The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Bahraha's Curse Typo in PTS Notes?

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Bahraha's Curse:
  • Increased the damage done by this set to 960, up from 860.
  • Increased the proc chance to 25%, up from 10%.
  • Reduced the snare potency to 60%, down from 70%.

Bahraha's Curse already has a 25% proc chance on live. Was this supposed to say that the proc chance was removed?
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    Bahraha's Curse:

Bahraha's Curse already has a 25% proc chance on live. Was this supposed to say that the proc chance was removed?

It's not just the proc chance (non)change that is confusing about this note. It doesn't mention that a cooldown, a limit (of 1 instance), and a radius of effect have all been placed on the proc in the PTS version. I'm not complaining. I suspect the set was/is slightly overpowered on Live. However, it would be nice to have the actual changes (and the reasoning) accurately reflected in the patch notes when it goes live---would that be possible, @ZOS_GinaBruno? I'm sure the omission was an oversight, perhaps a copy paste error on a dev's part.

Here are shots of the Live and PTS versions:

Live zxfvragxas03.png

PTS t53jjadpujz4.png

Edited by StytchFingal on August 11, 2020 2:26PM
  • Andraste
    Andraste
    ✭✭
    > It's not just the proc chance (non)change that is confusing about this note. It doesn't mention that a cooldown, a limit (of 1 instance), and a radius of effect have all been placed on the proc in the PTS version. I'm not complaining. I suspect the set was/is slightly overpowered on Live.

The Live version already has a radius and a cooldown (seems to be the same as its duration), and a limit of 1. You can't rapidly spawn procs of it on live, it just isn't mentioned in the item description.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    Andraste wrote: »
    > It's not just the proc chance (non)change that is confusing about this note. It doesn't mention that a cooldown, a limit (of 1 instance), and a radius of effect have all been placed on the proc in the PTS version. I'm not complaining. I suspect the set was/is slightly overpowered on Live.

The Live version already has a radius and a cooldown (seems to be the same as its duration), and a limit of 1. You can't rapidly spawn procs of it on live, it just isn't mentioned in the item description.

Sorry, I believe you are mistaken. I have screenshots from a few months back somewhere here. I'll post them when/if I find them.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭

Two screens shots of Bahara's proccing in two separate places. 7mvmj57a137j.png

558sngo135kk.png

Edited by StytchFingal on August 12, 2020 12:17AM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3.5 meters similar sets have 10 meter radius
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Two screens shots of Bahara's proccing in two separate places. 7mvmj57a137j.png

558sngo135kk.png

Good Lord...how do you see anything in the game with all that up there? (ha)
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    I_am_Groot wrote: »

Good Lord...how do you see anything in the game with all that up there? (ha)

I know, right?! It's sad, but I'm so used to it the screen feels naked without it. :(
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe you can proc a new circle as the old one is disappearing, so you can see two briefly at one time. I've used this set quite a bit and have never seen anything more than this. If there were no limit, you would see an insane number of circles (as well as damage) whenever you attacked into a large pack of mobs. This is not the case. Generally one circle at a time with a small amount of visual overlap.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're probably right. I don't believe I can recall ever seeing more than than two at one time.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bahraha's Curse:

It's not just the proc chance (non)change that is confusing about this note. It doesn't mention that a cooldown, a limit (of 1 instance), and a radius of effect have all been placed on the proc in the PTS version. I'm not complaining. I suspect the set was/is slightly overpowered on Live. However, it would be nice to have the actual changes (and the reasoning) accurately reflected in the patch notes when it goes live---would that be possible, @ZOS_GinaBruno? I'm sure the omission was an oversight, perhaps a copy paste error on a dev's part.

Live zxfvragxas03.png

PTS t53jjadpujz4.png

Patch notes say damage is increased but the screenshots show slightly lower damage?
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its so ineffective it does zero damage and healing in pvp as no one would stay in it for even 1 second. Radius too small compared to other ground aoe sets.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    Bahraha's Curse:

Live zxfvragxas03.png

PTS t53jjadpujz4.png

Patch notes say damage is increased but the screenshots show slightly lower damage?

I think I took the live shot on a mag toon, and the pts shot on a stam. Might explain the difference.