The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It's too bad PVP rewards are only good 1 week out of the year.

Langeston
Langeston
✭✭✭✭✭
Otherwise, maybe Cyrodiil & IC wouldn't be ghost towns for the other 51.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's more a case of 1 week of people playing for event rewards and tickets rather than pvp specific rewards. But it's always great to see a more active population.
    Edited by mairwen85 on July 8, 2020 11:37PM
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are PVP rewards good during MYM? Do you mean the boxes (mostly worthless apart from cold fire siege) or 2x the amount of Rewards of the Worth containers (which every PVP'r gets so many of, they are also nearly worthless.) ?

For me the only worthwhile things from MYM are : More players to fight, Double AP for leveling Alliance rank on various characters.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I meant the boxes too. Hakeijo, transmute crystals, tel var, alchemy reagents... It was great. Much better than just garbage equipment to decon. Only ~350 days left until we can do it again.
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 weeks
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure people will wildly disagree, but IMO, they need to buff AP gains outside of the event. Once you are in the high 30's of AR, it gets very frustrating to play a few hours and barely see your level move. I am not suggesting they give away GO to everyone that installs the game, but a 25-50% AP buff would not be inappropriate if you ask me. Even if it wasn't just a straight multiplier, I feel like AP gains across activities arent as well thought out or consistent (in terms of effort required) as they could be.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozby wrote: »
    2 weeks

4 weeks, if they do two of them per year.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure people will wildly disagree, but IMO, they need to buff AP gains outside of the event. Once you are in the high 30's of AR, it gets very frustrating to play a few hours and barely see your level move. I am not suggesting they give away GO to everyone that installs the game, but a 25-50% AP buff would not be inappropriate if you ask me. Even if it wasn't just a straight multiplier, I feel like AP gains across activities arent as well thought out or consistent (in terms of effort required) as they could be.

They did buff AP gains once already, @Oreyn_Bearclaw.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s also the event to get your emperor achieve if you work hard for it.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my problem is rather the ap gain that is so slow normally, it takes sooooooooo long to level
  • marke1
    marke1
    ✭✭✭
    Leveling is very slow outside the event . What they should do is introduce something like xp scrolls that can be purchased with AP , something like 100k AP for a 2hr 100% xp boost . It would help things along and give something else to spend AP on.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    I meant the boxes too. Hakeijo, transmute crystals, tel var, alchemy reagents... It was great. Much better than just garbage equipment to decon. Only ~350 days left until we can do it again.

To be honest, I'd happily receive Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Boxes instead of those Rewards for the Worthy containers all the time. :)
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.

LIke it or not this PVP event certainly increases footfall significantly.

ZoS are missing a big trick by not doing this or similar/other PVP events more often.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    I agree.

LIke it or not this PVP event certainly increases footfall significantly.

ZoS are missing a big trick by not doing this or similar/other PVP events more often.

It would be fine to run it more often if they simply untied Event Tickets from the event. The fake traffic it draws causes all sorts of complaints.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That would defeat the purpose of an achievement grind, which is to create a desire (achievement / title / whatever) that causes you to keep logging into the game and play it. The longer you stick around the more likely you are to spend money on it.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would overhaul the whole reward structure for PvP.

In the initial design, your alliance's performance in Cyrodiil would at least grant you buffs in PvE, so things mattered in that sense. Ever since that was abolished, it is just about individual rewards, and those aren't that great tbh.
    Once you have all (2) motifs and such, AP become worthless. Rewards of the worthy clutter your inbox, transmutation geodes clutter your inventory. The only thing of note are the gladiator proofs from daily rewards, which you can collect for costumes and outfits, but that's a slow process and the daily reward structure runs counter to Cyrodiil's free-form and open-ended design. What am I supposed to do after my daily?

IMO they should cut the lackluster rewards for the worthy and roll it into better purchasable rewards for AP, or direct rewards for activities in Cyrodiil like defending/taking a keep. Or something like the gear merchants in Bruma/Vlastarus/Cropsford that become available depending on your alliance's performance. E.g., why are there no special rewards for everyone in the alliance when you've crowned an Emperor?

