The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 318: Dropped from Server

Lixiviant
Lixiviant
✭✭✭✭
Just got a message - Dropped from server because you hit the message rate limit. I haven't written anything in zone chat or guild chat in 24 hours as I've disabled the chat window due to others spamming the zone.

BTW, I'm on PS4 and not on PC.
Edited by Lixiviant on July 4, 2020 8:27PM
PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    @Lixiviant this is typically caused by lag. The error code message rate limit does seem a bit confusing at first. Basically, due to lag, your PS4 had a backlog of commands it sent to the server all at once. The server detected an issue with excessive commands and per protocol terminated the connection. Please try again in a bit. Try updating your PS4 and then power cycling. If this issue still occurs, sign out of your PS4 account on PS4 and sign back into your PS4 account on PS4.
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    RT01100111 wrote: »
    @Lixiviant this is typically caused by lag. The error code message rate limit does seem a bit confusing at first. Basically, due to lag, your PS4 had a backlog of commands it sent to the server all at once. The server detected an issue with excessive commands and per protocol terminated the connection. Please try again in a bit. Try updating your PS4 and then power cycling. If this issue still occurs, sign out of your PS4 account on PS4 and sign back into your PS4 account on PS4.

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know