The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Women of the forum, spin me a yarn about love

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Do you have a boyfriend/husband/girlfriend/wife that plays games with you? How did you meet? What do you play together? Do your toons look like you, or do you play another gender? I'm a woman, I'm feeling maudlin, and I just want to hear about some romance. <3

EDIT: Yes, men can share, too.
Edited by SickleCider on July 9, 2020 7:49PM
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I used to play this game all of the time. We were focused on end game content and we would carry people through dungeons and trials for skins and personalities. Now we just play together whatever catches our attention these days

Until ESO releases a try hard/sweaty skin, then no, we don't look anything like our characters :#

She rolls around as a creepy old and shirtless sugar daddy impressing all of the ladies with his vast fortune. I usually roll around in whatever cute Breton or Dumner she creates for me. <3
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play with my boyfriend, we met outside of gaming, but we both love mmo's. I was super into WOW and he was into SWTOR. We tried eachothers games off and on for years trying to find one we both liked so we could play together, and just couldn't get into the others game so we just made the switch to ESO a few months ago and so far love it.
    He plays a tank and I play a healer (usually) so it makes coordinating mechanics pretty easy since we can talk them though in person.

Edit to add- "talk them through" usually means yelling obscenity at each other because he lost aggro or I missed a heal, which is funny because we are both quiet and non-confrontational out side of games.

I unintentionally made my main an in shape clone of myself, I just wanted her to have red hair because playing a "Valkyrie" was the only way I could play a holy justice templar and get into it, and my boyfriend mains an argonian, so yeah our characters look just like us lol :D
    Edited by Athyrium93 on July 9, 2020 5:12PM
  • RobDaCool
    RobDaCool
    ✭✭✭
    My wife no longer plays games. Which is odd considering she was the person that got me into gaming.

The last game we played together was Star Wars Galaxies.
    PS4 NA -RobdacoolV2
  • Nightowl_74
    Nightowl_74
    ✭✭✭
    My husband and I play FFXIV but since ESO has separate servers for pc and console we don't play this one together. We met on the way to a White Zombie concert in 1995, he was a friend of a friend and the only one with a car to get us all there. Now we have a daughter who's old enough to drive this year!

He plays an Au Ra male, which if you're unfamiliar with the game is a tall humanoid race with horns, and my main is a petite catgirl. I did point out once that our height difference in-game isn't terribly far off from real life but that's the beginning and end of any similarities. Years ago in FFXI we were invested in endgame content but we don't play that one anymore and these days we gravitate more toward stuff we can duo or that our group can accomplish without too much fuss. He buys me minions that I think are cute because he knows I'm a cheapskate and left to myself I'd just admire other people's, forever, and I craft things for him because he doesn't enjoy crafting at all.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My hubby and I have both pretty much always been gamers, and ever since we've been together (11 years now <3 ) we've also played together whenever we could. Stuff that you can actually couch co-op, like the Divinity games or Borderlands for example, but also certain single-player games where we'll just take turns (although we don't do that whenever it comes to the Soulsborne series or similar games, because we would kill each other before we could agree on a build :D ). ESO, though, is not something we'll ever play together, because for some reason my husband is just not interested at all in MMOs, even though he likes TES in general.

Ah, well... doesn't really matter to me, I'm quite happy having ESO to myself, actually, and not sharing absolutely everything. I'm totally fine playing ESO while he watches a football game (which is pretty much the equivalent for me in that whenever he talks about football, I'm all like: "Uh-huh... aha... okay... oh, great... yeah, very interesting, keep talking..."). So, yeah, to each their own, I guess ;)
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My partner and I play ESO together, but it's not particularly romantic. I mainly scream at him in dungeons, 'Who's tanking this disaster!' and 'Try holding aggro YOU SPANNER!' (clean version) etc. He has a cute little wood elf character too and often gets hit on at dolmens which is hilarious, he even got an in-game email once from a potential suitor. I wish I could have told them they were chatting-up a chubby middle-aged man :lol:
    PC EU & NA
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yeah, and my toons (no matter which game) never look anything like me. I do tend to play a woman first, but I'll just try to make her look interesting in some way, somehow out of the ordinary, without bordering on really weird, and I'll also try to make every character I create somehow distinctive looking, unlike anyone I've created before. The second time around I'll usually create a man, whose look will depend on whatever I feel like roleplaying at the time. My ESO-toons (8 at the moment) are actually exactly 4 men and 4 women. Not really because I planned it that way, but more because... I just have a certain feeling when I create a new character about what kind of a person they will be, which includes their gender.

