The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So we're going forward with Malaprocs

Neoauspex
Neoauspex
✭✭✭✭✭
Fine. Make your money from the meta chase. But at least balance via counterplay. Put in another antiquity that reflects proc damage every x seconds. Revert the Wings nerf so people can't just slot their procs and sit back and pew pew. Make Eclipse do something again. I know that next chapter this will get nerfed and something else will get added that is mathematically better than everything else, but until then please punish unabated button mashing as a tactic.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont get what's worse in using dmg proc sets compared to using stat sets either proc or flat to buff 1 single skill + ultimate and mash it down...

at least proc sets have conditions or cooldown or both and some can be purged...
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile Eclipse bugged ever since overhaul and dont work against direct damage procsets. :disappointed:
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Meanwhile Eclipse bugged ever since overhaul and dont work against direct damage procsets. :disappointed:

that sucks and deserve to be fixed!
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    i dont get what's worse in using dmg proc sets compared to using stat sets either proc or flat to buff 1 single skill + ultimate and mash it down...

at least proc sets have conditions or cooldown or both and some can be purged...

This has been discussed to death. If you haven't understood now you won't if someone explains it again.
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This has been discussed to death. If you haven't understood now you won't if someone explains it again.

It’s also been pointed out that a good portion of the player base finds proc sets very fun

Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s also been pointed out that a good portion of the player base finds proc sets very fun
    Ummmmmmmm No

The PvP population is abysmally low compared to the past. It’s for damn good reason too.

People want to actually engage their brain and use their abilities to feel powerful. Not have damage come in the form of 3 proc sets on spamming light attacks.

• FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think perhaps you're mixing up "taking advantage of a glaringly overpowered meta in order to stay viable" with "having fun."
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭

On of The problems is, that they all can hit in 1 GCD.
    Delayed burst, heavy attack, proc set, proc set, light attack, skill, 6 skills hitting u nearly at the same time (1 to 1.5 gcd)

Another is. You can go full health heavy armor with infused dmg glyph and 3 proc sets + malacath.
    Slot ur health based heal. And la/spam to win.
    While ur offense is fully covered by proc sets (something like 7~8k dps) all u have to do is heavy attack to sustain and Button smash ur health base heal.

Simply solution:

procs should have a stam/mag/health cost like every other skill when they fire off. Not enough of the resource? No proc.

Procs should have their own gcd, so only one effect can proc every 3 sec or whatever is balanced enough to not trash proc sets. So ur are not able to hit Some1 with 6 dmg skills in 1 GCD.
  • Nerhesi
    Nerhesi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Fine. Make your money from the meta chase. But at least balance via counterplay. Put in another antiquity that reflects proc damage every x seconds. Revert the Wings nerf so people can't just slot their procs and sit back and pew pew. Make Eclipse do something again. I know that next chapter this will get nerfed and something else will get added that is mathematically better than everything else, but until then please punish unabated button mashing as a tactic.

The meta chase is better than a stagnant meta for years? I want to see the years-long meta of just capping out max stat/weapon dmg disappear. This is a good start.

So now proc-based dps needs to absolutely smoked the traditional non-proc dps, but it needs to fold to something like a more defensive/attrition build, which also then needs to be inturn less than ideal against maxsta/dmg builds. I know some people hate rock-paper-scissors(ish) but you can't have it both ways.

Either make the game like counter strike or wow pvp where you just remove gear specific stats completely (just have a gear rating), or embrace the fact that you need a good rock-paper-scissors and lots of varied hard(er) counters.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing you wrote explain in what way it is worse. i mean, having someone with high enough base stat so that he can stick to his rock and heal without running out of ressources ever until he decides to turn back, mash 2buttons and get some faces to the ground.
    Mortiis13 wrote: »
    Another is. You can go full health heavy armor with infused dmg glyph and 3 proc sets + malacath.
    Slot ur health based heal. And la/spam to win.
    While ur offense is fully covered by proc sets (something like 7~8k dps) all u have to do is heavy attack to sustain and Button smash ur health base heal.

finally someone points out that you still NEED to use skills beside your dmg procset (health based only in your mind which wont ever be enough outside of 1v1 situation).

how is it worse to have your survival being covered by high health instead of having it covered by max base stats and regen?

both end up the same, like it or not, those complains are just a matter of taste with random-legit maths tied to it, nothing more.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ofc its fun if you get an easy "i win" button. But anyone investing time into getting good, will realize very soon that instead of improving your gameplay, you can just slot more proc sets. The proc meta will shoo away the remaining expirienced pvp community and leave pvp up for a population that does it for a casual no skill involved activity.

PVP next patch will essentially become overland questing
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling