The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Disgusted of flying pets and twilights and players apathy

Spiros78
Spiros78
✭✭✭
Ok, this situation with flying pets and summoned twilights in cities, has gone too far. Every time i'm trying to get to a bank or to forge something or teleport from/to a shrine, there will always be 2-8 players with either of them or both, just standing there messing with my view and confusing me with their flying animation in my face. Even worse the pets where they won't dissapear from my view when forging like twilights do. It's a very annoying situation which you devs have created as always in combination with most players apathy.

Not that you devs gave any attention to other requests i've made, 2-3 of them clearly showed that you have no respect about our eyes health since you did nothing, but i'll try once again with this case.

I would seriously like from you, to create a rule for such players, that will unsummon such pets and twilights upon entering a city or a forgery and shrines around the land. I'm trying not to bother anyone in any game, and i expect the same from others, but that's not possible, since half of them simply have no respect for the others around them and they think they're alone, and when i ask them to dismiss them in city, they totally ignore me.

Surely wasted time in this topic once again, but if i got this far, it means it really annoys me.

• Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They won't turn off pets and non-combat pets, as those are class based and bought in the store. So they want players to show them off.

They should turn them off visually when we are in the merchant/banker/crafting windows though.
    Edited by Sarannah on August 8, 2020 9:23AM
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be an easy command or key to turn them off. Like the F6 button (PC)

Afaik the only way to switch them off is to manually change skills every time.
    That definitely doesn't help.

Edited by Eifleber on August 8, 2020 9:33AM

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eifleber wrote: »
    There should be an easy command or key to turn them off. Like the F6 button (PC)

Afaik the only way to switch them off is to manually change skills every time.
    That definitely doesn't help.

You can open up the character status menu (C) and right click on the pet under "active effects". That will unsummon it. Not a very obvious or convenient way, but at least better than removing the skill from your bar.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the flapping animations are really annoying. I avoid them whenever I can but I feel like there's so many flapping things in the game now it's getting harder to do.
    Sarannah wrote: »
    They won't turn off pets and non-combat pets, as those are class based and bought in the store. So they want players to show them off.

They should turn them off visually when we are in the merchant/banker/crafting windows though.

Mounts are also bought in the store and there are areas of the game where they're not allowed (like the crafting area in Alinor).

Also with the obnoxious twilight pet players have already suggested that ZOS could sell a solution. If they put an alternative skin for it in the store which doesn't flap a lot of players have said they'd buy it. That wouldn't remove them completely of course but it would reduce the problem.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All combat pets should be summoned for limited time - 2-3 minutes. They are already a bit OP so some resources cost in summoning should help balance things and what most important - pets dissapear without players effords. It's even better option for pets classes because this option don't force to use pet skills on both bars.

If we talking about non-combat pets - every big, flying pet (like imp dragons) is really bad design choice and big mistake. More pets like this will be making this problem even bigger. ZOS really should consider how design of pet affect other players before they release something new...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • TheJTOON
    TheJTOON
    ✭✭
    Necro pets are for limited time and can’t be used in cities. Why not the same for the rest of the classes.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing this game since beta. How have I never been bothered by summoned pets? It is totally a non issue.

If a pet is in the way, I move my camera slightly and I am in. A fraction of a second inconvenience at most.

How are people bothered by summoned pets? How is this a thing? I don’t usually play pet classes either. It’s just so odd to me that people are bothered by this.
    There is many problems with this game, summoned pets is not one of them.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    I have been playing this game since beta. How have I never been bothered by summoned pets? It is totally a non issue.

If a pet is in the way, I move my camera slightly and I am in. A fraction of a second inconvenience at most.

How are people bothered by summoned pets? How is this a thing? I don’t usually play pet classes either. It’s just so odd to me that people are bothered by this.

Years now of people complaining about this problem specifically proves otherwise.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this a pc thing? The way ssem to see it is like twilight are absolutly everywhere but on ps4 its clealy not the case
  • Inyhel
    Inyhel
    ✭✭✭
    Other peoples pets have never been an issue for me. And this is coming from an anti-social solo player who has a ground pet. [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 8, 2020 3:51PM
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It only bothers me when they're blocking something. Other than that it's fine.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Six years in this game and I am not bothered by Pets at all. It's part of the game. These threads about Pets remind me about other threads from people complaining about all kinds of silly things.

Like the thread about players leaving their characters standing near door ways. Who cares? If you are so bothered by Pets in this game how do you deal with real life?

Seriously.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a pc thing? The way ssem to see it is like twilight are absolutly everywhere but on ps4 its clealy not the case

When someone fixates on one thing for a long period of time it's bound to be all they see.

Like when you buy a new car and you think no one else has one then after you buy it you see that same car everywhere.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inyhel wrote: »
    Other peoples pets have never been an issue for me. And this is coming from an anti-social solo player who has a ground pet. [snip]

When pet prevents you from interacting with something, such as a twilight right over the interact point at a wayshrine or that damn bear at the writ drop off, who is the harasser? Intentional or not people will block these points for minutes sometimes hours (yes I know about the log off timer but either it is broken or there's a way around it).
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 8, 2020 3:51PM
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe altering slightly the flying pets animation when out of combat in such a way that if the player stands still for X seconds, the pet then also stands still on the player's shoulder would allay all the irritation seemingly caused by those pets ?
    *shrugs
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is always so enjoyable in a quest dialogue and all you see is pets instead of the quest character.
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I try to always dismiss any pets I have out & think it's somewhat inconsiderate when people don't, but this:
    "Not that you devs gave any attention to other requests i've made, 2-3 of them clearly showed that you have no respect about our eyes health since you did nothing, but i'll try once again with this case."
    Our eyes health? lol
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not playing the game has stopped my pet issues, maybe you should try it?
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed 💯 even my own pets annoy me enough in these situations. The twilight matriarch is the worse imho. I put all pets and away anytime I am near populated areas.

