The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolf behemoth skills (pts spoilers)

Ryuvain
Ryuvain
✭✭✭✭✭
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qxKoBd72yfs

Just found an uploaded video about the skills it has. Imo they should seriously consider making it normally playable for werewolves.

It could be an alternate ultimate that's only unlocked after mastering werewolf. You still get the original and then you get this version. You can only use 1 since they both take the ultimate slot.

Just raising awareness on how cool this would be playable.
That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is AWESOME! :D

I am so excited for this dungeon. I was afraid that the Behemoth would be a deeps thing, but the first skill is a taunt. I am totally tanking this dungeon as Balorgh. I can't wait to get to try this one!

Awesome job, devs! This is one of the coolest mechanics I've seen in any dungeon so far.

I haven't got the PTS to look at it myself yet, but I think I just found my new favorite dungeon.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is AWESOME! :D

I am so excited for this dungeon. I was afraid that the Behemoth would be a deeps thing, but the first skill is a taunt. I am totally tanking this dungeon as Balorgh. I can't wait to get to try this one!

Awesome job, devs! This is one of the coolest mechanics I've seen in any dungeon so far.

I haven't got the PTS to look at it myself yet, but I think I just found my new favorite dungeon.

It was instantly my favorite the moment I found out on stream lol. Now can we make this normally playable? That's my dream.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So how much DPS could one achieve in this form?

• Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how much DPS could one achieve in this form?

Pretty hard to test as it's only about 20 seconds, but it doesn't seem like a downgrade at all when I transformed. I'd consider it balanced if it made it to pvp even. Long startup time and high damage, but low mobility.
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »

Just found an uploaded video about the skills it has. Imo they should seriously consider making it normally playable for werewolves.

It could be an alternate ultimate that's only unlocked after mastering werewolf. You still get the original and then you get this version. You can only use 1 since they both take the ultimate slot.

If werewolves get something like this then vamps should get vamp lords IMO.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SlimeBro1 wrote: »

I'd easily agree to that deal. Its just that behemoth is already so close. Vamp lord would need to have all new skills being made with it.
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd easily agree to that deal. Its just that behemoth is already so close. Vamp lord would need to have all new skills being made with it.

Yes! I for one would love new skills with the vampire lord.

Why not have both the blood scion and werewolf behemoth be ult options in their respective skill lines? But only one can be equipped at once. So either blood scion or vamp lord for vamps and werewolf or behemoth for werewolves.

Boom, both sides are happy.

At the very least I think both ultimates should be earnable in someway.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not have both the blood scion and werewolf behemoth be ult options in their respective skill lines? But only one can be equipped at once. So either blood scion or vamp lord for vamps and werewolf or behemoth for werewolves.

I did say that behemoth should only be usable as an alternate ult by attaining lycanthropy master. Vamp could do the same with lord. Would honestly love to see both playable.
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭

I did say that behemoth should only be usable as an alternate ult by attaining lycanthropy master. Vamp could do the same with lord. Would honestly love to see both playable.

That'd be very cool!!

It gives vamps/werewolves something meaningful to earn.
  • nemvar
    nemvar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way I see them adding this anywhere is as a daedric artifact in PvP. Probably ring of hircine.

The current values are, ehrm... not balanced for any content, except the final boss of this dungeon.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nemvar wrote: »
    The only way I see them adding this anywhere is as a daedric artifact in PvP. Probably ring of hircine.

The current values are, ehrm... not balanced for any content, except the final boss of this dungeon.

Values don't have to be exactly the same. What matters is that 99% of It's gameplay is already done. They can literally just tweak a few things and it's playable.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is this such a coherent, cool skill line in a one-off dungeon when they struggle to do the same for all classes and vampires?
    Revolving around cooldowns in a cooldown-less game makes this such a unique mechanic.

I wish they would add this as werebears in some fashion. The brutal, slow and heavy-hitting nature of these skills doesn't fit with Hircine's style for werewolves, which is agile, fast and furious.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, but not in form of potion... that is possibly worst possible implantation, as you basically don't need to be a Werewolf in a 1st place. You just use potion, and poof ! Werewolf Behemoth...
    (Imagine for example: Vampire Lord Potions) :#

I do sincerely hope that this WW potion will stay as a dungeon mechanic and we won't have it this "potions" in overland content.

Best way (and it seems that players were asking mostly for that) would be to add WW behemoth / Vampire lord as a 3rd ulti morph or something like that. Not new skill line, but extension of existing Werewolf / Vampire skill lines.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Why is this such a coherent, cool skill line in a one-off dungeon when they struggle to do the same for all classes and vampires?
    Revolving around cooldowns in a cooldown-less game makes this such a unique mechanic.

