The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Greymoor Home Decorating Contest - Winner photoshopped/filtered?

• StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Firstly, I shall congratulate all the winners, and thank ZoS for holding a housing contest with such nice prices. Couldn't been easy to decide winners and runner ups.

But after looking at the winners closely I've found something that is really bothering me. Which is that the Nord theme winner's screenshot looks photoshopped or at least filtered with something. The in game textures and lightning doesn't look like that.

pB9TurU.png
    Posting this for comparison; taken from the ESO live stream twitch.tv/videos/689595274 at 54:20
    Doesn't seem to be any difference to me and I highly doubt they edited it in real time; feel free to go look at it yourself.
    Just FYI, that's the same image. ESO Live was showing off the Screenshots, they didn't visit anybody's home. :smile:

But in any case, touching up the image or using graphics tuning addons wasn't against the rules anyway. And the judges likely looked at the creativity of the concept, the execution of the vision, and the details put into the entries (as they seemed to be mentioning those criteria often during the stream). Even OP wasn't campaigning to have the winner disqualified at all (unless I missed some malicious comments that were later deleted), and as I said they have done nothing against the rules either way so people were just wondering how exactly they got the entry to look like that.

no, nobody asked for them to be dq'd, nothing like that. And I think they resolved most (if not all) of the issues - and I hope our community can move forward in a positive way from this. :) No hard feelings.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caelnir wrote: »
    People are going extremely hostile against something we are doubting. Me personally, still sure there is some kind of filter on that screenshot and screenshot is wider than normal widescreen monitor resolution; which makes it look weird. That's it.

Me personally wasn't even able to attend the contest and wouldn't be attending anyway, there is no -crying- here. And that weird "let's stand up for the winner" approach doesn't make you right in a discussion. If there is something I wrong that I see, I say it, simple as that.

And as a grown up person you should respond and say that you are disagreeing rather than going "omg, you are like a baby, admit it". This screenshot being legit doesn't make me win anything or lose anything. I am just saying it out loud because I hate it when people take advantage of 3rd programs to put themselves over others with ignoring rules. If I feel like someone was not competing on equal standards and that I voice my thoughts about it.. it doesn't make me hater. Hopefully some of you will learn to react with logic next time.

Nowadays it is incredibly difficult to have a discussion without people acting like kids.

Adios

Fully agreed. This is why it feels like I can't speak my mind in the housing community, unless it's something fully positive and/or agreeable. It sounds like we said something horrible, instead of just pointing out something we thought was amiss.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on July 27, 2020 3:13PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People are going extremely hostile against something we are doubting. Me personally, still sure there is some kind of filter on that screenshot and screenshot is wider than normal widescreen monitor resolution; which makes it look weird. That's it.

Me personally wasn't even able to attend the contest and wouldn't be attending anyway, there is no -crying- here. And that weird "let's stand up for the winner" approach doesn't make you right in a discussion. If there is something I wrong that I see, I say it, simple as that.

And as a grown up person you should respond and say that you are disagreeing rather than going "omg, you are like a baby, admit it". This screenshot being legit doesn't make me win anything or lose anything. I am just saying it out loud because I hate it when people take advantage of 3rd programs to put themselves over others with ignoring rules. If I feel like someone was not competing on equal standards and that I voice my thoughts about it.. it doesn't make me hater. Hopefully some of you will learn to react with logic next time.

Nowadays it is incredibly difficult to have a discussion without people acting like kids.

Adios

Fully agreed. This is why it feels like I can't speak my mind in the housing community, unless it's something fully positive and/or agreeable. It sounds like we said something horrible, instead of just pointing out something we thought was amiss.

I read all the posts disagreeing with the OP and others who questioned the screenshot, and I certainly didn't read anything hostile in their comments. They were simply pointing out why they disagreed with you and possible reasons why you came to the conclusions you did. Nowhere have I discerned anything hostile, in anyone's comments.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It looks alright, to me.

I think it's probably just down to different graphics settings and/or the way things look different on different PCs?

If I switch from one laptop to another, the same house can look quite different, with the same graphics settings.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be a little more specific:

As someone who stated that earlier aswell;

1) Look at fish stand's left leg, its stretched out.

Possibly slightly, but it may just be the angle.

The person taking the screenshot (the owner, I presume?) was standing just to the right of Stabby's position, from the look of it.

2) Onion plate's right side is distorted

I have that plate in my house and I have noticed that the onions, on that side of the plate, look elongated like that in-game.

3) Horn on table looks weird with that angle, because it's distorted.

Can't see that myself.

4) Those Solitude tires on right corner are way too big for the items that are standing way closer.

They look the right size to me.

