderful things and having a great time.

^ Did not read thread
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong the game is very good game environment wise music and such but there is also glaring issues with the game bugs, PvP problems for those who PvP, PVE now has the same issue when they never did before. Lore wise they did pick a good time as not much is known of the second era as well or numerous as the 3rd era is known. Issue with that they have lore masters that allow the devs to violate established lore of the game that contradict the later games that already spoke of a specific time of the 2nd era.
    Bugs, Connection, graphical problems, balance issues, race issues, and so forth that have been reported multiple times kick the game down from a great game to a game with issues with no real solution or actual effort to address, and fix, mentioning the problem is different from addressing the issue. They said they tries to address the issue with Cyrodill and there solution was more unpopular than ever before, made the issues that where there get into PVE areas, has made the community more angry and upset then before. SO instead of fixing one problem they create 3 more problems trying to fix the original problem in Cyrodill as an example.
    Races and the factions they belong too was done away with the moment they announced one Tamriel release and the Imperial release just to make quick cash destroying factional pride and the game that was actually well balanced faction wise. Each faction had a race that tanked, did magic, and, DPS, all gone for quick cash grab that again made more problems and issues for balance that didn't exist before. Yes there where some but not like it is today, and not by so many either that players generally cant play right for various reasons.
    Racial Lore and bad choices at no point does this make sense Nord never liked the Elf Races yet somehow they are allies yet in ore they never where hey helped one another that was it. They didn't make the Alliance that is in the game. For example, same goes for Kajit and Bosmer they didn't like each at all eitherthey fought each other according to some of the lore books found in the other games.
    These are just a few that players have brought many many many many times in the past that i can mention here, sad when someone tells you hey wanna know the true lore ask the players not the lore master. As most likely that conversation has been done and talked about for many years now and debated many times so the players know it better than anyone else.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    baltic1284 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong the game is very good game environment wise music and such but there is also glaring issues with the game bugs, PvP problems for those who PvP, PVE now has the same issue when they never did before. Lore wise they did pick a good time as not much is known of the second era as well or numerous as the 3rd era is known. Issue with that they have lore masters that allow the devs to violate established lore of the game that contradict the later games that already spoke of a specific time of the 2nd era.
    Bugs, Connection, graphical problems, balance issues, race issues, and so forth that have been reported multiple times kick the game down from a great game to a game with issues with no real solution or actual effort to address, and fix, mentioning the problem is different from addressing the issue. They said they tries to address the issue with Cyrodill and there solution was more unpopular than ever before, made the issues that where there get into PVE areas, has made the community more angry and upset then before. SO instead of fixing one problem they create 3 more problems trying to fix the original problem in Cyrodill as an example.
    Races and the factions they belong too was done away with the moment they announced one Tamriel release and the Imperial release just to make quick cash destroying factional pride and the game that was actually well balanced faction wise. Each faction had a race that tanked, did magic, and, DPS, all gone for quick cash grab that again made more problems and issues for balance that didn't exist before. Yes there where some but not like it is today, and not by so many either that players generally cant play right for various reasons.
    Racial Lore and bad choices at no point does this make sense Nord never liked the Elf Races yet somehow they are allies yet in ore they never where hey helped one another that was it. They didn't make the Alliance that is in the game. For example, same goes for Kajit and Bosmer they didn't like each at all eitherthey fought each other according to some of the lore books found in the other games.
    These are just a few that players have brought many many many many times in the past that i can mention here, sad when someone tells you hey wanna know the true lore ask the players not the lore master. As most likely that conversation has been done and talked about for many years now and debated many times so the players know it better than anyone else.

Performance is a problem, a big one that bleeds across the game but is nowhere more noticeable than Cyrodiil. Beyond that, I don't believe any of your lore arguments are particularly strong here. Even in the game the alliances are ones of convenience which is heavily noted in dialogue and story; they are uneasy alliances of necessity, not kinship nor because the races have respect for each other, they are wrought with mistrust and prejudice. Initially, you are correct, there were archetypal roles per class which were solidified by racial choice, but that also goes against established TES concepts, allowing for the breakout that any race or class can fulfil any role is much more aligned with how TES games play and work, and is a paradigm I'm happy they have worked toward keeping--despite the flaws and a few imbalances. You make many sweeping statements regards lore in particular which you should backup with examples and sources in my opinion rather than just vague mention. I mean, TES lore lives and breathes unreliable narrators; there are books and snippets throughout the entire franchise that are contradictory--real world history is much the same, and in many ways that is what makes TES lore so interesting, it isn't perfect. I've yet to see anyone formulate the argument you make and provide actual concrete example of anything explicitly lore breaking or that doesn't have wiggle room for interpretation.

Edited by mairwen85 on August 12, 2020 7:56AM
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »

Performance is a problem, a big one that bleeds across the game but is nowhere more noticeable than Cyrodiil. Beyond that, I don't believe any of your lore arguments are particularly strong here. Even in the game the alliances are ones of convenience which is heavily noted in dialogue and story; they are uneasy alliances of necessity, not kinship nor because the races have respect for each other, they are wrought with mistrust and prejudice. Initially, you are correct, there were archetypal roles per class which were solidified by racial choice, but that also goes against established TES concepts, allowing for the breakout that any race or class can fulfil any role is much more aligned with how TES games play and work, and is a paradigm I'm happy they have worked toward keeping--despite the flaws and a few imbalances. You make many sweeping statements regards lore in particular which you should backup with examples and sources in my opinion rather than just vague mention. I mean, TES lore lives and breathes unreliable narrators; there are books and snippets throughout the entire franchise that are contradictory--real world history is much the same, and in many ways that is what makes TES lore so interesting, it isn't perfect. I've yet to see anyone formulate the argument you make and provide actual concrete example of anything explicitly lore breaking or that doesn't have wiggle room for interpretation.

