Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What happened in last 24 hours that tanked Cyro performance?

TineaCruris
TineaCruris
✭✭✭✭✭
What happened yesterday to today that totally tanked performance in PvP? Performance actually hasn't been too awful bad when not playing during prime time during the event. It was, as some have said, maybe slightly better even. However, today it's as bad as the bad old days for sure. What happened from yesterday to today that tanked the performance and made cyro unplayable even during off hours (it's 7-8am Eastern that performance is so poor, so not peak play time. I already schedule my PvP to be outside of prime time knowing the pitfalls of trying to play prime time) The populations weren't even locked and every bug you can think of is rearing it's ugly head today, when things were mostly ok just yesterday. It's like someone flipped a switch before they went on vacation for the weekend, and now we are stuck with standard, non event performance.

Anyone know what happened exactly? It literally is as though someone flipped the lag/bug switch and now everything is hosed over again like before the event started. By the way, we know it's not a population issue, as populations have been locked during the same time frame every day so far during the event. What's changed is performance has tanked for some reason, and it tanked like someone flipped a switch.
Edited by TineaCruris on July 3, 2020 3:30PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Performance for me during mym has been complete RNG for me... One day totally playable, the next no skills fire at all. In fact sometimes it changes by the hour and regardless of how many people are around.

I would assume it is a skill, event or combination of both that causes delays, desyncs and rarely a complete lock where you can't do anything your character just jitters with every press including weapon swap and dodge roll etc...

• Villainelle
    Villainelle
    ✭✭
    It's not just PVP - have been experiencing out of the norm lag in PVE too. Off-peak hours, nearly-empty zones. Getting rubberbanding and server disconnects left and right.

The hamster died, I guess.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I was doing a bit of skyreach with a friend. Different sides of the U.S, different internet providers. Randomly, one of us would have massive ping spikes followed by all the NPCs freezing, then after 10-20 seconds that person would get kicked to the login screen with the "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection." Message.

Within an hour, this occured more than 5 times to each of us. I monitored my own internet throughout this, and I was having 0 issues whatsoever with any other devices, services, etc when this was occurring. My download speed remained at 350mb+ the entire time. The same goes for my friend - no issues whatsoever with his internet, despite the game telling us that there was.

There is clearly some issues with the servers even outside of PVP. It's almost as if just sending large amounts of information to the server by pulling tons of NPCs in skyreach was disconnecting us from the game. Similar things like this have happened before with scrolling through guild rosters too quickly, or attempting to place a camp many times in quick succession.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • LordOsiris
    LordOsiris
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that, my internet is working without any issus, my workstation handles the game with 40% GPU and 60% CPU, all easy, the only thing not working is the sever response. lame duck bugs, ticks not given while kicked, skill are not working anymore, bar swap is a lotterie, the ping on server is a mess and those pretty login blocking is so amazing, I could jump in the air ... sorry guys, feels like cheating ... shame on you for this performance!
    If you wanna know more about me, check first here: eso-database.com/en/user/LordOsiris
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just went back into cyro to see how it's going. It's 3pm eastern. It's totally unplayable now. Nothing works at all now that the server is at near full capacity.

Do not que for Grey Host until after the holiday weekend. You will most likely regret it if you do.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they replaced the old hamster with a spry young guinee pig.

sadly he passed away from over work . . .
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was just the eye of the storm, back to your regularly scheduled program; load screens that last 3 mins+ after every 15 seconds of being able to do anything, skills not firing, perma combat, rubber banding. Enjoy