The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

IT'S THE ESO BEST VILLAIN FORUM POLL COMPETITION!!! (Spoilers)

• debesyla
    debesyla
    ✭✭✭
    Sun-in-Shadow.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    2. "Best" for the purposes of this competition is NOT defined as "the one people like the best" or "the one with the best dialogue" - in this case, "best" is defined as THE ONE WHO HAS THE MOST NEFARIOUS AND/OR MOST WELL-THOUGHT-OUT PLANS.

How do you intend to enforce this? People will vote for the one they enjoy most, not try to objectively judge their planning skills. Just realistically.

Also, as long as Zumog Phoom is in there I'm good. ...But I'd also vote for him based on personal preference, not attempted objective assessment. Sorry Mr. Sauce.
    Edited by Raisin on August 9, 2020 2:22PM
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    siddique wrote: »
    Z'maja, she has a good plan and strategy by corrupting the Welkynar and eventually other elite forces of Tamriel. Plus sloads are great sorcerers and Z'maja is just an overall badass.

Alduin, the greatest of them all.

Molag Bal and Mehrunes Dagon have had good strategies. The pesky anonymous hero ruins them.

Z'maja looks like the result of crossing a kaiju with a slug. That alone makes impossible for it to be a badass. ^^

How does it feel OLOREEMAAH
    tdh21Sq.jpg
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • The poitician in Clockwork City who was obviously modeled after a real-world figure.

What politician? What real-world figure? (Alas, my desire to know overcame my common sense to leave certain things out of the forum, but IMHO, you started it!)

I was reprimanded by the mods for making it clear in an earlier post, but there's a governmental leader in Clockwork City who, the first time we see him in a hallway, rants about immigrants. Later, we learn that he insists his underlings praise him all the time. And he has an armor piece named after him with "traitor" in the name, due to his overly close ties with a hostile power.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about Lyris? she follows this one around, asking for help while continually putting bounties on karth's head, just for redistributing unjust wealth accumulations. [snip]

[Edited to remove Inappropriate Content]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 9, 2020 5:48PM
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No villain has been more memorable for me than the games random number generator, it manages to evoke emotion in me more than any story villain written in the game.

The problem for me is most of the story villains don't really stand out that much, you never really go up against most of them long enough for them to feel impact-full.

If I were to choose one it would be the King Kurog, mostly because I actually like the character, yet he never gave me the option to side with him, he betrayed me for no good reason.

I will always hate an ally that betrays me more than other types of villains, especially when I would have sided with them if they gave me the option.

Still at least I did not see his betrayal coming not like the betrayal in Western Skyrim, that I saw coming with the very first meeting, I won't go into detail with that out of respect for those that have yet to buy and play the new chapters story, as for the Orsinium spoilers it been out for a lot longer so you can't blame me if you see it talked about in the forums.

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's still Vivec.
    PC EU
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aedra, daedra, oblivion nonsense, inbred corrupt imperial politicians... none of them matter.
    the aldmeri dominion are clearly the main antagonists in this game.
    the daggerfall covenant arent wholly evil, but that alliance is weak.
    cyrodiil is a wasteland and will swiftly be conquered.

all will fall to the ebonheart pact master race.
    not even a daedric prince has the testicular fortitude to challenge this mighty alliance.
    one tried but our champion defeated molag bal.
    who else wants to get destroyed?
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ayu_fever wrote: »
    aedra, daedra, oblivion nonsense, inbred corrupt imperial politicians... none of them matter.
    the aldmeri dominion are clearly the main antagonists in this game.
    the daggerfall covenant arent wholly evil, but that alliance is weak.
    cyrodiil is a wasteland and will swiftly be conquered.

all will fall to the ebonheart pact master race.
    not even a daedric prince has the testicular fortitude to challenge this mighty alliance.
    one tried but our champion defeated molag bal.
    who else wants to get destroyed?

Let me have some of what you are smoking. Pact can kiss my fragrant behind. FOR THE QUEEN!
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's still Vivec.

2nd Vivec
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you people blabber so much about that war?! Why would anyone care about such things at all?! *mumbles* *gets back into his wizard's tower* *slams door*
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lag hamster
    what's more it wins very often :)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Septima Tharn

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Septima_Tharn

Probably the only villain in the game that acknowledges the vestige's ability to simply not die and had a plan to.... fix the problem.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Inyhel
    Inyhel
    ✭✭✭
    debesyla wrote: »
    Sun-in-Shadow.