was using theme as examples by the way don't get me wrong lore is fluid n game and even in arguments many things that where considered are now not for various reasons don't get me wrong, but if you want examples and me take up more than i did ok but it is your eyes not mine all you have to do is go Imperial Knowledge UESP not final just another good source elder scrolls wiki and read up on it. are the alliances not exact no but some of theme just don't make sense like Nords and Dunmer when the two hate each other with a passion. Is it a convenience yes but one that wouldn't stand any pressure of war. See for the Kajit and Bosmer, I can see the Bretons and Redgaurds due the established lore available but not the Orcs Bretons and Redgaurds though.
    Has there been no real good argument of Lore vs the game yes there has Dragons in Elswyre never happened on any of the official books in game books or even brought up ion any way what so ever on an level of lore till ESO decided to completely break lore. Even the lore that is there on Dragons state that at that time period all fo the dragons where dead in fact the last dragon to be killed was even a controversy, had two names and did two different things in the same time. By the End of the First Era most dragons where extinct little any in the second era but just a few and none of theme ever in Elswyre till ESO put theme there. So there has been good points lore just cause i didnt go out of my way to satisfy you with a thousand pages of proof doesn't mean it didn't happen or isn't true is there room to wiggle yeah don't get me wrong nothing is exact in the series.
    Even the prior lore master stated it was a very controversial subject when elswyre was added as he even stated that there was evidence against the idea then for it at the time, things have since changed and is generally accepted but isn't very popularly accepted with many of the those that the lore a lot better. But yah there is arguments both ways but just as much against it also even the whole 3 banners war is controversial in the lor community as there is absolutely no mention of it in games or on any offical lore books at all will work a list for you that came before the game on lore so i can waste even more pages for you.
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] Requesting character load, 1 minute wait on fast travel ,every single time brings me back to character login screen, ATTEMPTED 20 TIMES
    [snip]

[edited for spam]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 12, 2020 12:20PM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

^ Did not read thread

True I just read the first post, figured the rest was either agree or negative post. Trying to be happy for someone is all. It it was a troll post then oh well, my bad

• mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

was using theme as examples by the way don't get me wrong lore is fluid n game and even in arguments many things that where considered are now not for various reasons don't get me wrong, but if you want examples and me take up more than i did ok but it is your eyes not mine all you have to do is go Imperial Knowledge UESP not final just another good source elder scrolls wiki and read up on it. are the alliances not exact no but some of theme just don't make sense like Nords and Dunmer when the two hate each other with a passion. Is it a convenience yes but one that wouldn't stand any pressure of war. See for the Kajit and Bosmer, I can see the Bretons and Redgaurds due the established lore available but not the Orcs Bretons and Redgaurds though.
    Has there been no real good argument of Lore vs the game yes there has Dragons in Elswyre never happened on any of the official books in game books or even brought up ion any way what so ever on an level of lore till ESO decided to completely break lore. Even the lore that is there on Dragons state that at that time period all fo the dragons where dead in fact the last dragon to be killed was even a controversy, had two names and did two different things in the same time. By the End of the First Era most dragons where extinct little any in the second era but just a few and none of theme ever in Elswyre till ESO put theme there. So there has been good points lore just cause i didnt go out of my way to satisfy you with a thousand pages of proof doesn't mean it didn't happen or isn't true is there room to wiggle yeah don't get me wrong nothing is exact in the series.
    Even the prior lore master stated it was a very controversial subject when elswyre was added as he even stated that there was evidence against the idea then for it at the time, things have since changed and is generally accepted but isn't very popularly accepted with many of the those that the lore a lot better. But yah there is arguments both ways but just as much against it also even the whole 3 banners war is controversial in the lor community as there is absolutely no mention of it in games or on any offical lore books at all will work a list for you that came before the game on lore so i can waste even more pages for you.

What I am saying is, this period of time is very 'documentation poor', shall we say. There are huge gaps in all of it, the reason being that it wasn't necessary for the single player games to have anything more than just skeletal references to it--ESO in this way is ancient history, history that has been incompletely recorded, or lost to the mists of time for the greater part. Look at our own world history and how many gaps there are; we have a handful of events and a rough timeline and many conflicting firsthand reports and incomplete sources that historians have filled the gaps with assumptions, and yet we are also constantly rewriting it with new discoveries and overlooking the blind spots. TES lore is in this way very similar, and as I said, this period, the ESO period is history that is being written by ZOS. That will introduce controversy, naturally, because many players loyal to the franchise will have filled the gaps with their own cannon formulated from interpretations and assumptions for what they believe is true for 2E 583 - 864, and will point to incomplete and vague sources to support it (look at how heated lore discussions get). Which is why so many protestations against things that ZOS introduce are ultimately moot; they can happen and are happening. Just because the future isn't aware of every detail doesn't mean it didn't--especially considering the mess and turmoil. Granted, some events are too big to have simply been forgotten, but it doesn't change the point that history is fluid, even in the real world. And in a world governed by magic and under the constant influence of divine entities, are we really going to argue on what is or shouldn't be? Essentially, lore is a poor man's argument for saying "I don't like X" in the grand scope of what ESO is in TES Universe.

:lol: at any moment the vestige could wake up and discover they were a dreaming skeever in Varen Aquilarios basement.
    Edited by mairwen85 on August 12, 2020 11:53AM
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

After reviewing this thread, we have decided to close it as we have had to remove several posts for baiting. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.