The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Had to partly re-install ESO

BazOfWar
BazOfWar
✭✭✭✭
So i have been playing Eso now for a while without any issues and i have it installed via Steam on my 2nd HDD not my main. I logged off last night as usual and everything was fine, When i switched the PC on this morning things where not quite right.

I clicked Tamriel Trade Centre icon as usual and got the error "Unable to detect server region", I thought this was strange so i clicked the ESO icon to launch the game which brought up Steam as usual only this time instead of loading the game it asked me to install Elder scrolls. I am at this point wondering what the hell is going on so i went to the HDD where ESO was installed and all the 90+GB of data and files with all addons etc.. was still there.

I went back to steam and allowed it to begin the install and it said "discovering existing elder scrolls files" which took about 10 mins, then "Downloading Elder scrolls online" which took about another 10 mins.

After it had completed this process i clicked Tamriel Trade Centre again which gave me the same "unable to detect server region" So i booted up the game which launched as normal this time, before i got to the loading screen though i had to choose my server and accept all the terms and conditions like i had just played for the first time.

I am just confused to how/why this happened? and if anyone else has had anything similar?

What might have caused this strange thing to happen :neutral: and how to stop it hapening again.

Thank you in advance for any help.