Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Answered! Contracted Noxiphilic Sanguivoria from Bloodfiends, now what?

Athyrium93
Athyrium93
✭✭✭✭
I'm stumped, I got bit by a blood fiend while questing (wasn't intentional) and contracted Noxiphilic sanguivoria, I'm not a werewolf, never been a vamp before, no idea why but I can't find the quest to actually become a vamp now.
Can anyone that picked it up in the wild tell me where to go/what to do?
Edited by Athyrium93 on July 3, 2020 10:51PM
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go to one of the shrines in either Bankgorai, the Rift or Reapers March.

I'd think the scroll/quest should be available for you to complete your journey to the dark blood-red side there.

edit: spelling

edit: Speculative misinformation/assumption removed - please see @Edaphon insightful post below for correct information.
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on July 3, 2020 7:29PM
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on your alliance the quest starts in Evermore (DC), Riften (EP) or Rawl'kha (AD) near the city gates.
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried going to the shrine in the rift near where I got infected and there wasn't a quest. A vamp player confirmed I'm infected though.
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been bitten by a vampire myself, but from what I can read one source says you should go to the "nearest wayshrine" and meet an NPC who will give you the Scion of the Blood Matron quest.

Another source says you should travel to the vampire blood shrine where there will be a scroll you should pick up

I remember when I got bitten (by a werewolf) I had to go to the werewolf zone "capital city" of my faction, so you might have to do that too with vampirism
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Edaphon Omg thank you! You answered a question google couldn't!
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been bitten in the wild, and I was confused about what to do next, too. I tried going to a vampire altar, but nothing happened. I finally figured out I had to get a quest to go to the altar from some vampire dude who was hanging out in the main city in the 5th zone of my alliance for that character (This was Rawl-ka for me). *Then* I could interact with the vampire altar.

Note: This happened a while ago. I don’t know if they changed anything with all the Greymoor updates to vampires.
    Edited by DarcyMardin on July 3, 2020 5:14PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ""If you were bitten by a bloodfiend, you need to speak to Vorundil in Rawl'kha (Reaper's March), Evermore (Bangkorai), or Riften (The Rift), depending on your alliance.""

Quoted from this page at UESP: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Scion_of_the_Blood_Matron

After talking to the quest giver, you will then either go to the shrine or get cured.
    Edited by Dojohoda on July 3, 2020 6:53PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got bitten by a werewolf accidentally once. It was on a magicka character, so she would have made a weak werewolf. (Stamina characters are stronger werewolves.)
    It was kind of hilarious.
    I never cured her, and later made her a stamina character. The fact that it happened accidentally was too funny not to use it as part of her backstory.
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contact your former gfs/bfs so they know they need to get tested too.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know this is about werewolf, but...

Back when I got bitten by a blood fiend I met a guy just outside of Riften who was leaning on a post and that was the quest.

It was trickier than being bitten by another player.
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was a guy outside Rifften that gave me the quest! Thanks for the answers! You guys knew better than Google did!

***side note, it was unfortunately my healer that got bit, so she did the quest, got the achievement and dye and got cured***

@Guyle your comment made me laugh so hard I snorted
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A vamp NPC should turn up a wayshrine and tell you what to do next. You have to go to the vamp shrine for your alliance and enter it, and you're on your way to full vampdom.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion