The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Disgusted of flying pets and twilights and players apathy

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    Q: How many places in eso world can you craft?

A: A lot.

If it is so bad in one tiny area...can you just go to another town temporarily.

Or you can just put your pet away just as easily.

How is it that apparently I'm the only person in the game who has never had summoned pets block and prevent my access to a crafting station?

Too many people have problem with this to play that card.

Hence my question: How is it that I am the only person in this game who has never been blocked from a crafting station or a banker by floating summonables? The same summonables are in front of me at crafting stations, bankers, and outfit stations, and yet, I have been able to easily access the stations every single time without trouble.

They literally don't prevent you from doing anything. Not one single thing at all.

So how does it affect you in any way if they fix the problem?
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mik195 wrote: »
    Is there any place in the game where a quest would require you to go into combat next to a crafting station? I can only think of when you get caught stealing or Cyrodil. Maybe there's a way to create a cone of silence around the stations, banks, etc. and when you leave the force field, the pet snaps back to normal distance.

Dueling.

I think the easiest solution is that when actually using a crafting station (outside of pvp areas) the station would automatically despawn any summoned pets.

Personally I have never thought other people’s pets were an issue, and I think this “controversy” is overblown, but whatever. If on the rare instances I am on my pet sorc and at a dye station, I would not care if the pets disappeared automatically.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MistyRonin wrote: »
    I don't tend to use pets, but I enjoy seeing other players using them. They never blocked anything from me. Today I even tried with my wife's pets to block the crafting stations or npcs, but it always worked, so I'm a bit surprised with all these claims.

As far as I know ESO only allows two pets per player (class combat pet, and the "decoration" one), so even in that regard it's quite tamed (in Guild Wars 2 for instance necromancers can have up to 5-6 pets following them around the map).

Technically it's possible to have 3, as sorcs can possibly have 2 summonables plus a non-combat. But yea, I agree. Pets have never gotten in my way in this game.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D
    image]
  • Aendruu
    Aendruu
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to adhere to the proverb "If you can’t beat them, join them", and adopted my own flappy-wing pet. I hope Admanen isn't too much of a nuisance.

Admanen.webp
    "So, drinking is a sacrament to Y'ffre... because it's his way of reminding us not to take things too seriously... You know how the other Elves are. Altmer have their crystal towers, and that's how they want to be — cold and perfect. And Dunmer are just like their Red Mountain — smouldering and dark. We just want to have a drink and not worry about it."
    - Regring the Spinner
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect! lol
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bear will prevent you from turning in writs if it is in front of it
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blown away at hearing how some have played this game for years and have NEVER seen pets out blocking quest NPC'S, crafting stations and most definitely wayshrines.

Every other wayshrine I visit there is a handful of pets just blocking the interaction ability. It's extremely annoying and frustrating. It's not simply move the camera a fraction and now you can interact. No.

It becomes a puzzle for how to get around this big bear blocking every angle for the next 5 minutes as the player rummages through their inventory. Did I mention how annoying it is?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is it that apparently I'm the only person in the game who has never had summoned pets block and prevent my access to a crafting station?

Too many people have problem with this to play that card.

Considering this thread suggests there is player apathy towards the subject it does not seem that a great many people are having such issues very often.
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flappy pets blocking crafting stations, NPC body count in Daggerfall and every other bug they can't or won't address....these are all "features that are beloved by the fan base"

The apathy the devs have will eventually push players to other games.
  • Jamie11
    Jamie11
    Soul Shriven
    So some people are saying that the problem doesn't exist simply because they have never experienced it themselves. Surely life (real life, as well as online life) is not quite as straightforward as that. And surely if you have never actually experienced it before then it would make you totally unqualified to be the judge of how people should or should not feel about it? But hey...
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hit k, lift the pet skill off the bar and put it back in place
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been playing for years and I have only been completely blocked once or twice. Typically it just takes moving around. I feel like it's probably not very common at all to actually be completely blocked and that many people have never experienced it.