I gotta admit, though, that my bald, very bearded Orc Stamsorc is probably my favourite in terms of looks. He has this "Kratos" vibe going, which really appeals to me, so, yeah. :D

(Edited much later for some really weird grammar that jumped at me and that I couldn't let slide, lol).
    Edited by CassandraGemini on July 9, 2020 5:58PM
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We play lots of games together, Divinity: Original Sin series, Titan Quest, Grim Dawn are the latest. He isn't really into MMO's in general and tried ESO but it wasn't for him but we play other games together.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is more fun than finding my AD wife in Cyrodiil! >:)
    Edit - I missed this was for women in the title - Oh well, one brave male had to post. lmao
    Edited by TequilaFire on July 9, 2020 2:13PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my SO courted me (so to speak) by lending me his copy of Heroes of might and magic 2 and prisoner of Ice way WAY back when we met in college (yes, I am dating myself here :P ). we did play ESO together for a while, and right now we occasionaly mess around in Division 2 together, but we tend to have separate tastes in video games that overlap around the edges here and there, but often times are different games. he was the one that originally got me into Elder Scrolls single player games. I was the one who got him into ESO.

I tend to play female characters unless I get a unique story based experience with male ones (so I have males in SWTOR, but otherwise - they only show up in singleplayer games for me) he plays whatever appeals to him/works well in pvp - so generally both. our characters don't look like us, but rather fictional character recreations of the type we have enjoyed previously.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I met my boyfriend as a hired thug in Moonhunter no death run.
    He immediately found interest in me and we had a lot of things in common, but I just considered him a, you know... boy with f.
    So for almost a year, he constantly contacted me while I was just continueing as always and was very content with being single. After a heavy break up some years prior and many failed dating attempts after, I finally was at a peace and was at a good point in my life again.

But in january he finally got me to join a call on Discord and dear, things changed a lot since then. :D And now, despite living in different countries, we have often met and we play ESO every day together since we met.

Thank you ESO. <3

Ah yes I forgot the second part of your question. I very much appear like my real self. :) White hair, elegant, extradordinary choice of clothing. Well... 20 kilos less than my real self... less black clothing and not so aversive against sunlight.. but you catch the drift. And my boyfriend; let's say I had him perform a sex change on one character and on another at least a race change, for I shall not marry a Dunmer without rank and name!
    Edited by Dracane on July 9, 2020 1:52PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My husband played a bit of ESO before I started and couldn't get into it. He tried for a while when I started playing, but it's just not his thing. So I logged into his account and sent all of his good stuff and gold to myself >:)

We played some Oblivion together and are going to try to pick that back up, though for some reason he doesn't like when I stop to harvest.... everything ("STOP GATHERING THE ROOTS AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE OBLIVION GATE! THIS IS THE FIRST ONE AND IS A PIVOTAL MOMENT") and I need to adjust my "playstyle" to compromise.

Oh, and appearance- I do tend to make my characters look a bit like myself, and will play female characters whenever presented with the choice. My husband tends to just keep characters looking like whatever template they start at and will play male characters when presented with the choice. He does have a heinously ugly ESO character named Meurlynn (male) who he strives to make as ugly as possible...
    Edited by SidraWillowsky on July 9, 2020 2:11PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I have an irony-laden story that ends better than it starts.

When my boyfriend and I were together, he actually resented my devotion to gaming and felt that it pulled my focus away from the relationship. I would play in another room and would avoid even talking about my game experiences because I didn't want to stress him out. This wasn't the only factor that led us to break up, but it was kind of emblematic of a lot of the issues that made our partnership not really work.

After we broke up, we remained friends, and he eventually decided to give ESO a shot. He discovered that it was actually pretty fun, and also a good way for us to do things together even though we weren't living together anymore. So even though the romance part didn't go well for us, our friendship is better now because we can still have fun doing something we both enjoy.

Maybe not the kind of sappy story you were looking for, but... yay friendship? :D

As far as character appearance, I default to female characters when I'm given the option (although when I got a second account for storage, I decided to make them all male just for variety). None of them are modeled after me, and I try to make them all look distinctive and interesting in their own way without being too off-the-wall. My friend makes characters of both genders, and either tries to make them look attractive or ridiculous (or both).

Our characters who quest together are a middle-aged Breton woman who (usually) dresses in practical outfits suited to outdoor adventuring, and a buff Redguard dude who wears the most outlandish mishmash of styles available to him.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just need to stop by to say I really like this thread. I can't really contribute, but I really enjoy reading that.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was convinced to meet a girl by an xbox friend of mine. He insisted she was so much alike me, but I was...reluctant, to say the least. I'd been tired from some recent unwanted female drama, but he had us both show up at his house nonetheless, and I was presented with the most beautiful Dunmer male I had ever seen. She took one look at my own Dunmer male and said the same...Talk about an ice breaker, haha. She turned out to be the most amazing person I'd ever met, and from the first day we became inseparable friends. It really became fun when, only a few weeks after, I dusted off my poor Altmer Templar vampire, former main, and she did want to see him despite that I'd stopped playing him shortly before we met due to nerfs. His suit was enough it would seem, and she was quite in love with his face. She was on a tiny little Bosmer whom she had just pulled from the bin of unuse as well, and at once we knew these two characters were made for one another. The tall, shy Altmer and the feisty little Bosmer very soon after enjoyed one of the sweetest and most hilarious marriages I'm sure in all of Tamriel's long history...which of course ended in her joining me in immortality 😉. Our in game couple was a head turner, and we began running dungeons together, with my Altmer vampire learning to tank, and she, my beautiful Bosmer warden, healing me faithfully; and together we learned to love our new roles and revived characters. Other characters after of ours began to be introduced, and now we have many married couples. As far as real life goes though, it would seem both of us needed the other dearly and didn't even know it. Distance proved to be no match for the bond we shared, and to this day, I count her my dearest friend. Perhaps not a story of love in the traditional sense, but my love for her in companionship is strong indeed, as is hers for me :). As for my characters, they tend to inherit some of my personality, naturally, but almost always I play a male, despite being female in actuality. I've always felt far more comfortable on them, and my dear friend plays both, especially now that we have a multitude of characters made for one another.
    Edited by Suna_Ye_Sunnabe on July 9, 2020 4:49PM
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My husband and I met online back in the early days of the internet, but not in a game. We enjoy gaming together, although we both spend a significant amount of time playing alone (or with others—in the case of LOTRO, I raided a lot more often than he did). We both played the original Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, but I’ve tried out a lot of other MMOs that he wasn’t too interested in.