I wish they would add this as werebears in some fashion. The brutal, slow and heavy-hitting nature of these skills doesn't fit with Hircine's style for werewolves, which is agile, fast and furious.

Does seem a little suspicious how hard it was worked on. Also they're altered werewolves akin to vamp lords in a way, so them being powerful makes sense. Wouldn't mind adding werebears.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does seem a little suspicious how hard it was worked on. Also they're altered werewolves akin to vamp lords in a way, so them being powerful makes sense. Wouldn't mind adding werebears.
    IIRC, they were created through experiments by Vykosa, right? Point being, they are different from Hircine's gift, so I don't think they should be part of the normal Werewolf skill line.
    Vampire Lord lore is kind of murky right now, not really sure why they chose to give us Lamae's knock-off Blood Scion version instead of proper Vamp Lords. Maybe because Vampire Lords are gifted their power directly from Molag Bal and he's the antagonist of the whole game? Well, they could figure out a way to give us cool stuff if they wanted to, I'm sure.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IIRC, they were created through experiments by Vykosa, right? Point being, they are different from Hircine's gift, so I don't think they should be part of the normal Werewolf skill line.
    Vampire Lord lore is kind of murky right now, not really sure why they chose to give us Lamae's knock-off Blood Scion version instead of proper Vamp Lords. Maybe because Vampire Lords are gifted their power directly from Molag Bal and he's the antagonist of the whole game? Well, they could figure out a way to give us cool stuff if they wanted to, I'm sure.

With how potions are so easy to make, it wouldn't be a stretch at all to have werewolves gain the form. Vykosa and this new boss both just enhanced a werewolf and boom.

At least Vykosa's way made way more sense. It was simply an enhancement and not something given to literally anyone.

Also, funny how you say vamps got blood scion. Lamae herself claims she made them by enhancing her blood, exactly how werewolf behemoths from Vykosa were done.
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭

It is really wack. Because one could say Lamae, through Alchemy, learned how to make her own vampire lords. I don't know why she'd choose a wingless form that looks almost exactly like molag bal.

Imo it doesn't make sense why we can't become vampire lords. She's very powerful. She's also a literal daughter of coldharbor.
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭

With how potions are so easy to make, it wouldn't be a stretch at all to have werewolves gain the form. Vykosa and this new boss both just enhanced a werewolf and boom.

At least Vykosa's way made way more sense. It was simply an enhancement and not something given to literally anyonecoli dolso, funny how you say vamps got blood scion. Lamae herself claims she made them by enhancing her blood, exactly how werewolf behemoths from Vykosa were done.

I do find it kind of sketchy how much work went into making werewolf behemoth.

They made 6 new abilities with descriptions, artwork, and everything.

Here's a tinfoil hat thought:

What if very early in development of Greymoor vamps were going to be vamp lords and werewolves were going to unlock the Behemoth? The fact that there are male and female models of the vamp lord, plus how similar it is to the blood scion model, plus the fact that they showed off the exact blood scion transformation animation in the story except it was a guy turning into a vamp lord, PLUS the fact the vamp tutorial quest still calls you a vampire lord: this all leads me to believe at one point in development, we were going to be vamp lords.

Werewolves probably didn't get the behemoth form because vamps didn't get the lord form and they knew people would screech about it. My question is: why waste two perfectly good models and skill sets? Even the vampire lord NPCs have an array of unique skills that would make a complete tool kit. Blood spear, vampiric grip, bat swarm dash, big bat AoE summon, and even this one ability that lets you go inside a target as a swarm of bats.

It's obvious players want this stuff. So....let us have it? What's the issue?

The world only has 1 player character in it anyways, so us being a vampire lord WOULD be 100% possible in lore. Plus vamp lords clearly aren't as rare as dragons. We fight tons of them in greymoor and even a normal dude gets turned into one.

Also again: we are literally turned by the first vampire. An actual daughter of coldharbor. She has the power to make us vamp lords much akin to how harkon made us vamp lords. There's no reason for her not to.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

At least Vykosa's way made way more sense. It was simply an enhancement and not something given to literally anyonecoli dolso, funny how you say vamps got blood scion. Lamae herself claims she made them by enhancing her blood, exactly how werewolf behemoths from Vykosa were done.

What if very early in development of Greymoor vamps were going to be vamp lords and werewolves were going to unlock the Behemoth? The fact that there are male and female models of the vamp lord, plus how similar it is to the blood scion model, plus the fact that they showed off the exact blood scion transformation animation in the story except it was a guy turning into a vamp lord, PLUS the fact the vamp tutorial quest still calls you a vampire lord: this all leads me to believe at one point in development, we were going to be vamp lords.