I think far more often it's just a visual thing like the image above with the player fully able to utilize table but they can only see the 🐻 rear end and not their character. That is mildly annoying but it only lasts a second.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on August 12, 2020 8:37AM
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should be able to add a player option to hide others pets/mounts like other games...

since they probably will never give us a shrink due to PvP, the ability for players to hide others companions should be fine.

Should have been in game, but hopefully someone can unravel the spaghetti in the code and give us this option at least?
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to take this time to remind everyone claiming this isn't a problem that there are multiple add-ons available that specifically address this issue. Or perhaps those add-on authors are full of it too???
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait till you get into PVP with flappy birds and engine guardians everywhere.

Both of them should not be targetable.

Pets should be suppressed automatically in towns.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

I have been playing for years and I have only been completely blocked once or twice. Typically it just takes moving around. I feel like it's probably not very common at all to actually be completely blocked and that many people have never experienced it.

I think far more often it's just a visual thing like the image above with the player fully able to utilize table but they can only see the 🐻 rear end and not their character. That is mildly annoying but it only lasts a second.

This is what I am talking about though.
    Not about using the station it is about I paid for a game to see what I am doing or who I am talking to in a dialog window not somebodies pet. No one is asking for pet removal only just don't show them in crafting/quest dialog windows.
    Now how does that affect anyone with pets other than they can no longer cause problems on purpose?
    Edited by TequilaFire on August 12, 2020 1:17PM
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A truly tiny add-on is available to dismiss pets

One bound key - simples!

I use it in towns and crafting stations and while collecting surveys as they get in my way too

If I'm porting to town I hit it before take off

Sometimes I forget for which I apologise

I can't understand why every PC player does not have it.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If necromancy, werewolf and vampires are outlawed in cities how is summoning daedra considered acceptable?

I'll tell you why, because it's the go to class for new players and heavens forbid they upset the new players, just let the people who have been playing for years suffer. They've already gotten money out of us.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

This is what I am talking about though.
    Not about using the station it is about I paid for a game to see what I am doing or who I am talking to in a dialog window not somebodies pet. No one is asking for pet removal only just don't show them in crafting/quest dialog windows.
    Now how does that affect anyone with pets other than they can no longer cause problems on purpose?

Except this thread is full of people who want pets and summonables taken away in towns, or change entire game mechanics so that sorc pets are on a timer
    Edited by amm7sb14_ESO on August 12, 2020 3:28PM
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    A solution that should make almost everyone happy would be for ZoS to give all users a gameplay option:
    • Display friendly player's combat pets while out of combat: <Yes/No>

I realize they would never do this for non-combat pets because they consider it marketing. However, sorc pets aren't a crown-store item. The only non-techincal reason ZoS might object is the Warden's bear is still a crown store item. So, they might want that one to constantly be in your face.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    I have been playing this game since beta. How have I never been bothered by summoned pets? It is totally a non issue.

If a pet is in the way, I move my camera slightly and I am in. A fraction of a second inconvenience at most.

How are people bothered by summoned pets? How is this a thing? I don’t usually play pet classes either. It’s just so odd to me that people are bothered by this.
    There is many problems with this game, summoned pets is not one of them.

Try using an outfit station and there's a Twilight or Dragon Imp pet taking up most of your screen.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    I have been playing this game since beta. How have I never been bothered by summoned pets? It is totally a non issue.

If a pet is in the way, I move my camera slightly and I am in. A fraction of a second inconvenience at most.

How are people bothered by summoned pets? How is this a thing? I don’t usually play pet classes either. It’s just so odd to me that people are bothered by this.
    There is many problems with this game, summoned pets is not one of them.

Try using an outfit station and there's a Twilight or Dragon Imp pet taking up most of your screen.

Well at this point, most of the time, if I actually need an outfit station, I go to one of my houses. Why? Because most of the time the lighting is awful at the public ones (I am looking at you Auridon).

And most of my characters have their “look” (or “looks”) pretty much set. If I get bored of one I just switch to another costume or saved outfit.

Using an outfit station is something I use maybe once a month at most, account wide.

