The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I wanna go semi-full glass cannon MagSorc.

LPCDC
LPCDC
✭✭
So now I am running New Moon + Spinner + Slimecraw.
Fire staff: Nirn, shock enchant.
Mundus: Penetration.
Jewels: spell damage and +magicka. should I go for infused?

I meant semi-full on the title because I am running impenetrable.
Base question: 1) is there any other stronger combination for damage burst than New Moon, Spinner and Slimecraw?

Detailed questions:
Should I replace Slimecraw with 2 unrelated monster set items both with spell damage?

And, most importantly, do u guys have random tips for increased damage burst in terms of gear and or spellcasting skill order?
Thanks in advance.

"In war it doesn't matter who's right, it matters who's left." (Bertrand Russell)
Facebook

Best Answer

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spinners, Bright Throat, Slimecraw, with infused spell damage jewelry should give you the glass cannon you are looking for while also providing sustain. With the base impen addition, as well as many wearing the malacath band, you can get away with running all divines Apprentice mundus. All magic enchants. Nirnhoned fire staff with flame enchant.

Run the tri stat drink if you need a bit more health.

You can pretty much wreck people in this setup. Won't be as tanky as some other setups, but if you want glass cannon, this is a solid approach.
    Answer ✓
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have come to the conclusion that as a dps no matter how tanky I build I die just as fast, maybe I buy one more second before I am a corpse. I don't even bother with trying to build even a little tanky anymore.
  • LPCDC
    LPCDC
    ✭✭
    I have tanky chars, just wanna try something really harmful from a distance, even if it is for a short while.
    "In war it doesn't matter who's right, it matters who's left." (Bertrand Russell)
    Facebook
  • LPCDC
    LPCDC
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Spinners, Bright Throat, Slimecraw, with infused spell damage jewelry should give you the glass cannon you are looking for while also providing sustain. With the base impen addition, as well as many wearing the malacath band, you can get away with running all divines Apprentice mundus. All magic enchants. Nirnhoned fire staff with flame enchant.

Run the tri stat drink if you need a bit more health.

You can pretty much wreck people in this setup. Won't be as tanky as some other setups, but if you want glass cannon, this is a solid approach.

Very interesting approach. I just didn't get what u meant by "With the base impen addition". Also: even as a High Elf should I not run shock enchant on main fire staff? Thanks a lot for ur input.
    Facebook
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All characters now have base impen added to them. So you don't need to rely on the impenetrable trait as much.

You can run shock enchant. High elf won't change the damage potential though. I suggest fire enchant because there are still vampires and they take extra fire damage. You could run the Weapon Damage enchants on your staff to gain more spell damage. But I find the added initial damage from a flame/shock enchant helps with burst a bit more.