The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Can" login, but can't load characters

Ambrokid
Ambrokid
✭✭✭
I submitted a ticket yesterday, and my issue persists. I have updated the ticket twice today with no response. I am able to get the launcher running from Steam, launch the game, login to the NA server, and get to the character selection screen. Upon choosing any character, I eventually get to the zone loading screen (i.e., Reaper's March, Stormhaven, etc.) and after a few minutes, it kicks me back out to the Log In screen where you can select NA or EU server. No error message.

I repaired the game from the launcher options, cleared download cache from Steam, and nothing has changed. Please advise.
  • Ambrokid
    Ambrokid
    ✭✭✭
    After an entire day of waiting with a ticket that reads "I can't launch the game" and information that describes the issues as not being able to play the game, I got a response:

After reviewing your account we can confirm that you have received your crowns for the may membership. Were there any other more recent memberships or crowns that you may not have received? Please let us know and send screenshots of proof of purchases.

There is no mention of crowns. There is no mention of membership issue. The post clearly states issues accessing the game. I still cannot get into the game. And as I also mentioned in the ticket, there is no error message, so there is nothing to screenshot. [snip] it would be nice if someone who can help me. This is day 3 now.

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 7, 2020 1:40PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @Ambrokid

It seems that your ticket #200805-004610 has been updated with a new response. Please check your inbox for our latest reply and be sure to let us know if you need further assistance by replying to our email.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Ambrokid
    Ambrokid
    ✭✭✭
    Two posts deleted, yet no response to my ticket...
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Ambrokid

Support has responded to your ticket again yesterday with further troubleshooting to try.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    @Ambrokid Goodluck getting your problem fixed... I've been having the exact same issue for the past 2 YEARS and in that time I was able to briefly get logged on to one of my characters for like 45 seconds.

I will bet your ticket wont resolve anything, as they will keep you busy with things that would seem like the problem is on your side... they will blame your PC, they will blame your installation, they will blame your ISP... heck, they might as well just blame the continent you are on whilst they are at it.

One thing its not where the problem is, is ESO... it doesnt matter if all your other games and software does work.
    Set your expectations as low as possible, thus you won't be disappointed. I've been playing World of Warcraft this past 2 years without anmy problems; waiting for ZOS to get their ducks in a row, but alas.. wishful thinking.

Support will keep you busy with a mini-game called "kicking the can down the road". ;)