I've really come to love Cyrodiil, but pretty quickly you wonder "What's the point?".
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, midyear mayhem is by far my favorite event since IC gets populated. Otherwise it's a ghost town.
    EU PC
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The unfortunate irony is that, if the players "just visiting" Cyrodiil and the Imperial City during these events weren't ganked so badly by veteran PvPers, they might actually go back to visit more often. :D
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    The unfortunate irony is that, if the players "just visiting" Cyrodiil and the Imperial City during these events weren't ganked so badly by veteran PvPers, they might actually go back to visit more often. :D

Nobody was getting ganked hardly by veteran PvP players. We have gankers, who will try to gank anyway, and we have veteran PvP players that play PvP and obviously will win from less experienced players. For me it was the same when I started with PvP, I died everywhere and actually had to L2P again.

And these boxes, I think we all can agree the RftW boxes are hot garbage and that the midyear mayhem boxes are still garbage, but the coldfire sieges and hakeijo runes actually make it worth clicking on them. One might even think these boxes were designed to fill a players inventory..
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think it would be cool if they just did something like a weekend every month or two where there was just a simple bonus like double AP or double tel var. Just something to encourage people to head into the pvp areas more often, even if it’s just for a short period.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's always very sad when this event ends :/ Most of all I love getting double AP, but those little reward boxes are nice too - I still have many sieges and repair kits from previous event and don't need to buy them :D Too bad I almost never go to Cyrodiil nowadays.

I prefer IC as ghost town, where one can "peacefully" duel, have some fun meetings and have less chances to see farm groups. But it would be nice to have more of simple double AP events (or just have scrolls that increase your AP gains, like we have for EXP gain). Battlegrounds are very nice with double AP <3
  • VoluptaBox
    VoluptaBox
    ✭✭✭

That's just not true, people don't sit in Cyrodill all day in the hope of catching and ganking said 'visitors'. But yea, event was fun and performance was actually much better than I expected :)
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Like town, the reward the same as a ressource despite having 3 flag and thrice the mob
    But ressource were buffed back then i think a ressource was 500-750 ap
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on July 9, 2020 3:25PM
  • Iki
    Iki
    ✭✭✭
    It`s also not just about pelinals boxes with nice extra goodies, nor higher ap gains, but it was also nice to have two weekends when weekend merchant actually got sets worth buying. Those with plenty of ap got chance to make some profit or just buy shiny gold jewelry of sets worth using. While outside events there has been weeks if not months when weekend merchant got absolutely nothing worth buying.

If i get to decide, we could have 4 pvp events a year, seasonal events, like spring-, summer-, autumn- and winter-mayhem.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there, we don't PVP for the rewards. There are fewer people in cyro because of server issues.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Midyear Mayhem is the best event on the calendar and a great change of pace from the fetch-questy nature of the other events.

I even raided a few times with my PvE guild and universally everyone had a blast romping through the fields of Cyrodiil for a few hours.

I definitely agree that there is an appetite out there for PvP even among nominally PvE players. Adding some greater incentives for everyday PvP'ing (or the fantastic idea of double AP weekends) could really breathe some new life into the game mode.
  • Nagastani
    Nagastani
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with all of the above. Glad to see the Event more often.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VoluptaBox wrote: »

That's just not true, people don't sit in Cyrodill all day in the hope of catching and ganking said 'visitors'. But yea, event was fun and performance was actually much better than I expected :)

That is not true. While it wasn't as bad this year, last year there were groups of stealthing gankers camping inside the houses in towns, waiting for players to enter to turn in town dailies. They weren't capturing the towns, just sitting there destroying anyone who entered, as soon as they spawned in the door.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, what am I gonna do with all these ballistae, camps, repair kits, and such for all three alliances? They take up so much inventory space, especially the siege engines. Given how rarely I PvP, I’ll probably just slowly destroy them.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RFTW need complete rework. These fill me mail box every 2 days with total crap which is good only for deconstruction. We need dungeon sets in those rewards or monster sets parts, even if that would mean raising the requirement to 50k AP per RFTW I prefer to get less but actually useful stuff than just a crap.

If not sets then add cold fire weapons, camps add 20-50x repair kits etc. something actually useful...

Current bags should be renamed to Reward For The Worthless.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    Otherwise, maybe Cyrodiil & IC wouldn't be ghost towns for the other 51.

I would say its most likely performance, not lack of rewards, at least for cyrodiil.