Werewolves probably didn't get the behemoth form because vamps didn't get the lord form and they knew people would screech about it. My question is: why waste two perfectly good models and skill sets? Even the vampire lord NPCs have an array of unique skills that would make a complete tool kit. Blood spear, vampiric grip, bat swarm dash, big bat AoE summon, and even this one ability that lets you go inside a target as a swarm of bats.

The world only has 1 player character in it anyways, so us being a vampire lord WOULD be 100% possible in lore. Plus vamp lords clearly aren't as rare as dragons. We fight tons of them in greymoor and even a normal dude gets turned into one.

Also again: we are literally turned by the first vampire. An actual daughter of coldharbor. She has the power to make us vamp lords much akin to how harkon made us vamp lords. There's no reason for her not to.

They are far rarer then Dragons and this normal dude you speak of was the High King of Western Skyrim, those Gray Host Vampire Lords all are being resurrscted from the first era and odds are it is the same one who appears in Harrowstorms.
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭

They are far rarer then Dragons and this normal dude you speak of was the High King of Western Skyrim, those Gray Host Vampire Lords all are being resurrscted from the first era and odds are it is the same one who appears in Harrowstorms.

Prove it.

Go on, show me where it says they are rarer than dragons. Until you offer up evidence, you're wrong. Because I have evidence that they're pretty around during greymoor. Also how do you know that vamp lord is the same one each time? Got proof of that?

• Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Prove it.

Go on, show me where it says they are rarer than dragons. Until you offer up evidence, you're wrong. Because I have evidence that they're pretty around during greymoor. Also how do you know that vamp lord is the same one each time? Got proof of that?

Tbh it feels like theyre both decently seen in this age. Unrelated, but the vamp lords have some amazing looking moves.
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭

Prove it.

Tbh it feels like theyre both decently seen in this age. Unrelated, but the vamp lords have some amazing looking moves.

Exactly. So why can't we be one? We're already part of the psijiic order.

And EXACTLY x2, the vampire lords have amazing looking moves that make me cry every time I see them. I want to DO that. ;-;
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just here to support a new satisfying werewolf being playable. lol
    Kory wrote: »
    What would it take to convince the developers/artists to remake the design of the playable werewolf? With the Wolfhunter dlc, it adds really cool werewolves and the player is stuck with an old, one could say outdated design. Not hating it, but I would love a satisfying new look. A new look such as the Balorgh werewolf.
    That bigger tattooed werewolf
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6QXp3vWyUk

Hey ask not want not :smile: As a sort of new player I see they have done a great job with the customization options you could do, and I'm not really seeing this as something impossible or too taxing to do. I mean why not?
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would it take to convince the developers/artists to remake the design of the playable werewolf? With the Wolfhunter dlc, it adds really cool werewolves and the player is stuck with an old, one could say outdated design. Not hating it, but I would love a satisfying new look. A new look such as the Balorgh werewolf.

Hey ask not want not :smile: As a sort of new player I see they have done a great job with the customization options you could do, and I'm not really seeing this as something impossible or too taxing to do. I mean why not?

Whether they know it or not, they hit a gold mine here. Making it this close to playable means they only have to do bare minimum work to implement it now. Things are looking good.

Random thought, what if they had the shadow hunt ability from Balorgh? That move was awe inducing to see during his fight. Everything goes dark and all you see are his blood red eyes. So awesome.
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭

Whether they know it or not, they hit a gold mine here. Making it this close to playable means they only have to do bare minimum work to implement it now. Things are looking good.

Random thought, what if they had the shadow hunt ability from Balorgh? That move was awe inducing to see during his fight. Everything goes dark and all you see are his blood red eyes. So awesome.

Yeah I would love that. It would probably be something to a lesser degree as far as affecting the entire area of combat. But the glowing red eyes is definitely something I think the werewolf could have as a visual affect of some similar ability.

On the other hand, most or all of Balorgh moves can be used by the player, and as per usual players give feedback on everything about it. It's all there like you say, and it looks good to me. I would give it the green light if I was the developer.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I would love that. It would probably be something to a lesser degree as far as affecting the entire area of combat. But the glowing red eyes is definitely something I think the werewolf could have as a visual affect of some similar ability.

On the other hand, most or all of Balorgh moves can be used by the player, and as per usual players give feedback on everything about it. It's all there like you say, and it looks good to me. I would give it the green light if I was the developer.

Will have to wait for the actual release so everyone is aware of it being playable. Im definitely going to keep up awareness then so hopefully they consider it. This form is way too cool to sit in only 1 dungeon that will be forgotten eventually.