5) Color correction in some spots. Such as fireplace in distance, table in front of it and white fur on ground. (There is no way they can look that smooth in a screenshot)

Colour looks pretty normal, to me, but I could be missing something.

Maybe there is a subtle filter (to soften/smooth the edges), or maybe that is just the way it comes out, with certain customised settings, on that particular PC - but, either way, it all looks pretty consistent, in my opinion.

The texture of those Snow Bear Rugs (which I have all over my Proudspire Manor!) look totally normal, relative to the texture of the other items, to me.

Might be a filter, but if it is it's been placed over the entire thing, in my opinion.

The whole thing looks pretty soft focus.

6) When some items are blurred, some items are sharper to give more depth

Maybe, or maybe that is due to a customised graphics setting?

To be honest, it all looks (consistently) a little blurry, relative to my own screenshots, to me, but then I just slam everything on max. :lol:

If people think it looks good, that way, it's probably because it minimises the look of the horrendously clunky graphics on some of the fruit (e.g. the peaches)...

7) Nearly all edges have that brush effect which is the reason people think "omg this is like loading screen art"

Ditto.

I am %100 sure there is no way you can fit such big angle in a screenshot. There is just noooo way you can go there again in game and take a screenshot looking exactly like this.

I think that is just due to the extended platform - you can stand further back, than you could in a room without a platform, to take it all in.

There is no editing on furnishing aspect but display, whoever won probably combined multiple angles to bring the whole scenery in one frame and used some filters create that pleasing / artsy look. More importantly it blows my mind how ZOS can not see that. It's incredibly obvious.

I don't agree - if there is any editing (and it is not just due to customisation of graphics options and/or other normal variations), it is pretty subtle, in my opinion, so you could see how they could miss it.

Assuming it's not allowed, anyway.

Having said that, I don't think the room should have won on the basis of its graphics settings/filter, or the fact it looks like loading screen art.

That just should not have been part of the criteria (assuming it was).

If ZOS want nice rounded peaches (lol) they should just update the model...
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 29, 2020 4:09PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Adios

Never feel like that.

Always speak your mind.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Adios

Never feel like that.

Always speak your mind.

Agreed, but in today's current climate that's not always ideal...
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, I shall congratulate all the winners, and thank ZoS for holding a housing contest with such nice prices. Couldn't been easy to decide winners and runner ups.

But after looking at the winners closely I've found something that is really bothering me. Which is that the Nord theme winner's screenshot looks photoshopped or at least filtered with something. The in game textures and lightning doesn't look like that.

pB9TurU.png

k2lfrc4jk8vm.png

Posting this for comparison; taken from the ESO live stream twitch.tv/videos/689595274 at 54:20
    Doesn't seem to be any difference to me and I highly doubt they edited it in real time; feel free to go look at it yourself.

It does look different - certain things like the onions, the horn and the wheels (all of which have far better graphics than the peaches!) look sharper in the livestream.

...in fact, almost everything looks sharper.

But, that could just mean that ZOS had some, or all, of their graphics settings set higher than the home owner.
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 29, 2020 4:37PM
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The live stream was just the screenshots that were submitted, they didn't visit the houses.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

Adios

Never feel like that.

Always speak your mind.

Agreed, but in today's current climate that's not always ideal...

Then make your own climate...
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

pB9TurU.png

k2lfrc4jk8vm.png

It does look different - certain things like the onions, the horn and the wheels (all of which have far better graphics than the peaches!) look sharper in the livestream.

But, that could just mean that ZOS had some, or all, of their graphics settings set higher than the home owner.

As someone pointed out to me the screenshots are from the same source since ZOS did not visit the houses. Which is why I got really confused how OP got a lower resolution and why I thought they live viewed it since maybe the original SS taker possibly had lower computer settings.

A mystery to never be solved.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

pB9TurU.png

k2lfrc4jk8vm.png

As someone pointed out to me the screenshots are from the same source since ZOS did not visit the houses. Which is why I got really confused how OP got a lower resolution and why I thought they live viewed it since maybe the original SS taker possibly had lower computer settings.

A mystery to never be solved.

Oh...

So, the home owner must have submitted the crisper graphics screenshot, then?

I did wonder how one would manage to freeze a, supposed, live feed version at the perfect moment, where not only the angle was exactly the same, but the smoke coming out of the chimney was exactly the same, too.

I know the smoke animation is on a loop, so it would be possible, but the live feed character would still have to stand in the perfect position and then wait until it happened.

So, assuming it wasn't the OP, or someone else who did it (and why would they?), basically, it must have been ZOS who added the loading screen art look (or something approaching it) to the originally submitted screenshot.

OK.
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 29, 2020 6:54PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NotaDaedraWorshipper, please can I ask where you got the screenshot in your OP?

Was it from a ZOS website page?

