The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cheapest Laptop That Runs ESO on High Settings?

ZomZom
ZomZom
✭✭✭
And can any laptop run ESO on Ultra High?
  • NicGroover
    NicGroover
    ✭✭✭
    MacBook Pro with AppleCare+ is... $6,977.98 :D
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I paid like 300 euros for mine, but I wouldn't say it "runs" on Ultra High settings. It leisurely jogs. I go with a mix of high and medium settings.

It's some Legion gaming lappy from about 3 years ago. Can give you the specs if you want, but I don't even know if it's for sale anymore, there's probably newer better stuff around.

And to be fair to it, ESO is the only game it has trouble running. Better order your next gaming laptop from NASA.
    Edited by vestahls on August 4, 2020 4:03PM
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • ZomZom
    ZomZom
    ✭✭✭
    To update, I bought a Razer Blade 15 Advanced Edition with GeForce RTX 2080 Super Max-Q. Perhaps not the cheapest that can run on High settings but I'm very happy with the purchase thus far.

With graphics settings maxed out, framerates stay well within the playable range (usually between 80-100). I made a video here but the framerates take a big hit due to the recording. I used Windows Game Bar so if someone has a better suggestion I'd like to know.

The game is absolutely breathtaking. I had been running on an early 2013 MacBook Pro so this is a big jump up for me.
    Edited by ZomZom on August 11, 2020 7:16AM
  • vaderex23
    vaderex23
    Soul Shriven
    I picked up an MSI GL65 Leopard 10SFK-062, and it runs all settings on high at around 99 FPS during peak hours. PCNA. Got it on sale too, so it was definitely a worthwhile buy.