Adding outfit stations to this list as well. Why are other players, pets, and players using skills even visible while you're using one? Nothing worse than trying to put a look together and can't even see what you're doing.

6+ years ZoS, come on already with the QOL improvements that should have been in the game already (second to performance improvements ofc)
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a mod that allows me to dismiss ability pets with a keybind, and I use it. But here's the thing...

For a pretty long time now, the way to dismiss pets in-game is kind of obscure and non-intuitive. And before I found this mod, it was obscure and non-intuitive enough that I just left them running. So even though I use the keybind now, it's often several minutes in-town before I remember to do it... because I'm so used to not having that option. And I suspect there are a lot of players who don't know about this mod at all, and are just resigned to having the things up and running wherever they go.

(And this design feature was, if I remember correctly, instituted in response to a legion of sorcerer players complaining about how easy it was to accidentally detoggle a summon during combat. Which it was.)

So while I find it extremely annoying every time I'm at the style kiosk that my attempt to change the style of my footgear is blocked by someone's dog, cat, glowing dog, flying mini-dragon, glowing flying mini-dragon-dog-cat, imp, clannfear, flappy bat thing or glowing runic bear, I have to admit that dismissing summoned pets is not particularly intuitive and dismissing non-combat pets is even more obscure, since you have to actually sort through menus to get there.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

The Warden's bear is actually large enough that it can create a legitimate problem. We had a player purposely trolling the New Life Festival last year by standing in such a way that parked his bear on Breda so you could not turn in or gather quests from her. People kindly asked him to move and it became obvious he was doing it on purpose. Yes, the answer was to travel away and back again repeatedly hoping for a new instance without him in it, but that's fairly inconvenient.

Also had an issue a few days ago where someone was standing around near the Rimmen crafting daily turn-in boxes, staring off into space. Probably in their social chat menu or whatnot. Their bear had become one with the jewelry crafting turn-in box... there was literally no way to wiggle around it. Tried sneak, tried every possible inch of space from every angle - you could not turn in your jewelry crafting writ. Period. Kinda sucks to turn all your other writs in and then have to travel to another city to turn in the one the bear was sitting on, don't you think? Thankfully, this was NOT a Warden trolling - I got next to them and asked them to please move their box-blocking bear and they did so and apologized. Was glad they moved because I got chucked into their same instance for the remaining 3 characters I was doing daily crafting writs on, so that turn-in would've really sucked otherwise.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you playing from a laptop? I have a 27” monitor and i’ve never once had any issue where the matriarch, bear or any other pet has hindered my view or interaction with anything in the game.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m on XB1 and occasionally it gets a little crazy with the pets. I was in the bank in Rimmen one night last week with 6 twilights, 6 volatile and 2 nears walking around. I thought, you know what, I’ll come back later!

I run a warden myself and put the bear away when I’m in town. He annoys me enough when I’m trying to loot stuff in while in dungeons and overland, but he’s a loyal if not overzealous tank when I’m not ready to go into battle but he makes up for it hitting for 6 digits when i sick him on a target.
    Edited by Everest_Lionheart on August 8, 2020 3:45PM
  • tgrippa
    tgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People should be allowed to use their combat and non-combat pets as they wish, but they should also be allowed to hide the ones that are not theirs.

I do not see this being implemented anytime soon though.
    PCEU
    heh.
    heh.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is really unintuitive to unsummon your own combat pets. That would be nice if they added a keybinding for that into base game. It'd also help if they could be targeted through - like if we could still use the crafting station or talk to the NPC even with a huge bear or flappy in the way.

As a tank, the Monster pets are also really annoying. Maw is one of the best monster sets to use for a DPS, but that usually means that I'm trying to deal with a boss when I have two or three Daedroths spawning right on top of me and blocking me from seeing any telegraphs the boss has. Not to mention trying to do something in BC2, when you try to throw a taunt to a Daedroth only to find out that that's a friendly one - they look exactly the same. It'd be nice if untargetable pets only showed for the summoner, or even make them transparent.

At least the PTS patch notes have one needed fix coming up:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6859486/#Comment_6859486
    "Other players’ non-combat pets will no longer block your view in certain interactions, such as while using Outfit Stations."
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this needs to be taught in tutorial or something

I remember when I first started playing eso, I couldn't figure out how to unsummon the familiar, I tried to kill it and I was very annoyed how he followed me everywhere :)
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I officially ask the legitimate authorities of Alinor to declare as CRIMINAL the action of summoning Daedric companions in our glorious and unfouled cities.
    Then let the other coutries decide for their own if they tolerate such depravity, or if they follow our bright and clear path on the matter.

- Ajaxandriel, friend of all sorcerers but not the brazen ones.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that Sorcs being able to summon pets for an unlimited amount of time is unbalanced as far as the Necro , NB and Warden pets go. Not having to spend resources to keep your pets active is one big reason why vMA is a cakewalk with sorcs.
    Edited by thegreat_one on August 8, 2020 4:55PM
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Side question:

Does anyone have a link to that clip/stream of Ninja614 when he was raging about a warden bear blocking him turning in writs?

His reaction was completely hilarious. :D
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should automatically hide all friendly player pets unless grouped.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.