EDIT: Basically what I am saying is, if crowds bother you, go to a place or zone that is not as crowded?
    Edited by BlueRaven on August 12, 2020 8:03PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still can't fathom people that don't have the problem posting against people that do.
    And going somewhere else waiting through multiple loading screens instead of fixing the problem is not the answer.

Edited by TequilaFire on August 13, 2020 12:57AM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still can't fathom people that don't have the problem posting against people that do.
    And going somewhere else waiting through multiple loading screens instead of fixing the problem is not the answer.

i am posting because many of the other posters here are coming up with "solutions" that are harmful to other players. The suggestion of making pets "illegal" in cities creates much more problems for many more players than are being helped by the small amount of players using dye station at any one time.

Deadra are used by NPC's in quests in cities and there are even deadra vendors in some locations. It makes no sense that only actual players are not allowed to utilize them. Nerfing players "pets" by making them illegal or limited duration, because of dye stations is another bad way of balancing a game.

How about suggesting auto dispelling player combat pets when using a crafting station? It's a simple solution, and I doubt players will go from a crafting station straight into combat. No need for creating "illegal" spells, or nerfing player dps.

Secondly, multiple load screens? Going to a home is one load screen. Going to a town to use a banker and a dye station is also one load screen. I don't know where you are going where you are inconvenienced by other players, but if that place is an inconvenience for you, maybe find a new place? What is more annoying a load screen or someones pet?

Where do I go for writs? Malabal Tor. Low population, easy access craft stations and a bank to post auctions. Yes it's a load screen to get there, but it's perfect for me.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah the devs have cleared demonstrated they care nothing for their players so the pets in crafting station problem still continues on. And even players don't care about other players, I constantly ask people to please put their twilights away but they are so inconsiderate towards others and just ignore everyone else.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah the devs have cleared demonstrated they care nothing for their players so the pets in crafting station problem still continues on. And even players don't care about other players, I constantly ask people to please put their twilights away but they are so inconsiderate towards others and just ignore everyone else.

In over six years of playing this game for more hours per week than anyone should play gaming, it has been such a rare occurrence that someone's pets have interfered with my gameplay that I can see why the devs have not done anything about this. It is not a big issue.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

In over six years of playing this game for more hours per week than anyone should play gaming, it has been such a rare occurrence that someone's pets have interfered with my gameplay that I can see why the devs have not done anything about this. It is not a big issue.

Its not even not a big issue, it is literally a non existent issue.

I was doing writs today. Someone had their pets out in front of the writ board. I was still able to target the writ board *through* the pet, because even tho the pet was blocking the board, it is not actually an obstruction.

I can't tell you how many times I've been to crowded banks, crafting stations, outfit stations, so crowded you can't even see the station or the banker... and yet I can still target it. Everytime. Because pets and other players are non obstructive.

This is literally a 100% non-issue, and that is why I continue to make posts against it, because as was said above, the proposed solutions to the non-issue are more harmful than the issue that doesn't exist in the first place.
  • Valve
    Valve
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Its not even not a big issue, it is literally a non existent issue.

I was doing writs today. Someone had their pets out in front of the writ board. I was still able to target the writ board *through* the pet, because even tho the pet was blocking the board, it is not actually an obstruction.

I can't tell you how many times I've been to crowded banks, crafting stations, outfit stations, so crowded you can't even see the station or the banker... and yet I can still target it. Everytime. Because pets and other players are non obstructive.

This is literally a 100% non-issue, and that is why I continue to make posts against it, because as was said above, the proposed solutions to the non-issue are more harmful than the issue that doesn't exist in the first place.

Pretty much this.

Played over 10,000h since Beta and I don't recall ever encountering a time where pets prevented me from doing something. Ever.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyerx4
    Flawless Conqueror all Classes
    3rd Anniversary!
    Guar Squad
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah maybe for you, it's not a problem. Do a quick forum search "pets blocking crafting" and you'll see exactly how much of a "non-issue" this has been over the years for many players. And like I posted before, the FACT that there are already add-ons addressing this specific issue proves your ignorance of the topic.

Have a nice day.