The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

The Perfected False God's nerf has got to be one of the most bizarre changes this patch.

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ol_BANK_lo wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Stx wrote: »
    I mean, considering this set was used in almost 100% of optimal mag dps setups and also was probably the best solo mag set... is it really that surprising that it got nerfed? It was clearly overloaded.

Relequen got nerfed as well.

This was already pointed out a year ago to ZOS. As always, they ignored player feedback and are now surprised that people are mad for having their time wasted.
    Same goes for the Stranglers and BfB.

PFG is literally the mag version of Viscious Ophidian with 1 more max piece, and VO has never been changed. A perfected set should have at least one more bonus to it than a non-perfected set. VO can be acquired on normal in an easy trial. PFG can only be acquired on vet in a tougher DLC trial. What in the world do the devs smoke over there???

It literally is them just being butt hurt that one set gets used a lot. VO gets used situationally and never gets changed. PFG has the one extra bonus it should have for being PFG (and they knew that when they made the set), and but since it is used by all mag classes, they have to nerf it.

Hitting my head against the wall at these devs. Like seriously.

They knew. They knew it was going to be BiS. They WANT new DLC items to be OP. They WANT trials sets to be OP. All they're doing now is clipping our wings, it has nothing to do with true balance.
    Or maybe they didn't know. Maybe they couldn't tell, didn't listen to player feedbackand were SLOWLY gathering statistical date. And are basing their decision on that. Also possible.
    Either way, it sucks.
  • Soullise
    Soullise
    ✭✭✭
    I'm against this nerf as well. It cannot ne compared to Vicious Ophidian at all.

However, i find it funny what your friend did. Why she needed that +1k max Magicka if she cannot do veteran content? Paying 5m gold for 1096 Max Magicka doesn't make sense

Have you heard the concept of designer items? The word "perfected" has value. There's something visceral about owning the best things.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a line of magic. 100 equivalent spell damage. It's a sustain set arguing you are losing damage from a sustain set doesn't work. PFG lossed less than 3% damage. It's a sustain set. Name another perfected set that had double bonuses?
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a line of magic. 100 equivalent spell damage. It's a sustain set arguing you are losing damage from a sustain set doesn't work. PFG lossed less than 3% damage. It's a sustain set. Name another perfected set that had double bonuses?

Gladly.

Perfected Yandir’s Might

(2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Gain Minor Slayer at all times, increasing your damage done to Dungeon, Trial, and Arena Monsters by 5%.
    (4 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (5 items) Adds 1487 Physical Penetration
    (5 items)Adds 74 Weapon Damage
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 28, 2020 3:58PM
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gladly.

Perfected Yandir’s Might

(3 items) Gain Minor Slayer at all times, increasing your damage done to Dungeon, Trial, and Arena Monsters by 5%.

Please be joking lmao that awesome.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS and others here don't understand the outrage behind the change lies with the fact that the game is not properly balanced at a fundamental level. Such a change looks like it doesn't matter on the surface, but matters more than people can actually imagine depending on the build using said set...

Well, that's why they shouldn't have introduced it in its previous form in the first place...
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gladly.

Perfected Yandir’s Might

I mean, those are the stats. And Yandir is an appropriately balanced set, unlike False Gods now. I think it’s stupid to try to use number of bonuses as a comparison though, the magnitude and stat density is the only thing that matters.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By number of bonuses, Treasure Hunter, Rattlecage, Toothrow, Dreugh King Slayer, Shadow Dancer, and Night Mother's Embrace are all super strong, and Armor of the Trainee is OP. None of that is actually true because the actual nature of the bonus matters.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gladly.

Perfected Yandir’s Might

I mean, those are the stats. And Yandir is an appropriately balanced set, unlike False Gods now. I think it’s stupid to try to use number of bonuses as a comparison though, the magnitude and stat density is the only thing that matters.

Jesus you weren't joking. That's the five piece effect.
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on July 28, 2020 11:34PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-