Both of us enjoy games of all types, going back to pre-computer board games and cards.

My ESO characters are almost always female (I don’t like the way male characters look in this game). I tend to make them look androgynous. His are a mix of male and female.
  • Mallow
    Mallow
    ✭✭✭
    My husband and I have been married for 18 years and we love to play games together, despite the fact that there is sometimes yelling. We both play female characters although I think he still has one or two male Khajiit. My husband's toons are mostly skinny little Bosmer chicks with big racks (I'm also a small person but the rack... not so much) and I play one of each race with my elegant red-haired Breton being my favorite.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play characters of both genders. My fiance does not game, however as she works until about 8PM, I can get my game fix in without neglecting her.

I do wish she would play, but she just has no interest. Although she thinks my characters, both male and female are good looking. And she likes watching the game. Until she sees something shiney in the Real World.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SjornParadox52
    SjornParadox52
    ✭✭✭
    I've been a loner through out my entire life, been gaming alone, not to mention all of my characters are male because i'm a guy in the flesh many other players i've seen are basically guy players under female masquerades. it's just weird to me.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been a loner through out my entire life, been gaming alone, not to mention all of my characters are male because i'm a guy in the flesh many other players i've seen are basically guy players under female masquerades. it's just weird to me.

Oh, you never know. I'm a woman that plays a male toon. It's not even necessarily to avoid harassment, I just like my character.

EDIT: I'm adding this: I hope you find someone. I'm kind of alone right now, too, so I can relate. Never was one to date much.
    Edited by SickleCider on July 10, 2020 12:22AM
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My wife & I have been married 27 yrs.. She became an avid gamer when I introduced her to EQ back in '99 & she took off running. Through the years we have played many MMO's together & seem to have always provided any groups or guilds we were in plenty of entertainment through our IC & OOC banter that comes with being together so long. She will focus on a single MMO or game @ a time, whereas I am very MMO ADD & will jump around on a whim.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My husband and I met online back in the early days of the internet, but not in a game. We enjoy gaming together, although we both spend a significant amount of time playing alone (or with others—in the case of LOTRO, I raided a lot more often than he did). We both played the original Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, but I’ve tried out a lot of other MMOs that he wasn’t too interested in.

Both of us enjoy games of all types, going back to pre-computer board games and cards.

My ESO characters are almost always female (I don’t like the way male characters look in this game). I tend to make them look androgynous. His are a mix of male and female.

And when I do play a female character w/ @DarcyMardin, I call it our "Thelma and Louise" act. :)
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a woman of the forums, and I shall spin you a yarn about love.

/yarn ;)
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And when I do play a female character w/ @DarcyMardin, I call it our "Thelma and Louise" act. :)

You ride off cliffs?
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey, I wanted to let people that saw the thread pre-edit know that the commenter approached me with apologies and gratitude, and we're having a good exchange about it. It was a mutual misunderstanding. I also want to thank whichever moderator cleaned up the thread. Thanks!

Anyway, I'm loving these stories. Please keep them coming! It's really nice to see something so positive and heartwarming on this forum. I'm happy with the way this thread took off. I wish I had the ability to respond to you all. :)

Of course, @Saucy_Jack 's story was the best, though.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started ESO together with my partner years ago. Now he's my ex, and it always feels a little awkward when I see that he's online on my friends list. Never knowing if I should greet politely or rather not, and what to write. I'm sorry that's not exactly romantic, but maybe someone can relate.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    I started ESO together with my partner years ago. Now he's my ex, and it always feels a little awkward when I see that he's online on my friends list. Never knowing if I should greet politely or rather not, and what to write. I'm sorry that's not exactly romantic, but maybe someone can relate.

Oh, I'll allow it! I'm sorry you're going through that. I had a similarly awkward experience with an ex-friend that I kept bumping into in game. It eventually passed with time and changing habits.
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice roleplay! Did he used his hardcasted frags on the discord call too??
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice roleplay! Did he used his hardcasted frags on the discord call too??

Did you comment on the wrong post? :D
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

You ride off cliffs?

LOL! Only in Cyrodiil. I do tend to jump over every waterfall I find, though.