If so, please can you link to it? :smile:
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nevermind, found it:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58543

Mystery solved: it wos zos wot dunnit. :smiley:

Edit: Actually, looking at it again, the OP's one has had its top shaved off less than the first pic on that page and more than the second (of the same house) on that page and is fuzzier.

Still think it's likely ZOS did it (in a third variation), but would like a link to the source of the pic.
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 29, 2020 8:16PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They just like to make the images on all their pages look like that, I think.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For the record, she said she didn’t cheat, photoshop was not even banned by the contest so even if she had used them it wouldn’t be cheating, and this needs to die before we scare zos off from ever doing a contest for us again. Please. With a cherry on top.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For the record, she said she didn’t cheat, photoshop was not even banned by the contest so even if she had used them it wouldn’t be cheating, and this needs to die before we scare zos off from ever doing a contest for us again. Please. With a cherry on top.

I'm just trying to ascertain where the pic in the OP came from.

Why would the owner submit both an original, unchanged screenshot and an edited version of it?

They wouldn't.

So, ZOS almost certainly edited it.

The fact they edit stuff to make it look more like the other images on their webpages, or like their loading screen art, isn't a crime.

So, I don't see why me wondering which webpage it came from would put them off doing anything.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I grabbed it from a housing discord who had shared the winners' screenshots, because ZoS was slow in posting their official announcement. It's the same screenshot, just smaller. ZoS didn't go there and take their own screenshot, they simply showed us the one they were sent.

Do you honestly believe ZoS would go and edit/filter one of the screenshots they were given, but not any of the others? There is no two versions of the same screenshot mystery going on.

For once in this discussion I will agree with Stabbitydoom but for different reasons than theirs and say: Let this discussion die.
    I simply brought up a suspicion I had and opened it for discussion. Because I thought doing such a thing in a contest would be very bad form and deserved to be discussed, even if it wasn't against the rules. I could have been wrong or I could have been right, it didn't matter to me. But several people took it as some hatred or attack against the winner and have been quite unpleasant.

So ciao, and again, congratulatations to the winners whom I never said didn't deserve to win. I've other more enjoyable things to do.

Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on July 30, 2020 4:32PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I grabbed it from a housing discord who had shared the winners' screenshots, because ZoS was slow in posting their official announcement. It's the same screenshot, just smaller. ZoS didn't go there and take their own screenshot, they simply showed us the one they were sent.

Do you honestly believe ZoS would go and edit/filter one of the screenshots they were given, but not any of the others? There is no two versions of the same screenshot mystery going on.

For once in this discussion I will agree with Stabbitydoom but for different reasons than theirs and say: Let this discussion die.
    I simply brought up a suspicion I had and opened it for discussion. Because I thought doing such a thing in a contest would be very bad form and deserved to be discussed, even if it wasn't against the rules. I could have been wrong or I could have been right, it didn't matter to me. But several people took it as some hatred or attack against the winner and have been quite unpleasant.

So ciao, and again, congratulatations to the winners whom I never said didn't deserve to win. I've other more enjoyable things to do.

OK, one more try...

I think you are misunderstanding me.

Seems to be the story of my life, on here - maybe because I use British (or English!) English and the majority here are American?

I'm saying that the screenshot posted here that was, supposedly, from a visit to the house on the ESO livestream (but, wasn't really, because they didn't visit on the livestream) was actually the (virgin and unedited) screenshot the competition winner sent in.

...and then, the pic in your OP is exactly the same screenshot, but edited.

We know the pic in your OP is, almost certainly, from the same original screenshot, due to the smoke pattern (from the Dwemer stove) being EXACTLY the same in both of them.

I do not see any reason why the competion entrant/winner would have sent in both an original, unedited screenshot AND the same screenshot edited to look rather like ZOS's loading screen art.

So, I think ZOS received it in its virgin, unedited form and then proceeded to make it look more like their own artwork, in various different edits.

I'm not sure what is so hard to understand, here(?), especially as some (or all) of the other pics on ZOS's official website have also been tweaked to look more like all the rest of the (rather painterly looking) pics on their website.

...and even if they hadn't, it would be more likely that they would edit the winning entry, anyway, rather than all of them.

It was fair enough for you to bring up your concerns, in my opinion.

However, I do not believe you are (logically) correct in your belief (or suspicion) that the competition winner edited their own pic to look more like loading screen art and then sent both that and the original in to ZOS.

Because, why on earth would they send both in?

...and I don't think this discussion needs to "die", because I don't think anyone here has done anything wrong at all and that "anyone" includes the contest winner, ZOS, you and me.

When no one has done anything wrong, why would anyone object to the truth being discovered?

