The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Anybody else not able to connect to steam?

Danouk
Danouk
✭✭✭
Not able to connect to steam at all. Anybody else has that problem?
  • Aruu
    Aruu
    ✭✭✭
    Yep same problem,
    "Unable to initialize connection to Steam. Please ensure the game was launched through Steam or try again later."

._.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes. i cannot connect to my account either with the standard launcher (bought from eso, linked to steam later, but always still worked with the launcher).
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the game via Steam and via the ZOS store. Haven't played the Steam version in years, though it is still linked. I just tried unlinking and I'm able to log back in. It's weird that merely having it linked would cause an issue. Or perhaps they fixed whatever it was right as I was unlinking.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't launch Steam itself
  • Danouk
    Danouk
    ✭✭✭
    I just check steam troubleshooting and their craft shows only 12k users on when at peak it's 19 millions so there is a problem.
  • Pyvos
    Pyvos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steam is bork. Not ESO specific.

DwSbF0O.jpg
    Edited by Pyvos on August 5, 2020 11:41PM
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had error 301 before getting same problem as OP
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    regular maintenance, it is around 30 min, tuesday but not sure if every tuesday, around this time...

wrong day :smiley:
    Edited by ghost_bg_ESO on August 5, 2020 11:55PM
  • Cravencat
    Cravencat
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, I am unable to launch steam. Based on the Steam game and player statistics page (https://store.steampowered.com/stats/), it looks like the number of people logged into steam has just dropped to zero.

PC NA Steam
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Steam is down. It went down for a lot of other games for me last night- it was telling me that I had to purchase every TES game in my library when I tried to play, even though I've bought them all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/i4g3mk/steam_went_boom_again/
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The amusing thing is, I was just playing ESO and the steam client went down while I was playing- I was still able to play, but as soon as I closed it and restarted steam to go download PSO2 since it releases today, I noticed steam was down. ESO is still playable even when the steam client says "disconnected" So its definitely not an ESO issue, it's a steam issue.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pyvos wrote: »
    Steam is bork. Not ESO specific.

You say that, but I haven't played the Steam version in about two years. Though it was still linked, I've only played the game via the ZOS Store version unrelated to Steam in any way. I got kicked from the game like @CrazYDunm3r (while in Raven/Cyrodiil). The interesting thing is, when I unlinked the Steam version, I was able to log in again (on the non-Steam version).
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The entitlement issues for Steam users across Bethesda titles has been resolved. We will now be closing this thread from further discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.