I thought they were building up to something explosive with her, but it kind of just fizzled out. Very disappointing.

Imo all ESO villains are cartoony and one dimensional. As far as best antagonists go, I have a soft spot for Veya.
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Little Leaf (and Regent Cassipia, too, I guess), because I felt so betrayed
    2. Lyranth (she is absolutely a villan, even though she helps the Vestige)
    3. Alchemist Ruuvitar, because baby genocide
    4. Kassandra in Murkmire. She's very sympathetic and has a great backstory, but certainly a villain
    5. King Kurog. Again, an actually sympathetic villain, even though he's kind of a ***, with a well-written story arc.
    6. Baron Wylon Montclair, kinda cliche, but. vampires.
    7. Angof. A reachman necromancer, yes, but also super cool
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THE BOTS
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    Quintus Verres if for no other reason to hear the passive aggressive insults from his ex-wife.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    same with Azura..

Lady Azurah would never harm her children, she's the Mother Cat!
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Olauron wrote: »
    same with Azura..

Lady Azurah would never harm her children, she's the Mother Cat!

I guess Chimer were not her children then :)
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Guthix_of_the_Green
    That 'famous' Darkelf writer who does not do anything but talk smack, and we get to push him into a well and lock him in a tombstone.

I cannot recall his name but I love attempting to murder him. Dark elves are definite my favorite race to torture.
    " The trees, the earth, the sky, the waters; All play their part upon this land. May Guthix bring you balance. "
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that one still smarts.

My vote would have to go to the Vestige him-or-herself, The King's Arrow, when they sacrifice an innocent Reachman who refused the brutal orders of his superiors just to open a stupid door, even after hearing tales of that poor Reachman's children.

"A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that one still smarts.

My vote would have to go to the Vestige him-or-herself, The King's Arrow, when they sacrifice an innocent Reachman who refused the brutal orders of his superiors just to open a stupid door, even after hearing tales of that poor Reachman's children.

No. That was a player choice. You killed that Reachman.
    PC EU
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. That was a player choice. You killed that Reachman.

thatsthejoke.gif
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forge Mother Algra, probably. One of the best thought out plans, since she actually used you to do some of her dirty work rather than you fighting against her all the way. Plus, I'm still not sure how much Kurog knew of her plans early on. He probably thought he was doing right (although, so did she. So do most good villains, actually) and was only a true villain at the end.

Now, if we could get a new daedric triumverate, this time with Sheogorath, Sanguine and... someone else like them as the 3rd, could be a real fun plot.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now, if we could get a new daedric triumverate, this time with Sheogorath, Sanguine and... someone else like them as the 3rd, could be a real fun plot.

Clavicus Vile for circus, Namira or Vaermina is you want it darker, Hermaeus Mora if you wants PTSD from a quest line
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark elves are definite my favorite race to torture.

Did someone leave the slaves' shack unlocked?! Was the Overseer drunk again?! Not even they do their job right nowadays... Why do we even pay them...

@Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Sylae
    Sylae
    ✭✭
    Stuga
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in hindsight, I'm worried that people might not know what these villains' plots were beyond the most recent content they've played. Heck, I started playing in beta, so I was done the base zones YEARS ago, so any of those plotlines have been shot down the ol' memory hole. Do you guys think that'll be a major issue? In past I always put the UESP links to competitors if anyone needed/wanted to get some more info on them.

Thoughts?
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    So in hindsight, I'm worried that people might not know what these villains' plots were beyond the most recent content they've played. Heck, I started playing in beta, so I was done the base zones YEARS ago, so any of those plotlines have been shot down the ol' memory hole. Do you guys think that'll be a major issue? In past I always put the UESP links to competitors if anyone needed/wanted to get some more info on them.

Thoughts?

Putting links is always the best idea, but when making the polls it could be wise to put the least known at the top and the most known at the bottom. It'll force people to read the list so they don't pick the top one since they know of them and they're totally a villain!
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also an issue of not being able to make poll options into links. So if they want to read up on them, they have to go where the competitor links are all posted, THEN read about them, THEN come back to the poll thread and vote. :/
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.