You're all treating this situation as far more important and/or sinister than it is, for some reason and some of you are refusing to see, what is almost certainly, the truth.
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 31, 2020 12:47PM
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigers, because the more you answer it, the more you put the allegations, proved and unproved, (not just your parts of the post) to the top of the forums, and the more toxic our community seems, the more ungrateful we seem. If you are curious about this, message the devs or mods and ask them to ask for you. I suspect you might get an answer. I have no problem with your intellectual curiosity, but I'd like this thread to die , and if it wasn't for wanting to answer your legitimate question I would have. Please. Please. Let it die a natural death.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigers, because the more you answer it, the more you put the allegations, proved and unproved, (not just your parts of the post) to the top of the forums, and the more toxic our community seems, the more ungrateful we seem. If you are curious about this, message the devs or mods and ask them to ask for you. I suspect you might get an answer. I have no problem with your intellectual curiosity, but I'd like this thread to die , and if it wasn't for wanting to answer your legitimate question I would have. Please. Please. Let it die a natural death.

[snip]

I'm not saying anything wrong and all the, supposedly, "toxic" posts appear to have been removed before I got here.

Also, people who both play MMOs and read other parts of this forum have seen far worse, I'm sure.

I'm all for a kind, caring community, [snip]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on July 31, 2020 6:42PM
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

I'm not saying anything wrong and all the, supposedly, "toxic" posts appear to have been removed before I got here.

Also, people who both play MMOs and read other parts of this forum have seen far worse, I'm sure.

I'm all for a kind, caring community, [snip]

Jeez, I’m no self appointed spokesperson or anything of the kind, nor am I ordering. I asked very nicely, actually, and made the same request as not a daedra, who was not attacked for it. I think I’m no better than anyone else here, and I’m sorry if it came across as authoritarian. I certainly am not “ordering“ silence. If you guys want to keep talking about it, that’s certainly your choice. All I ever try to do is help out people here, not hurt, that’s my number one goal as a human being. So if I somehow hurt you, I apologize, but please don’t paint me to be like I think I’m better than any of you, I’m not. All I’ve ever wanted to do is establish that we’re all worth something, no matter our self perceived skill is. Do what you will, I’ve made my plea and had no plans to even answer again, except that I was painted in such a way. I do hope we get a chance to know each other better because I promise you, I’m not authoritarian in the least.

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on July 31, 2020 6:43PM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts, mostly for derailing. When engaging in a discussion please ensure that you remain civil, constructive, and within the rules, even if you disagree with another user. This entails keep the discussion on topic for the thread.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I said "spokespeople", if it makes you feel any better?

Although, at least the OP was doing it on the thread s/he started...

You didn't hurt me, you just effectively told me to shut-up twice (for no good reason) and therefore, forced me to assert myself, or be (or appear to be) kowtowed.

Look, it's nice you want everything to be nothing but lovely and snuggly, on here, but freedom of speech is also important.

Even more important, if anything, than kindness, quite frankly.

None of us need permission from anyone to speak, or to not speak.

If you're not an authoritarian, you should just leave conversations to flow freely, unless (for example) someone is saying something truly unkind and unnecessary about something someone else can't help.

Otherwise, if you feel forced to shut down perfectly reasonable conversations, you are an authoritarian, whether you realise it, or not.

Albeit, probably, with good intentions.

Although, we all know where they can lead...
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_ConnorG

You could just as well close this. It's giving me a headache.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks alright, to me.

I think it's probably just down to different graphics settings and/or the way things look different on different PCs?

If I switch from one laptop to another, the same house can look quite different, with the same graphics settings.

And this is exactly why these competitions should be pc only and console only. We have no way on console to enhance anything, therefore we stand no chance in this contests. Making a separate category would serve all platforms a lot more.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rrimöykk wrote: »
    It looks alright, to me.

And this is exactly why these competitions should be pc only and console only. We have no way on console to enhance anything, therefore we stand no chance in this contests. Making a separate category would serve all platforms a lot more.

I agree.

Although it is, of course, an assumption that ZOS would never pick a console entry as a winner, I think it is a fair enough concern to have that they might not, due to graphics differences.

So, you should have your own category.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rrimöykk wrote: »
    It looks alright, to me.

I agree.

Although it is, of course, an assumption that ZOS would never pick a console entry as a winner, I think it is a fair enough concern to have that they might not, due to graphics differences.

So, you should have your own category.

I agree and even suggested in the thread for the announcement that they have 3 rewards one for PC one for xbox and one for ps4.

On that note congratulation to the winners. Much more talent then I will ever have. No, they due not look photoshopped to me.

Be safe and have fun :)
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings everyone,
    As this thread has run its course and is no longer constructive, we are now going to close it. When replying to a thread, please remember to be constructive, respectful, and on-topic. Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.